We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cutting paper longer than 11 inches on Silhouette Portrait?

bpcbutterflybpcbutterfly Member Posts: 1
Hi. Can I cut regular copy paper that is 8.5 x 25 on my portrait? How would I do this? Use the mat for the top portion or not at all? Is there any way to do a print and cut on this paper?

Comments

• GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,501
    @bpcbutterfly, Welcome to the Make-The-Cut! user support forum. Make-The-Cut! is third party software that can be setup to work with many different cutters, including the Silhouette Portrait. It has a myriad of design features that make it easy to create amazing cards and lots of other beautiful items.

While we try to help all who ask for it here, I'd like to point out that this forum doesn't cater to any particular cutter. Rather it is a support group for people who use the software named "Make-The-Cut!" to design cuttable files and then cut out those designs.

I believe there are forums or groups dedicated to the Silhouette machines, but I don't know the names or URLs for any since I use a KNK Zing cutter.

More than likely, someone here knows the answer to your question and hopefully they will see your message and share that answer with you. :)
  • RueschRuesch Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2015
    Hi,

I have a cameo but I used google :-h so I found out

Maximum Cutting Area Silhouette portrait
    8” x 12” (20.3 x 30.5 cm) with a cutting mat
    8” x 10’ (20.3 cm x 3 m) with a lined media

That was one reason why I take the silhouette cameo

What you can try, if the part you want to cut is smaller than 8” x 12” (20.3 x 30.5 cm) you can print it out on copy paper with cutting marks and then cut away everythin else what is over 8” x 12” (20.3 x 30.5 cm) pick it on the cutting mat and cut it with the machine

You mostly find answers here but if you looking for some silhouette specific sites try:

https://www.facebook.com/silhouetteamerica

or just try google search to find a forum in your country

regards

Ruediger
    My machine : Silhouette Cameo I , cutting software: MTC and Silhouette Studio DE, cutting skills: beginner, other software:PCS, gimp and inkscape, all on windows 7 pro . Because english is not my mother language you can keep mistakes if you find them ;-)
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,141
    Since Gabe already explained that this is forum dedicated to Make the Cut! and mentioned finding a Silhouette specific forum - I thought I would give the link to the one I am aware of here:http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/

since you seem to have questions related to their specific cutter and program, you will find the best help there.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!