We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Opening files

pennysempennysem Member Posts: 31
edited January 2015 in Wishlist!
I love MTC, it's my software of choice for all my cutters. But when I think the file I want is a jpg and I go to import the file, then get to the folder it's stored in and realize it's a SVG instead, it would be nice if I could click on the 'files of type' drop down and change the file type to SVG, or pdf, or any other file type that we can import.
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,905
    @pennysem‌ - MTC does not work that way, and likely not going to change any time soon, the number of items on the wishlist before yours is extensive :). The reason is that the program has a different methodology for handling the different file types.

Here is how I do it...I have my MTC window open. I have Windows Explorer open in a folder where I have files I want to use...I click a file (png, jpg, svg, wpc, mtc) and drag it, drop it onto the MTC Virtual Mat. For raster images (png, jpg), the Pixel Trace box pops up. For SVG the file is placed immediately on the mat, and for MTC files, a new window is generated.

For PDF you do have to use the PDF button on the toolbar to import or you get this message when you try to drag and drop:

"You can not drag and drop that file type (only SVG, MTC, WPC and Raster files). Please use the File >> Import menu instead."

This has worked very well for me ever since Andy changed the program to allow us to do that. I rarely, rarely use File => Import, as with Windows Explorer I can have a much larger window, and I can see all file types at the same time in thumbnail views.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,480
    Liz_A, excellent information! TFS.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,905
    @Gabe - you most welcome, thank you, my friend!
  • pennysempennysem Member Posts: 31
    Thanks, Liz, for the tip, I'll start using that method.
This discussion has been closed.