We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Has anyone embroidered on top of HTV?

CapturingTheHeartCapturingTheHeart Member Posts: 85
I have a co-worker that wants some shirts embroidered, but there is a background element that isn't well suited to embroidery. I thought it might look cool, if it's possible, to do that background as HTV, then the foreground embroidered. Has anyone tried this before? Did it look good, or did the two materials clash? Do you need a special vinyl is or standard EasyWeed good enough?

Thanks!
capturing-the-heart.com (still building our catalog) www.etsy.com/shop/CapturingTheHeart (where it all started)

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,126
    I haven't tried it but I would think that you would want to "cut out" the part that would need to be embroidered over the top of. In other words, only cut out the part of the HTV that would show and "remove" the part that would have embroidery on it. You can do that using the Boolean join feature in MTC.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • keglermomkeglermom Member Posts: 4
    There is a "tear-away" HTV. Stahl's carries it. It sounds just like what you are needed. I haven't used it yet, but my daughter has big plans for it!
  • rachellann_714rachellann_714 Member Posts: 848
    I have done both regular HTV and the stahls tear away with regular becareful as with the tight stitching causes it to rip at the sewing seam. just peal the backing off and use a temporary spray on it t help hold in place then stitch, trim and top stitch.
    Owner of a 24" Silver Bullet Professional Series, 18" Black cat Cougar, uscutters MH871, Bosskut gazelle. I can help with start up.  for the Cougar and Lynx and the Silver Bullet Professional Series. http://thatsscrapinc.com/ http://thymegraphics.co.uk/
This discussion has been closed.