We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Scallop circle card

ISO of a scallop circle card with fine scallops not large like in the gallery, I need it joined on one side. I need it for a baby shower.. can anyone please help me?

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Posts: 2,287
    edited October 2014
    Icemoon61 you are not being clear in your request There is a scalloped circle in the gallery (id 601). It looks very fine to me. You can just weld 2 of those together to make your card base. If that is not fine enough you can make your own scalloped circle with the wrapped objects to path. If your version of MTC does not allow you to do these simple functions, I suggest you download the newest version on a memory stick, backup drive, or different directory or a different computer which is the preferred way of having 2 different versions of MTC. That way you can make cards exactly your own way.
  • Calgalcre8sCalgalcre8s Posts: 2,871

Here is one with a more circle shape:
  • HappyCrafterHappyCrafter Posts: 2,643
    @‌icemoon61

This is a simple process.

Place a circle on the mat the size you want. Then place another smaller circle on the mat and make it the size you want. Hold down the control key and drag your smaller circle over and until you see the cursor change to a circle, square, and a triangle. Release the mouse and control key. A window will pop up and you can wrap your circle to path. Drag the Vertical Alignment bar to find out what % you want your scallop to be. Check the repeat box, and start out repeating at -.02 until you have enough small circles to go around the larger circle. You can then drag the "Spacing" bar until you get the circles placed the way you want them. Next weld the smaller circles to the larger circle. Then duplicate so you have two. Next flip only one and move the flipped one over the other until you are satisfied and weld the two together. Then you can fold in half and the circle should match since you flipped one of the circles.

Whether scallops are large or fine is subjective. It is best to be able to know how to do this ourselves. Just play around with it and you will get it.

I have attached a file of a scalloped card where I think the circles are fine, but you may think differently. I am interpreting your comment "joined on one side" to mean welded and folded in half to make a card.

HTH -Sharon
    As long as the bicycle wheels are still turning, life is good. Sharon in North Central Idaho
  • icemoon61icemoon61 Posts: 163
    Thanks this is exactly what I wanted!!
This discussion has been closed.