We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Best Transfer Tape?

I've been using high tack, clear transfer tape with Oracal 651. Recently, I've had problems with the transfer tape leaving residue on the vinyl after application. The rolls of transfer tape are new from a supplier, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any advice on brands/types of transfer tapes/paper that work best with Oracal 651 would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,092
    @monogramaholic - have you contacted the manufacturer and let them know or contacted the supplier you purchased from? The best of anything is purely subjective :).
  • pamelaj55pamelaj55 Member Posts: 883
    I've got the same question. Those that cut vinyl, what kind of clear transfer tape do you use? I got the high tack myself--I had no clue as what to get when I ordered it. It's usually pretty hard to transfer the vinyl to tiles, etc. I'm wondering how less tacky transfer tape is to work with. So the question is, what do you use?

TIA
  • tellablingtellabling Member Posts: 981
    edited October 2014
    @monogramaholic‌ @pamelaj55‌

I use low tact/repositionable contact paper on Oracal 651. It doesn't need the stickiness that Oracal 631 (high tact/permanent contact paper) does (the glitch here is that you may not want to use this on matte walls because the contact paper could take off the paint).

Be sure to test a hidden part of your wall with the high tact to see how it works for your particular walls.

I use Con-Tact brand.
    Gina S (MTC Gallery ID: 17449)
    My Blog | Etsy | YouTube Channel
  • bossie1bossie1 Member Posts: 669
    me too!! cheap contact paper, I cut it and then "play with it" a little by sticking to my hands a few time before I use it. Valerier
This discussion has been closed.