We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cutting just inside the edge

goadgoad Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in General
Hi all,
I am using the Silhouette Cameo to cut out Heat Transfers for dark T-Shirts and for Heat Press Vinyl.
I created a graphic that is basically a multi point Star. What I am trying to do is Cut just on the INSIDE of the outer edge. I have allowed enough of a bleed to do this.
I tried using a standard cut and it leaves too much white around the edge. I did an offset and then tried to shrink a hair but then it still left me some white edges but also it is not quite centered.....can anyone give me tips on how to just go a little inside the outside edge?

Comments

• SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 5,262
    @goad - what software are you using?
  • In MTC I would use shadow with a - configuration
    MTC 4.6.1, PCS 1.1.0, Win 8.1 64
  • goadgoad Posts: 3
    SBryanW said:

@goad - what software are you using?

I am using Silhouette Studio V3 3.1.417ss
  • goadgoad Posts: 3
    UKiainIB said:

In MTC I would use shadow with a - configuration

Sorry...so new, I have no idea what you are saying to me...lol
  • MeFlickMeFlick Posts: 8,945
    @goad - welcome to the Make the Cut forum (MTC). Make the Cut is a 3rd party software program that works with a variety of different cutters including the Silhouette line of machines. Many of those on here who use the Silhouette cutter choose to use MTC instead of or in addition to the Silhouette programs. So what they are saying is that in Make the Cut (MTC), they would use the shadow with a negative number which would give you an "inset" shadow.

Since you are using the Silhouette program - you will get better and quicker help for your questions regarding their programs on a Silhouette dedicated forum. You can find the one I am aware of here:http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/

You can download a free trial of MTC to try with your cutter. It will cut watermarks through the cut until purchased and if you want to try to cut with it you will need to make sure that you download the cutter "plug-in" so MTC can talk to your cutter.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.