We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Store bought popup

GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,571
I haven't tried to use Popup Card Studio yet. On my to do list, for sure. The 4th of July is my wedding anniversary and I found a neat card that my wife really loved. It has lights and music. It happened to be a popup card. Here are some pics.

Comments

• NevaNeva Member Posts: 402
    That is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jesheljeshel Member Posts: 117
    That is so cute!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,359
    What a great card!!
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,379
    Happy Anniversary. @Gabe, that would not be an easy card to do in PopupCard studio and now that you gave it to your wife, she will not let you take it apart to learn how they made it.
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 850
    @Gabe, Happy Anniversary, what a sweet card! With an anniversary date like this you can always be sure to keep the fireworks alive in your marriage, congratulations! ~Diane
  • NittyPearlNittyPearl Member Posts: 1,391
    Happy Aniversary
    Sandra
  • micki542micki542 Member Posts: 624
    edited July 2014
    Soooo cute. It's my anniversary also.
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Member Posts: 2,919
    Love that card. You have great taste.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,223
    Happy belated Anniversary to both @Gabe and @micki542. :-bd
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,571
    @leslie6111, believe it or not, I found it at Safeway supermarket. I'll check to see if it is still available next time I go. To be honest, I have not been drawn to cardmaking. I love MTC because it gives me so many different things I can make. I've never made anything out of paper or cardstock though. Mostly I really like vinyl.
    Thanks to everyone who wished us a Happy Anniversary. My wife and I appreciate it. We had a nice day, a special dinner out and enjoyed the fireworks our neighbors so graciously shot off until 3 am. :))
    @Gabe I've just recently tried vinyl and I can understand the appeal. The architectural application of popup studio and 3d modeling projects might be something that will get you to try card stock. The guy that won the knk zing in the solstice contest did some amazing 3d models of animals.
    Ok, I got another copy of the anniversary card. But I don't have a clue how to take it apart so we can learn how it was put together. Since it is a $9 card, I would hate to disassemble it incorrectly. Anyone have any suggestions? I can take more pics this evening after work.
    @Gabe take a side view and a top view so we can see any anchors. It looks like the card may have some slice form tabs - like the bowling alley card but can't tell from the pictures. A lot of the store bought cards are made in sections (tabs) and not "true" one paper popup cards.
    @leslie6111‌ - ok, will do. Have to wait til this evening, though. I'm really interested to see how this card went together. It has a sound chip and several LEDs, which means it has at least one battery in it.
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    Thank you @Gabe this card inspired me to make a card (well really a page for a future book ) http://www.susanbluerobot.com/2014/07/movie-night.html
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
    I tried to take some pictures, but I found it pretty difficult. Hard to get a clear side image and I'm not sure you can even see anything worth seeing in any of the pics I've taken so far. The best I can say is that they are pretty big pictures so you can enlarge them quite a bit if you save them to your own computer. Let me know if you want more pictures. I can try again with an actual camera instead of just a cell phone. :D
    @SusanBluerobot, You're quite welcome. I'm glad you liked the card enough to find it worthy enough to make your own version. Which is also excellent. Shows you don't need all the lights and whistles to make an outstanding popup card. :)
    Gabe said:

@SusanBluerobot, You're quite welcome. I'm glad you liked the card enough to find it worthy enough to make your own version. Which is also excellent. Shows you don't need all the lights and whistles to make an outstanding popup card. :)

thanks it was soo much fun soon as i seen it I thought of the movienight set and then also Rob from scrappy dew said hey that could be movie night set
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
    @Gabe, if you look at your commercial card and Susan's, they are done differently. The commercial one has multiple tabs and is glued down to the bottom of the card. Susan's is cut from the back, popped out and the car paper pieced on and supported from anchors to the back of the card. Popupcard Studio would only allow you to organize the sections of the commercial card - kind of like I do with my tunnel cards - if you wanted to reproduce it exactly, you could scan the pieces in MTC.
    I started taking it apart last night, right before bed. (What was I thinking?) Anyway, it will take some time because there are electrical wires for the lights. Even when I separate two parts, they are still held together by the wires. Plus I think I need to take pictures of it as it comes apart or else I'll never figure how to put it back together.
    @Gabe and @leslie6111 I did this one still in pop up card studio but cause I still wanted the whole background of the card to put the movie on with nothing in the way I still did it the old fashion was of platforms

OH OH and that pop up views i just took for this posting has given me ideas TIC TIC TIC brain ticking here
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,223

. . .
    OH OH and that pop up views i just took for this posting has given me ideas TIC TIC TIC brain ticking here

OOOH - great! Susan has gotten another idea!! Can't wait to see what it is!

\:D/ ^:)^ :)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!