We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Popup Card Studio v1.1.0 Released!

AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
edited March 2016 in PCS Updates
Hi Everyone!

We have released version 1.1.0 of Popup Card studio which adds some much needed features.

Short-cut keys: We have now added in all the short-cut key combinations. Most of them are exactly how they are in Make The Cut. For example, if you select 2 shapes and press CONTROL+W, it will weld. You can see what the shortcuts are by mouse-over the buttons... a window will popup and tell you what they are.

Export Project Shapes: You can now render your project shapes to SVG format. This comes in handy if you plan on doing a print-and-cut with your project. I am sure we are going to see some amazing things being done with this feature. Here is it's location:

New Crop Tool Options: "Division Rectangle" added. Division is a combination of Inclusive and Exclusive.

Flip/Crop Tool: This is hard to explain, so I made a video: http://www.screenr.com/QKMN
You can also do a Flip/Crop of a selected shape by holding the CONTROL key down when pressing the "Flip To Opposite Side" button... Or CONTROL+SHIFT+K.

Virtual Snapshot Colors: You can now enable colors in Virtual Snapshot. The feature is located here:
You have seen some of the images where I have enabled this feature... Here is an example of where I enabled it for just the sides. It really draws the eyes to the design:

Thumbnail Viewer: You can now install a thumbnail viewer for Windows Explorer for .PCS files. This works just like the MTC thumbnail viewer. After you install, make sure you clear your old thumbnail cache and reboot. Here is how your icons will look after you do that:

Manual Z-Order editing: When working with a project with a ton of shapes, it can get cumbersome moving a shape 30 places by clicking the "Move Down" button over and over. Now you can manually set the Z-Order position. Just type in a number and hit the "Enter" key.

Open In Default Viewer Option: You can now turn on/off a feature to open your renderings in the default viewer after PCS finishes. Option is located here:

Precision Selection Moving: When you hold down the CONTROL and click these buttons:
You will scale/move the selection by 1/1,000th of an inch as opposed to the default 1/100th of an inch. If you hold down SHIFT+CONTROL and click the buttons, you will scale and move by 1/10,000th of an inch.

Bug fixes/crashes: We have fixed numerous bugs and the notorious "Crash if you open a project with notes".

You can download the new version of PCS and the PCS thumbnail viewer by going to this page:
https://www.popupcardstudio.com/TryDemo.aspx

Even though it says it's the "Demo Version", it's really the full version as well. You can simply install over the top of the old version. No need to uninstall.

Thank you to Susan: For testing all the new stuff out and giving feedback on what should be added. She has now made over 300 cards with PCS in the past 4 months!

Susan has put together a video showing some of the new features and some ideas of what you can do with with them:

THANK YOU, EVERYONE!

Sincerely,
The PCS Team.
I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
Post edited by Andy on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.