We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to get vinyl lettering to stay "stuck" on wine glass??

TraceyinFLTraceyinFL Member Posts: 4
Hello, I am new here. I found this forum while searching for an answer to my question. I am putting vinyl lettering on wine glasses. I am using Oracle 651 vinyl because I read it holds up well to washing. However, I am discovering it is not even holding up to hand washing (or drying is the problem). I used clear contact paper for the mask because I could not see through the masking purchased at a local craft store. This may be part of the problem. It left a sticky film on the lettering and glass around the lettering. I gently washed it with soap and water. However when I am drying it, some of the smaller letters are coming off. Is there a trick to making sure the lettering stays stuck on the glass? Also, any recommendations for getting the slight sticky film from contact paper off lettering? I can't give it much elbow grease for fear of losing more letters. (luckily the two I had to replace were on the ends so were not too tedious!) Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!