We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

PCS wish!

bigbillbigbill Member Posts: 370
@Andy I know I mentioned this in a email to you and you also touched on it in the webinar. I would like to see features added to auto quad so you could select a line and it would automatically put in the support to what ever is directly behind it on that plain and maybe the same for multiple lines on the same plane ( one click = done ) I am finding it very hard to get the X&Z lines to show dash lines that are easily distinguishable (could be these old eyes LOL)

I hope you understand what I am getting at. It is a lot like how your CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW up or down works by finding something on the next Y plain.
Bill

Comments

• AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    yes -- I actually had that in at one point, but it got confusing because if there are multiple shapes behind it, which one should it connect to?

Once you start doing "automatic" features, you really start to limit the experience in some features.

I will keep playing with it and see if I can come up with something that won't limit people.
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • bigbillbigbill Member Posts: 370
    I wondered if that would be a problem @Andy but having watched how the yellow highlight displays now as you go thru plains I figured it might be a way to verify and give the option to reject if there was a conflict. Then you could still op to use what is there now. I keep trying to imagine a case where multiple shapes would be behind a line you are choosing and if there was this might be a way to alert of a possible conflict.I that also is why I suggested 2 possible options<one where you select the line you want supported and the other selecting a line and have PCS choose other lines beside that line on the same plain to apply supports.
    I agree it would be wrong to limit or confuse things and that is why I posted the wish. I know from what I have seen you do that you will find a workable solution.
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    he is a super basic example of what I'm talking about:
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • bigbillbigbill Member Posts: 370
    I see....hmmmm
    So in my 2 option scenario if you choose op1 you would get a support the length of the front angle reaching back to the first (the narrow one) vertical block.
    If you choose op2 you would get a support that would connect the same angle but it would result in reaching back and connecting to 7 areas(along the left area on the card back, then on each of the vertical blocks and back again to the bigger vertical blocks.
    So they both would work but the individual doing the project would have to decide what they feel is the better or if they go and use the current manual methods.
    I don't know. I think it could be a benefit to have the choice but as you have shown here the support on the verticals could be possibly weaken if the op2 was used but then again it is left to the discretion of the individual to decide.
  • markusofmarkusof Member Posts: 458
    Option to Render svg to clipboard?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!