We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

SOS on updating Crudcut to new computer--

booox2booox2 Member Posts: 4
Ok I need help. I do not know what version of MTC I have on my old (now dead) computer. I copied and saved all my stuff to a thumb drive but I did not go through the "backup" that I later found in the help section on the MTC program. I have a new computer. I put in the thumb driver hoping waa-laa MTC would work. Alas, no it does not. I went to the MTC site and installed MTC. My designs all show up fine and dandy. But my cutter does not. Unfortunately my cutter is the "banned" bad cutter but it works for me so thats why I stick to it. Well at least until now it worked. What do I need to do to use my new computer with MTC? I just downloaded the MTC on the new computer the other day so it is the latest. If by chance I can get my old computer resurected and running is there something I need to do there? I have no clue about saving or loading drivers. I have looked at other posts in the forum on this subject but they are older-so prior to the cut off for no support on Crudcut.

Comments

• paupau04paupau04 Member Posts: 4,902
    you need to find your old version and the plug-in for the cricut. If you don't have both you might be out of luck. Do a search on this forum and you may find more installation info.
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!! http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,563
    The new version won't work with your cutter.

If you get the old computer restored, and you have all the required components on your USB, then you will most likely just need to install the FTDI software from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

And put the required plugin in the Plugins folder, after you have copied everything over from the USB drive.
  • kmmhugkmmhug Member Posts: 890
    If you can get the old computer to restart, go to your downloads folder and copy the entire MTC program from it. Make sure you get all of it. Delete the version on your new computer and install the old one from your old computer.
    Loving my Cougar, Cameo and new Pazzle Vue!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,563
    MTC would be installed in the c:\Program Files\Make The Cut!\ (or c:\Program Files (x86) dependent on version of Windows) folder, not downloads. The install file usually goes in the Downloads folder if you chose to save the file and not install.
  • kmmhugkmmhug Member Posts: 890
    When I install I also leave them in the download files so I have them both places and the download is often easier for me to copy from. If it is not there, then Liz_A is correct and that would be the next place to try. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Loving my Cougar, Cameo and new Pazzle Vue!
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,759
    edited December 2013
    @booox2
    In Addition To The Saved MTC Program On Your Thumb Drive You May Have To Re-install The FDTI Drivers
    Open MTC > Help > Advanced > Download and Install FTDI Drivers
This discussion has been closed.