We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!


AdeAde Member Posts: 9
I've recently ordered KNK Zing and from the videos they use a 'brayer' to attach the card/paper to the mat. I live in the UK so can anyone please tell what type of brayer I should purchase?
Than you!


  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,553
    Any type of firm roller will work... even a rolling pin! Also, you don't have to use one. Just make sure you press your material down firmly and evenly. Using your hands, you're more likely to miss a spot which is why a brayer is so nice.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 846
    Any brayer would work even a small pie roller. Once I started using a brayer I can not be without it! Even after your image has been cut if you brayer it again it will lift out beautifully! For me it has made a really big difference. ~Diane
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,302
    I saw Sandy use the brayer at a demo, and thought, what a great idea! I wouldn't be without one now, I have several of them!! When you go to Michaels, or Joanne's or Hobby Lobby, look all over the store, as they will have them in 3 or 4 different areas, different brands, some wooden, some rubber, some metal, some silicon. And the price will range from about $5 to $25. So definitely look around for the best deal, and bigger is not necessarily better!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,214
    My Pampered Chef one has gotten much more use in my craft room then it ever got in my kitchen! :))
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • efghausefghaus Member Posts: 1,078
    my pampered chef pastry roller is a multi-task tool! it spends as much time in my craft room as the kitchen.
    Eileen G on the spacecoast Florida Bye Bye Crapcut, Hello Zing. Where have you been all my life?
  • PetraPetra Member Posts: 286
    edited December 2013
    Ade - the brands you will most likely find easily in the UK are Woodware, Speedball and Ranger Inkssentials. The Ranger and Woodware ones seem to be quite hard rubber - the Speedball ones have a bit more "give" when you apply pressure as the roller is kind of spongey.
    You can sometimes get the Ranger ones in Hobbycraft stores, otherwise check out any local craft shops. Not sure where you are in the UK...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!