We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to make the software cut only once without repeating the same line

nasernaser Member Posts: 0
Hi

I am new to this form, new to using KNK Zing and MTC but want to gain and share knowledge from my experience. I will provide what i intend to do and how far i manage to proceed and please provide help as i am really new to cutting with a machine.

Machine: KNK Zing
Material to cut: Leather
Size of cut: 6.5x3"

Success so far: Manage to make it cut the material, get the shapes as needed no issues with the blade cutting or any problems on learning the software. Although its really tricky as to the point of origin and stuff but got it figured out.

Problem: The software tells zing to go through each lines twice causing the material to move and makes everything messy. How can i tell MTC to only go through each line of the object once. Note, it does cut well the first time.

Is there an option to tell MTC to only go through the lines once?
I transferred the file form pdf and have played around with the nodes and other stuff but no idea as to how fix this problem. I am using the print and cut option as it helps me to define where it should start first otherwise it goes bizerurk.

Want it to cut each line only once with the blade no repeats or going above in between and repeating the line. Note, I did put the option cut once in the zing menu so its noting to do with it at all.

Thank you

any feedback will be helpful or otherwise will have to return it as dont want to keep such an amazing tool and not use it.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,561
    @naser - from your description I am going to assume that you have Pixel Traced an image or shape into Make The Cut! Getting two cuts in the same place is resolved by selecting the shape that you have imported, and then Break - a command found on the toolbar at the bottom of the Make The Cut! window. Once you have applied Break then go through the Layer at the right side of the window, expand it (click +), and start with the shapes at the bottom of the list...delete the duplicates or extras. Select all that remain and then Join....another command on the toolbar on the bottom.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,038
    edited November 2013
    I agree with Liz, I think you have duplicate shapes laying over the top of each other so that it cuts twice. Liz has explained how to look for that and fix it.

Edited to say: Oops - I missed your last sentence where you said you had already found this option in your cutting window. I left it though for those who might not know about it. (However, I also wanted to point out that in your cut with Zing cutter, there is a setting for "multi-cuts" that can be set to cut something more than once if needed. I am pretty sure the default is set to no on multi cuts. However, since you are new to MTC, I did want to make you aware of this feature because there are times that you may in fact want to have it do a multi cut.)
    Post edited by MeFlick on
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,135
    Sometimes, imported PDF's will contain repeated outlines, for whatever reason. I've seen this happen in other cutting programs.

Note that you do not have to use PNC to control where shapes will cut. If you go through section 2.07, you'll see the various combination of settings and exactly where shapes will cut relative to where they are located on the screen.

Please let me know if you want some private help with any of this. You can email me at smccauley45@cox.net.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
This discussion has been closed.