NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Lynx cutter by Black Cat Cutters

SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Posts: 1,067Member
edited May 2010 in General
Anyone have a lynx? It's definitely inexpensive and has up to 500g cutting pressure, so it should do everything I would want.

http://www.blackcatcutters.com/products.asp?cat=76

Lisa
Loving MTC even more every day!

Comments

• jtrranchesjtrranches Posts: 2,631Member
    I don't have one but I do believe they are sister machines with the Cougar.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds
    Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!"
    img src="
    September 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Posts: 2,836Member
    edited May 2010
    Wow those prices have really come down. I looked at this before I got my Expression but the $500+ was too much for a craft cutter - Now they are $249 for the Lynx model (700 grams) )Cougar is still $700+

Has anyone used one? The outer case is the same shape as the expression. They even have a 15" that takes up to 17 inch media for $280. Wonder how this compares to the Gazelle? It even cuts mount board (wonder if that is mat board)

here's some info:
    The Lynx is for the crafter and scrap booker that want a tough, durable, hardworking machine without the fuss of extra features that may never be used. It is ideal for crafters from beginners to expert to produce many designs and any dies. Easily capable of cutting Mount Board with the optional mount board tool, its probably all some crafters will ever need.

The Black Cat LNYX is the same machine as the new KNK MAXX, but it costs much less!
    A laser pointer and Laser aligned Print & Cut Carrier Mat for print and cut facility
    USB for Plug and Play
    New variable width Blade Holder so almost any diameter (up to 15mm) cutter tool can be used.
    User-friendly Design , allows you to adjust cutting force and speed while working
    High pressure, approx 700g so easily capable of cutting thick materials
    Great Accessories: Embossing, Engraving, Pouncing Tools, AND optional Engraving Mat for ALL craft users.
    Engraving Rollers attached to the main body so �flatbed� cutting and engraving is easily achieved
    High Speed Math Microprocessor, for fast processing, low noise and clean cuts
    4*8 high resolution LCD back light display,
    Tough, high strength aluminium alloy body
    Post edited by susan_ID2293 on
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    Andy's asking about some of these cutters in this post:

http://make-the-cut.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3369&page=1#Item_18
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

Not to worry anyone but make sure that is the US price. Dawn the owner of Black Cat Cutters is in the UK.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds
    img src="
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Posts: 14,967Member
    I added one to my cart and the only option it gave me in checkout was US or Canada so I'd say that's US dollars????????
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/
    Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OK, it seems that the Lynx machines are 1/2 price at the moment. They are having a blow out sale. The company selling them is called That's Scrap Inc. Here is her other site. http://thatsscrapinc.com/ The owners name is Sherri and she is a great person. I would bet they are either discontinuing that machine or coming our with a new one.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds
    img src="
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Posts: 1,067Member
    She says that the Lynx is the same as the KNK Maxx. Anyone have or used a KNK Maxx? I wonder if the 15" would accept 12" mats or would I need all new??

Lisa
    I had a 24" KNK Maxx what can I try to answer? It will take the mats.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds
    img src="
    edited May 2010
    Did you like your KNK, Terina?

Would you buy the 12" or the 15" if you were gonna get one?

So the 15" will use the 12" mats? That's great!

Thanks for the info.

Lisa
    Post edited by SassyLady_Lisa on
    I loved both of them. Sold one to upgrade sold the other for brother.

I would buy another in a heart beat!!!!!! Well, for me I would get a 12" becaue I never cut anything wider then that.

It will use them just make sure you don't get any skewing. A good way to fix or help with skewing is to put blue painters tape on the back of the mat to give the rollers something extra to grip to.

Your welcome, anytime.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds
    img src="
    Ya know, I may just have to stick with a 12" cutter. I need to find out if Lynx will work with MTC, since it ships with SignCutPro, which appears to be a subscription plan rather than installed on my computer. Arggghhh.

Lisa
    I don't know but I will ask Sherri or Charlene when they email me back. I just sent one asking if they are discontinued or what.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds
    img src="
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Posts: 2,836Member
    Terina - thanks for asking for more info. It would be helpful to know if they are being replaced by a newer model and what the difference are. I am always concerned about buying one and then have a new model be announced right afterwords. My ideal cutter would be able to hold a pen/embossing tip and blade at the same time. Haven't found one yet for under $1000.
    I am writing up the differences right now and will psot them as soon as I get them done. When I hear back, I will post what they say.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds
    img src="
  • DukeFanDukeFan Posts: 1,584Member
    I wonder how this compares to my KNK 13"? I just have the regular one, not the Groove or the MAXX.

I wish it gave the dimensions of the machine.

Does anyone know what program it uses to cut? I wish I could see a screen shot of the program's interface.

Also, can it read Vector PDF's?
    It is going to be a step up from the 13" KNK.

Me too.

Inkscape and Sign Cut Pro.

I believe so yes in Inkscape.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds
    img src="
This discussion has been closed.