We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help! I have all of my AF patterns on my old version of Make the Cut and my Cricut won't cut them...

cfleavittcfleavitt Member Posts: 5
OK, this is the scoop... I bought my old version of Make the Cut before the law suit with Cricut. I have not updated it, so that I would still be able to use it. I have been using it all this time with no problems, but for some reason, I now cannot get my Cricut to cut any of my patterns. I am very frustrated, don't know what to do. Should I purchase another cutter? If so, which would you recommend, and can I still use my version of Make the Cut with all of my patterns or do I have to get a new one? Please help!

Comments

• cfleavittcfleavitt Member Posts: 5
    I forgot to mention that I am a cake decorator and use Make the Cut for cutting my patterns from gumpaste. Since we live in Colorado Springs, I do ALLOT of Air Force cakes. :)
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,150
    When you say you cannot get your Cricut to cut any of your MTC patterns, what exactly is the problem you are encountering? Did you upgrade the firmware of anything recently to it from PC? Are you getting an error message when you try to cut? If so, what is it? Is it not finding your machine? Does the cricut work on its own when not connected to MTC?

As far as purchasing another cutter - if it is in your budget, and you are ready to take full advantage of everything MTC has to offer without having to worry about working with an old cutter then I would say yes, I would get a new one. Especially if you are using it for a "business" like cake decorating. As far as which one, there are lots of good choices and everyone has their favorites(s). It really depends upon your needs and your budget. If you can tell what you want to do exactly (both now and in the future) then others can give you better guidance.

Yes, if you get a new cutter then you can upgrade your MTC to the latest version and it will still work with all of your patterns that you have so you will still have all of those. Good luck!
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • sandyjsandyj Member Posts: 821
    Which version of MTC do you have?
    Just MY opinion, your milage will vary. Like "Andy" but with an "S"
  • ajsgramieajsgramie Member Posts: 219
    Double check that your version to see if MTC didn't accidently update. Also do you use the cricut craftroom. Did that update? Also what is happening when you try to use your files?
    Sue
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,150
    ajsgramie said:

Double check that your version to see if MTC didn't accidently update. Also do you use the cricut craftroom. Did that update? Also what is happening when you try to use your files?
    Sue

MTC will not automatically update so it is not possible to accidentally update. A popup screen comes up telling you there is an update and you have to manually agree to the update.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Silly question, but you do still have a cartridge in the machine to activate it, right? It won't cut without a cartridge plugged in. Have you tried different USB cords? Do you get any type of error message? If so, what exactly is the message?
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!