NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

July 23rd Webinar [Over] - What questions or topics do you have?

SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 4,679Administrator
edited July 2013 in General
Hello everyone,

Each week, I will start a thread a couple of days before the webinar as a place to write you questions and topics for the Q&A Webinar that week. This won't guarantee that every question and topic will be answered or covered, but it will at least give us a starting point for the webinar.

This is the thread for the Q&A Webinar on July 23rd. You can register for this webinar at:
Tue, July 23, 2013 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM EDT

The latest version of MTC will be used in this Q&A

The list of July Q&A Webinars that you can register for can be found in this thread:
http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/5523/

Type in your questions or topics below, but here are some RULES for this thread:
- Keep the questions/topics specific (e.g. do NOT ask "How do I use MTC?")
- Try to keep each post to one question/topic or a group of related questions/topics. If you have more than one unrelated question/topic, then add another post.
- Keep the wording in the post to the question/topic and any necessary detail
- If there is an existing thread that is dealing with the question/topic, and you feel that it would be a good question/topic to cover in the webinar, then post a link to that thread along with the question/topic.
- Do NOT post if you are not asking a specific question/topic (e.g. no "Me too!", "Great idea", or "That was covered before" type posts)
- If you see someone post a question/topic that you can help with before the webinar, feel free to work with them, but NOT on this thread - start a new thread or send them a PM or email.
- Try to remember, when you are posting a question/topic, that we can only show what is on our screen. We can't share images of off screen things we are doing (loading the cutter, paper, etc.).
- If you have a file that goes with the question/topic, then feel free to post it also. Please do NOT post copyrighted files (links to the original website would be OK).

I may have to add more rules [am I starting to sound like a tyrant yet ;-)], but that is probably enough for now. I am trying to keep this thread simple and succinct so that it can be a manageable tool used to improve our Q&A Webinars. Therefore, I will be EDITING and/or DELETING posts in this thread to keep them manageable and within the rules above. I am human, and will probably edit/delete too much in someone's eyes at some point, but please realize that I am doing so to keep things manageable. Please do not take offense at my edits/deletions. If you have an issue with what I did (or didn't do), please let me know at my email address (posted in my profile) or send me a PM.

This will not be the only venue for questions/topics for the webinar - we will also still continue using the question area in the webinar itself.

OK, If I haven't scared everyone off with my tyrannical rules...
Let the games, I mean questions, begin...
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 4,679Administrator
    FYI: The latest version of MTC will be used during this Q&A.

An added request: If you don't mind, please type your name in your post so that we know who to talk to during the webinar, and also indicate whether or not you have a microphone in case we want to talk through your question...

Thanks,
    Bryan
  • PPDPPD Posts: 597Member
    Could you show if it's possible to accomplish this effect called "rise" as shown in this title in MTC? It is the word "FULTON" shown in the shadow box.
    Debbie ~PPD~

aimitup.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-home-collage.html
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Posts: 297Member
    Hi my name is Diane Bove, the file I am using is a free file from Birds Cards called Place Cards 3, (it has 2 heart shaped files, I am using the second one pictured with the small heart and scrolls that stand on the card top. You can download it free here.birdscards.com/free-digital-cut-files/place-cards/

I'm sure this has an easy answer, I tried looking it up but not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying to alter the existing file so that I can put the name tag on both sides without the 1/2 moon cut out showing. The original size was 8x8, it is a place card. I want to make it 4" wide x 8.11" long, but to keep the cut out at the top at it's original 4x2 size. I want to use 6.11" for folding purposes, so it will fold every 2", the final fold will come back up to the top and hide or overlap the cut out.

So I made it 4x4 which kept the design at the top at 2", I tried adding a 4x4 shape then used the join box at the bottom of the page or Control J., it added the extra 4" but when I cut it, it cut 2 boxes, I wanted them to cut as 1 box. I went through instructions (I have a Zing) using MTC, it said go to shape magic and weld, but it is gray and I can't use it, maybe because I already used the join box at the bottom of the screen.

This is my second attempt, I originally tried to shrink it to a 4x4, then removed the 4x4 box from the design and added a 4x8.11 rectangle over the design. That cut it as one 4x8 piece like I wanted, but I did not center the design at the top of the page properly so it was askew when it cut.

PS, I added the .11 making it 8.11 to give me some room for what the folds take off, it worked well on the crooked one, I know there is a way to center it, but I tried and they did not take either. I don't know if I am to box it and then do the ], and I tried the Edit>align and space>Space>horizontally, but it did not move for me.
    I would love to see this done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ps, no microphone but I will be there. Thank you. Diane
  • jeanmariejeanmarie Posts: 6Member
    what can you do with the spiral key. Is it to just draw with, or can you use words.
  • littlebitkaylittlebitkay Posts: 26Member
    I don't know if this is a question or a request. I have designed a box with dotted lines for fold lines. When I try to JOIN all together so I can move as one unit, the solid lines also become dotted lines. Is there a way to GROUP ALL without the lines being changed?

Kay,
    I do not have a microphone
    I will be on tonight.
  • SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 4,679Administrator
    1. Please join my Webinar.
    https://www1.gotowebinar.com/register/929038600

2. You will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.

Or, you may select "Use Telephone" after joining the Webinar.

Dial +1 (909) 259-0012
    Access Code: 325-146-289
    Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar

Webinar ID: 929-038-600

GoToWebinar®
    Webinars Made Easy®
This discussion has been closed.