We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Make The Cut! Version 1.1.0

AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
edited January 2010 in MTC Updates
Hello everyone!

Version 1.1.0 has been posted! (formerly known as 1.0.7)
You can download from here. You do not need to enter your email address unless you want to be on our mailing list.

Here is a rundown of the major updates.

Basic Shapes
There are now a set of primitive shapes that you can use in your projects. This list of shapes is built in to the program and there will be more and more shapes added as new versions are created. You can access these shapes from the new "Import" File menu, Custom Shapes tab, or shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+B)

Paste In Place
You can now paste the shape you cut/copied exactly where you cut/copied from. Short cut is (Ctrl+Shift+V)

Unregister Make The Cut!
You can unregister the application in case you want to move the license to a different computer or give it to someone else. This feature is located in "Help" >> "Advanced" >> "Unregister"

Import SVG at it's original size
You can now import an SVG at any DPI (default is 90). This new option is in the SVG file dialog

Printing Support
You can now print your project. Why is this so cool? You can use virtual printer software such as CutePDF and create PDFs from your shapes to use in other craft software.

Notes Bar Updated
When you open a project that has notes written, the notes bar will show automatically alerting you that there are notes.

Shadow Layer
You can now create a shadow layer for your shapes. Here is a shape I made by applying the effect 5 times (then performing "Join"):

Import File Menu Added
More shortcuts! You can now import from the "File" menu.

Duplicate/Autofill
You can now perform an autofill on a selected shape. You can define the amount of shapes you want as well as the spacing between the shapes. This feature is in the Edit menu, shortcut is Ctrl+D.

Alignment
You can now align a magic selection to the left, right, top, bottom, centered or stacked.

Zoom in increased
You can now zoom up to 200%

More categories added for uploading
Added some more categories when uploading your projects and SVGs!

Scrollbars added to Main Bar
Now if you size the window smaller, you can scroll the Main Bar windows to get to the other features

TWAIN Tracing
You can now import raster images from a TWAIN source such as a scanner for tracing!

No-Cut Outside Of Mat
If a shape ends up completely outside the mat and you try to cut, it will alert you. You can still cut, but Make The Cut will not cut that shape.

Trace Image Shows Original
Now you can see what the original image looks like while you are adjusting the threshold.

Lock Aspect Ratio
When sizing using the Object Properties bar, you can lock the width and height ratio so it sizes correctly

Forum Menu Item
You can now go directly to the forums from the Help menu.
I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
This discussion has been closed.