NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

Two Trick Pony Card

GabeGabe Posts: 2,874Moderator
I saw a card at Walmart unlike any I've seen before. It was a picture of the bottom part of a guitar on a pocket card. You grabbed a tab inside the pocket and pulled. 5 slide out sections of guitar neck came out of the pocket. They came out a certain distance and then stopped. You'd have to pull on it pretty strongly in order to make it break.

Pulling the guitar neck to it's full length then triggered a sound chip inside the card that played a classic electric guitar riff.

Anyone ever made a card like this? You could do the Christmas Leg Lamp, for instance and when you pulled the leg out all the way it would play a few bars of a Christmas song. I'm sure other people would have some fun ideas for this.

You can even buy recording chips for your cards. You pull out a paper tab and speak into the chip for a few seconds. After that, when you open the card it plays back whatever you recorded. So that would work for these cards too. What do you think?

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Posts: 5,319Member
    Sounds like a cute card...you need to take photos, @Gabe, I am not great with the visuals :).
  • GabeGabe Posts: 2,874Moderator
    edited February 2013
    @Liz_A

I did take pictures of several things I saw that day and shared them here. I didn't take a pic of the guitar card but I've attempted to recreate it. Please see the attached picture.
    Post edited by Gabe on
    Odd. It won't let me upload the picture right now. I'll try again later.
  • DarleneIDarleneI Posts: 2,325Member
    Sounds like a good idea Gabe. My husband loves the lamp in that Christmas movir. In fact I bought him a night lifght of it for Christmas. They also had a lamp but I sort of agree with the wife in the movie. Won't fit my decor.

Darlene
  • elliott37elliott37 Posts: 1,006Member
    Strangely (I guess), I made a guitar pocket card a couple of years ago. It didn't have a sound chip in it, though. The one I made was shaped like an electric guitar and the neck was pulled out. The neck was in only one piece, though. Would have been cool to have a sound chip to activate.
    In NC cutting with a Cameo & 18" BC Cougar
    Finally managed to upload the file. This isn't the actual card, but my attempt to show you what the card looked like.
    guitar card.jpg
    1033 x 947 - 185K
  • MeFlickMeFlick Posts: 6,196Member
    @Gabe - I saw you added the request to this to Tonight's Webinar. I have made a couple of different "slider cards" over the past couple of years. If you google double slider or magic slider card you will see a lot of different ones similar to those I had made. I know I created a magic slider card file and maybe the double slider too for cutting. Not sure if they are on my blog or not but will check and if not will upload them when I find them! ;) However, they are not exactly what you were looking for here. So I went off on a google search this afternoon and found this Youtube video. I sent the information to Bryan so he might have a "starting point" if he got to this in tonight's Webinar if he had't already figured out another way to do it!

Here's a link to the Youtube video:

Go Vols!
    image Visit my Blog: http://melaniescrafting.blogspot.com/
    Cutting with 18" Cougar, Silhouette SD & Cameo and yes, I still have one of those "other" machines too!
    @MeFlick

Thanks! That is what I saw in the store. Bryan doesn't have to do it now that you've shown how to do it. That'll give him time for other questions.:)
This discussion has been closed.