NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

February 26th Webinar [Over] - What questions or topics do you have?

SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 4,625Administrator
edited February 2013 in General
Hello everyone,

Each week, I will start a thread a couple of days before the webinar as a place to write you questions and topics for the Q&A Webinar that week. This won't guarantee that every question and topic will be answered or covered, but it will at least give us a starting point for the webinar.

This is the thread for the Q&A Webinar on February 26th. You can register for this webinar at:
Tue, February 26, 2013 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM EST

The latest version of MTC will be used in this Q&A

The list of February/March Q&A Webinars that you can register for can be found in this thread:
http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/5523/

Type in your questions or topics below, but here are some RULES for this thread:
- Keep the questions/topics specific (e.g. do NOT ask "How do I use MTC?")
- Try to keep each post to one question/topic or a group of related questions/topics. If you have more than one unrelated question/topic, then add another post.
- Keep the wording in the post to the question/topic and any necessary detail
- If there is an existing thread that is dealing with the question/topic, and you feel that it would be a good question/topic to cover in the webinar, then post a link to that thread along with the question/topic.
- Do NOT post if you are not asking a specific question/topic (e.g. no "Me too!", "Great idea", or "That was covered before" type posts)
- If you see someone post a question/topic that you can help with before the webinar, feel free to work with them, but NOT on this thread - start a new thread or send them a PM or email.
- Try to remember, when you are posting a question/topic, that we can only show what is on our screen. We can't share images of off screen things we are doing (loading the cutter, paper, etc.).
- If you have a file that goes with the question/topic, then feel free to post it also. Please do NOT post copyrighted files (links to the original website would be OK).

I may have to add more rules [am I starting to sound like a tyrant yet ;-)], but that is probably enough for now. I am trying to keep this thread simple and succinct so that it can be a manageable tool used to improve our Q&A Webinars. Therefore, I will be EDITING and/or DELETING posts in this thread to keep them manageable and within the rules above. I am human, and will probably edit/delete too much in someone's eyes at some point, but please realize that I am doing so to keep things manageable. Please do not take offense at my edits/deletions. If you have an issue with what I did (or didn't do), please let me know at my email address (posted in my profile) or send me a PM.

This will not be the only venue for questions/topics for the webinar - we will also still continue using the question area in the webinar itself.

OK, If I haven't scared everyone off with my tyrannical rules...
Let the games, I mean questions, begin...
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 4,625Administrator
    FYI: The latest version of MTC will be used during this Q&A.

An added request: If you don't mind, please type your name in your post so that we know who to talk to during the webinar, and also indicate whether or not you have a microphone in case we want to talk through your question...

Thanks,
    Bryan
    I will start with doing a quick demonstration on how I closed the open image from this thread:
    http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/31101/how-to-close-an-open-image-resolved
  • nannan Posts: 366Member
    edited February 2013
    Bryan,
    Can you talk about self-stick vinyl? I'm very interested in how vinyl differs from paper or card stock in cutting and designing.
    Nan
    Post edited by nan on
  • tambur8tambur8 Posts: 29Member
    Hi Bryan can you please demonstrate how you used simple shape to recreate the Maxim 650 logo that I posted on the forum last week. The quality of the photo was not good and I had a hard time with the pixel trace but you were able to create a perfect replica. I would love to see how you did it. Thanks
    650 emblem.jpg
    250 x 113 - 34K
  • GabeGabe Posts: 3,063Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Hi Bryan, if you get a chance could you show how to make a pocket card (open at the top) that has pull out sections? You can pull out each section a set amount before it won't extend any further, but I'm not sure how that is accomplished. I posted an image of how this was used to make a guitar card where the neck extends up out of the pocket.
    http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/31140/two-trick-pony-card

Of course, you could also put the opening on the side and do an elephant head with the trunk extending out of the pocket, for example.
    Post edited by Gabe on
  • meenameena Posts: 270Member
    I am trying to get the text to follow the path on the top side of the flourish.
    Also, what bold script font would you recommend?
    Thanks.
    Meena
    mtc
    mtc
    brainstorm flourish.mtc
  • ruthgillis_ID2936ruthgillis_ID2936 Posts: 5,791Member
    edited February 2013
    I purchased this set of SVG files from Visual Designs by Chris –
    When I import the SVG I get this weird thing – see the top square thing – and see what is showing on the mat; can't see initial – looks like there are open paths!? BUT when I select print preview it “looks” correct and you can see the initial…
    How do I ‘fix’ my monogram set so I can cut these for vinyl correctly? In the past I think I actually had to “Add” in a square and join it so I could cut … but shouldn’t it work without doing that? **New issue - decided to try it in 4.5 and now the initials do not show either In the center of the file when you bring in the svg but it does in print preview?
    Thanks Bryan!
    Will send svgs to your email ( I tried it with the A and the M)- as this is a purchased file I am just posting a screenshot of a section of the file to show what is occurring.
    Ruth - no microphone
    Monogram SVG File.JPG
    1280 x 1024 - 138K
    Post edited by ruthgillis_ID2936 on
  • paupau04paupau04 Posts: 4,819Member
    Very late posting this, but it just came up. I am trying to create an image in MTC using the texture fill. I will need to use registration marks and send these images out to be professionally printed and then contour cut on possible the Zing, I am going to have to get another cutter to do this, the Cameo laser registration is a plus but it won't be able to handle the thickness of the paper. I need to export the image as an pdf to the printer, but when trying to do this in MTC I lose the texture fill and the registration marks. Long story short I need to figure a way to export a pdf with a fill and registration marks.

Is this possible???
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!!

http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
    1. Please join my Webinar.
    https://www1.gotowebinar.com/register/112297360

2. You will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.

Or, you may select "Use Telephone" after joining the Webinar.

Dial +1 (415) 655-0053
    Access Code: 824-533-926
    Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar

Webinar ID: 112-297-360

GoToWebinar®
    Webinars Made Easy®
This discussion has been closed.