NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to close an open image? [Resolved]

sk8rsmomsk8rsmom Posts: 11Member
edited February 2013 in Resolved Issues
I have a tracing of an image that I believe is not closed because I can't get anything to weld to it. Though I enlarged node view, I'm unable to detect where the break on the image is. Is there a way to find where the break is or somehow close my image?
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• GabeGabe Posts: 3,048Moderator
    If possible, upload your image as an attachment. Then some of our skilled members will be able to check it for you and give advice.
  • sk8rsmomsk8rsmom Posts: 11Member
    Not sure if I'm doing this correctly, but here goes...
    mtc
    mtc
    hkheadnobow.mtc
  • SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 4,595Administrator
    @sk8rsmom - the easiest way is to select the pencil node editing tool. It will show blue dots where there is end of an open path. You can also do a Fuse n' Weld... (Ctrl+Shift+M). In your case, it was a simple fix. You actually had a duplicate line on part of the design in addition to some breaks in the design. Once I got rid of the duplicate line, I did the fuse n' weld to join up the rest of the design. Attached is the corrected file.
    mtc
    mtc
    hkheadnobow_sbw.mtc
    By the way, I would be interested in the process you used to create the shape. I don't know how you would have gotten the extra bit of open path.
    edited February 2013
    OMG, Thank you so much, SBryanW! I'm not sure how the extra bit of open path occurred, but I initally traced a shape of the kitty's head, then tried to remove the bow from her head at node level, then tried to redraw that part of the head. Something must have gone amiss as I was trying to re-draw....
    Again, thank you for the info on how you did the fix...love learning more and more!
    Post edited by sk8rsmom on
  • DarleneIDarleneI Posts: 2,442Member
    If you will zoom in on your file you can see on the cat's left side in the first indention there is a problem. In the tool bar there is an icon that looks like a ruler and angle. Out this on your outline and it will show a blue dot and arrow near where the problem is. I tried a fuse and weld in advanced but that didn;t work so I zoomed way in and could tell there was a double line in a couple places. I selected these and deleted. then did a fuse and weld again and the object filled. I am not good at giving instructions so I hope this helped. There may be an easier way but this one works for me. Darlene
  • CarmenOCarmenO Posts: 1,109Member
    @SBryanW How did you figure out there was a duplicate line on part of the design?
    Gazelle, Cameo
    Bryan I have this problem a lot. I can't figure out why it happens. There will be just one little area that has a double line. When I zoom way in I can tell because the line looks a little different in those areas. It happens when I do a pixel trace of a graphic. Darlene
    I tried the fuse n' weld first, and since it didn't work, I knew that there was an additional issue, so I started looking at the path (or paths in this case) between the blue dots. I have to admit that I can't see a difference in the lines like Darlenel can, but if you start moving things around, you'll start seeing the difference in paths. I can do a quick demonstration at the next Q&A if needed.
  • CarmenOCarmenO Posts: 1,109Member
    I would appreciate a demonstration Bryan. Thanks!
    Gazelle, Cameo
  • brianna_c1brianna_c1 Posts: 3,564Member
    me tooo thanks bryan...
    Stampin Up Demonstrator
    Sometimes the line will be a little darker sometimes not. I just zoom way in when it won't fuse and weld and see if I can pull out an extra line. Sometimes I just break the lines above the blue dots and if there is a gap with a line under it I delete the line. It is strange that this happens but it is probably a line the original person did not remove. Bryan I think this is what some people mean when they say they have a double line and how to get rid of it. Darlene
    Thank you, to you all, nice to know I'm not the only one who runs into this problem. Will be watching for the demo on this at the next Q& A.
This discussion has been closed.