NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cameo Can't Connect!!

carolinagirlcarolinagirl Posts: 2Member
edited October 2012 in Help for Make The Cut
I have a Cameo only a week old am cutting with MTC every other page I sent to cut says can't connect. I have the unplug from computer and replug in, then it connects. I have tried new cord no difference. I called silhouette, they think it could be a MTC issue but know nothing about it. I have no idea and none of my friends have this issue can anyone help. I have only cut in MTC and to be honest have no idea how to cut in silhouette. Thanks for ANY HELP!!!!

Comments

• iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    Do you have any other design programs open? If Silhouette Studio is open, it will 'claim' the USB port and MTC won't be able to connect. Same thing happens with other design programs...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

• Cynthia BarberCynthia Barber Posts: 224Member
    It happens occasionally to me, I just turn the Cameo off and turn it back on and it works.
  • carolinagirlcarolinagirl Posts: 2Member
    I do not have any other design programs open at the same time and I would not mind if it was occasional but it is happening with almost every other cut , if you have any other ideas they are much appreciated!!! Thanks
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    I'm not sure. :-?

Any Cameo owners out there with an answer? :-??

@juliefes, do you have a Cameo?
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

• MeFlickMeFlick Posts: 7,074Member

I have a Cameo only a week old . . . I have only cut in MTC and to be honest have no idea how to cut in silhouette. Thanks for ANY HELP!!!!

First, since you say you have only cut in MTC and that you have no idea how to cut in Silhouette, have you INSTALLED the Silhouette Studio software that came with your machine? Opened that software and had it find your cutter? If not, you may need to do so as there may be drivers and such that are installed to your computer that are needed to communicate with the Cameo.

Also, you don't say what operating system software you are running on your computer. Is it windows 7? Windows 7 can cause problems in installing drivers and working with usb ports I gather so that could also be causing you some problems.

Go Vols!
    image Visit my Blog: http://melaniescrafting.blogspot.com/
    Cutting with 18" Cougar, Silhouette SD & Cameo and yes, I still have one of those "other" machines too!
This discussion has been closed.