NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cameo Print and cut troubles....RESOLVED... finally ;)

JaneDough99_TanyaJaneDough99_Tanya Posts: 1,588Member
edited September 2012 in Resolved Issues
I am trying to print and cut with my new cameo...I have tried with the silhouette designer edition and it is a bit off and tried to use the calibration but it doesnt even print the page properly, there are no green squares on the print etc :(
when I try to do p&c with mtc it keeps saying it cant read registration marks...I dont know what else to do, can't seem to get it going...it cuts beautifully but I want p&c badly.
tia for any help
Post edited by JaneDough99_Tanya on

Comments

• HelenHelen Posts: 1,787Member
    Have a look at this thread, this may be your problem. Landscape/portrait settings.

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/20748/silhouette-will-not-print-and-cut-with-mtc-resolved-user-error
    Hellie0h-Central Ohio Gallery # 9914
    What Will YOU Do, With Your One And Only Life
  • JaneDough99_TanyaJaneDough99_Tanya Posts: 1,588Member
    I tried almost everything imaginable from ideas on here and the net...it's prob something so simple that I am missing in a setting but it's frustrating.
    I noticed that the registration marks on most things are on edge of paper but mine print around the actual object, is that normal???
    I am frustrated, I really want this to work on mtc OR sil software but neither one will read the marks :(

Marks need to be really dark, and I have had on occasion, place a lamp over my SD for extra light so the sil could "see" the marks. I hope you get this resolved soon.
    oh my goodness! ty ty ty Helen...that was my problem...I held a light over the machine and YIPEEEEEE it registered the marks for me! guess it's too dark in here...but beyond grateful that it works now :D

• daffeydildaffeydil Posts: 2,823Member
    @JaneDough99_Tanya, make sure when you are using MTC that you don't have the silhouette software open.
    Sharon
    Thanks i did know that lol 1st time i tried to cut it wouldn't let me cut with both open...but it wasn't open now... I got it going for silhouette but wanted to just use mtc and my LD graphics easier

I just happened to notice in mtc that the registration marks are flashing when you go to the cut option, is this supposed to be like that??

Yes, they flash. If you have a single object on your mat, the reg. marks are close to that image. If you have multiple images to cut then the marks are closer to the edge. So happy you got that going. :)
    @Helen I got it for the silhouette software but still wont work for mtc :(
    when I do a test cut for the 6" square on mtc where should the square be cut? it seems like it is trying to find the marks about an inch higher than they are etc..I am trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong in settings on machine or the printer etc. thx for your help

Make sure the reg marks are not in the margin area. (I don't have the cameo set up yet to try a test cut myself, all the recent stuff I bought are stacked in boxes). You might want to temporarily change to the silhouette mat instead of the 12x12 to see where that 6" square is on mat, if reg. marks are withing the cutting area then that is not the problem. Also, make sure that the virtual mat is set for landscape.

In the MTC File Options Tab, make sure your Printer is set for landscape if you are doing a PNC on this 6" square, by choosing print setup, your printer options pop up, if not set to landscape, tic the landscape dot. Now, do a print preview, your white paper will be in landscape position and your reg marks will be around the 6" box. When I send to my printer, I double check again to see if my printer is set for landscape.

When ready to cut project with the silhouette, if doing PNC option, make sure under cut type that Print and Cut is checked. Under Settings, carrier mat and blade offset is ticked. If test cutting the 6" square without printing it first, tick the WYSIWYG.

I am terrible at explaining directions, I hope this helps. @nelda is a wiz at explaining stuff, if this does not solve your problem maybe bring this to her attention. Best of luck, kiddo!!
    I tried all the suggestions above, everything at landscape and put the image in the middle of page lol nowhere near the cut zones etc and still no luck... maybe nelda or someone will have another idea ... I have tried pretty much every setting I could think of and it still seems to look at the top of the mat etc

• ruthgillis_ID2936ruthgillis_ID2936 Posts: 5,788Member
    @Jin may have a good tutorial too - she uses the Cameo almost exclusively now ... her blog is underthecherrytree
    Thanks..I did check that first...seems everything everyone suggests still doesn't seem to work...I am about to give up trying pnc with mtc :( It works with silhouette...but really would like to get it going with mtc

What MTC Drivers have you downloaded?
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    I had to keep mine set to landscape - both the printer and MTC in order for it to work consistently. Have you tried this? Also be sure that the mat setting is checked, that will mess it up as well.

I know Julie was able to get it to work on portrait (printer and MTC) but I do not get consistent results with that setting, so I went back to landscape for both.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • BerryoneBerryone Posts: 5,094Member
    edited September 2012
    I May Be Wrong, But Didn't @Andy Post another Set Of Reg Marks For The Silhouette?
    Nelda and User ID #16548 Posted Some In The Gallery And I Think There Was A Recent Webinar Done On That Also .

July 17 Webinar
    Post edited by Berryone on
    I downloaded the cameo driver, latest one on mtc site...and the mat and printer are both on landscape...its so strange it works with studio but not mtc to read the marks

@JaneDough99_Tanya, if this hasn't been a day of frustration!! 4 hours to get the laser printer going....now the Cameo, headache number 2. I am having the same problem as you with the PNC. Never had ANY problem with the Silhouette SD. Going tutorial hunting to see what in the heck is going on. Will let you know if I find the answer, sigh.
    ive exhausted days of frustrations trying to find the right answer lol and no luck...i may just have to give up and learn the dang silhouette software for print and cut but i love my mtc :( so I wanna use it @-)

• AnnAnn Posts: 1,832Administrator
    Can you send me an email and include a screen shot of the image on your mat and your plug-in settings (while the image is still on your mat)?
    Support@make-the-cut.com
    I can't get to it tonight but will try to do that tomorrow...thanks @ann for the speedy response. sure hope i can figure it out i HAVE to use mtc ;)

Well I couldn't sleep lol so I sent that email to support. You guys are so wonderful.
    I LOVE my MTC and would be lost without it and well this wonderful forum of amazing people and founders like you guys =D>

@JaneDough99_Tanya, finally...after hours of standing on my head, reading others problems with Cameo PNC I finally got it to read the registration marks. Even though Silhouette Studio could read the marks with my lighting, MTC must be stubborn and want more light...that is the only thing I can think of that was stopping it from reading the marks.

I am including a screenshot of what my print options were. I printed regular copy paper 8.5 x 11 in landscape, placed the printed image aligned with the right side of the mat, just like is shown on the virtual mat. I used the typical 12x12 mat and like if I remember right Mervele said to move the image at least in one inch, which I did after many failures...so that may have been a problem as well. Anyhow, for right now I do have spot on PNC in MTC Yea!

Hope you get yours going very soon.
    snipofregistinmtc.PNG
    534 x 272 - 103K
This discussion has been closed.