We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Designer feature challenge with Paper Compulsions 8/3- 8/12, 2012

ChallengeCommitteeChallengeCommittee Member Posts: 49
edited August 2012 in Challenges
What a great challenge we had for our Holly Jolly July event. What a great variety of projects.

DON"T BE CRABBY - more fun to follow!

Don't turn off those cutters because we have a new challenge featuring the talents of Jani Lewis from http://www.papercompulsions.blogspot.com/

One of the things you'll love about Paper Compulsions are the tutorials. Jani takes you through some projects step-by-step to make the whole thing easy! (We're glad she shares her teaching talents with us.)

Let's take a moment to get to know more about this talented lady in our interview with her:

How did you get started with papercrafting and where do you get your inspiration?
I have had a life-long obsession with paper as well as crafting. Becoming a “paper crafter” was just a natural progression. Everything I look at inspires me. I see something and start imagining how to re-create it in paper. It is a compulsion actually. Not only do I enjoy decorating my little corner of the world one piece of paper at a time, I enjoy making tools to help other people create their own paper projects. After all, I think paper crafting OCD is a GOOD thing. LOL

What kind of projects are you really into right now?

My current obsessions include handmade paper flowers and 3D projects. I design and cut all my flower pieces from cardstock. Some are cut from colored cardstock but most of them are cut from heavy white cardstock then inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I add the flowers to cards, boxes, and dimensional paper objects such as my birdhouse boxes.
I taught elementary school for several years. I loved working with kids. I had to quit teaching a few years ago because of physical problems. I miss it sometimes but enjoy spending most of my time crafting.

What did you do before designing files?
I taught elementary school for several years. I loved working with kids. I had to quit teaching a few years ago because of physical problems. I miss it sometimes but enjoy spending most of my time crafting.

Please stop by http://www.papercompulsions.blogspot.com/ to check out her files and tutorials. She'll have you making beautiful flowers like a pro!

Jani has also included assembly instructions for the darling crab files she is sharing for the challenge.

you can download the free crab files at her website. http://papercompulsions.blogspot.com/2012/08/crabby-pals-for-make-cut-challenge.html

Rules-
Make any project of your choice using at least one of the crab files and/or any other Paper Compulsions file you own or purchase. You must use MTC to make your project. You may enter up to twice but each project must be unique. Winner is to receive a Paper Compulsions gift card/coupon.

MTC committee- Trish (ImaCutter), Helen (Helen), Rebecca (Reba1), (Diana (Dianain NM), Linda (lindalou692), and Ann (Ann) Imagine it. Create it. Cut it!
Post edited by ChallengeCommittee on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!