We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Newbie question again :)

mproctormproctor Member Posts: 6
edited July 2012 in Challenges
Hi everyone,
I just purchased MTC about a week ago and just bought my first set of images from Lettering Delights. I didn't realize when I purchased it that it's a graphics file not a SVG. Can I open these and cut them in MTC? I can't figure out how to open them in MTC. Can someone help?
TIA!

Comments

• efghausefghaus Member Posts: 1,078
    welcome and congrats on your MTC purchase. i buy graphics from LD all the time, you can pixel trace the whole image and cut the entire image out or if the image isn't too difficult to work with, you can pixel trace by color.
    Eileen G on the spacecoast Florida Bye Bye Crapcut, Hello Zing. Where have you been all my life?
  • Mary212Mary212 Member Posts: 1,529
    Welcome @mproctor! You will love MTC and this forum. Lots of friendly, talented folks here. Sometimes it is kinda slow in here, but don't give up on us. There are so many wonderful, helpful MTC'ers here, and they are really good at answering questions.

Glad you joined MTC Forum.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,189
    @mproctor - Welcome to MTC!

Only the SVG or "Cut it" files from LD can be opened directly and cut with MTC without any other work needed. As afghans stated however, you can usually pretty easily do a quick "pixel trace" of the graphic images and create a MTC file from those. I think there are even some tutorials around showing how to do that. I'll see if I can find some of them and post back if I do. Plus some of the Webinars I think cover this. It's really no different then doing a "pixel trace" of any image so any tutorial or Webinar you find that covers that would apply.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • mproctormproctor Member Posts: 6
    Thank you so much! Now to figure out how to do a pixel trace... :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!