NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Problem with Sharpie paint glitter pen, Chomas holder, Cameo

WashStateNanaWashStateNana Posts: 56Member
edited May 2012 in Help for Make The Cut
Today was my first tryout of the Chomas holder in my Cameo. I was using a Sharpie water based paint glitter pen. I couldn't fix it so it would draw a line without also drawing a drag mark between lines. I was using the popcicle stick to set the height, but it was confusing because of the up and down play in the blade holder assembly (that was holding the pen holder). I was using a pressure of 10.

Anyone have tips for how to set the height correctly?
Pam in southeastern Washington - cutting with Silhouette Cameo.

Comments

• arncowifearncowife Posts: 91Member
    I don't have a Cameo, but when I had the machine that shall not be named, I had a problem with this particular holder. I had to send it back twice before I got one that worked correctly. It seem that a few of them were "machined" too deep and the user received the drag marks or it just pressed the pen down really hard.

I really don't know if this could be the same problem, but it is a possibility.

Kim
    Kim
    http://kim-paperandlace.blogspot.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/arncowife
  • YorkieMom21YorkieMom21 Posts: 375Member
    Y'all ought to get a "HotPaws" Pen Tool...........they work great and the price can't be beat, not to mention her customer service!!! You can find them here: http://hotpawscreations.blogspot.com/p/shopping.html
    Pam
    Member 2009 Pazzles™ Design Team
    My Blog: http://yorkiemomsblog.blogspot.com/
  • MeFlickMeFlick Posts: 6,600Member
    Today was my first tryout of the Chomas holder in my Cameo. I was using a Sharpie water based paint glitter pen. I couldn't fix it so it would draw a line without also drawing a drag mark between lines. I was using the popcicle stick to set the height, but it was confusing because of the up and down play in the blade holder assembly (that was holding the pen holder). I was using a pressure of 10.

Anyone have tips for how to set the height correctly?
    WashStateNana - sorry I don't have the Chomas holder nor the Cameo. BUT, I did want to say that "popsicle sticks" can vary in their dimensions. Also, Amy is often on the boards and I know she is suppose to have great customer service (many on this board and others use her holders and have for years) so I would suggest that you contact Amy directly and see if she can help you figure out the problem. I have never really seen anyone have this type of problem with her holders before. I have not needed hers because I already had gotten some from someone else in a trade for my machine that will not be named and then I got the Cougar ones when I bought my Cougar. Love those because it comes in 3 parts that allows you to use different types and widths of pencils, pens, markers, etc. Good luck. I am sure Amy will get you sorted out.

Go Vols!
    image Visit my Blog: http://melaniescrafting.blogspot.com/
    Cutting with 18" Cougar, Silhouette SD & Cameo and yes, I still have one of those "other" machines too!
  • Amy_ChomasAmy_Chomas Posts: 1,300Member
    Thanks MeFlick!
    To set the height correctly, it is easiest if you have the mat inserted and let the popcycle stick rest on the mat. I never push down on the blade housing when I am tightening the screw. You just have to be careful. It sounds like the marker is too low in there. I've used those SHarpie paint markers lots of times so I know they work!! Let me know if you need more help! amyc222@yahoo.com

And Kim, I've never had to return a holder for anyone twice, you maybe thinking of another company?
  • CarrieCarrie Posts: 1,109Member
    That's what I did, just like Amy, a popsicle stick, and used a sharpie and a G2 gel pen.
    image+++MTC fan since December 2009+++~~~Own a Silhouette Cameo~~~ ****MTC is the best PROGRAM Ever!!!**** 1-22-14 Bought PCS! ****A fan of Andy the Amazing Designer, and Ann helping him to get started****
  • cajuncajun Posts: 375Member
    I just recieved amys pen and marker tool and I love them both they work like a charm.
  • Amy_ChomasAmy_Chomas Posts: 1,300Member
  • WashStateNanaWashStateNana Posts: 56Member
    Thanks, Amy. I wasn't keying off the mat, so that would explain how I got it too low. I'll try this again the next chance I get and report back here.
    Pam in southeastern Washington - cutting with Silhouette Cameo.
This discussion has been closed.