NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo HELP!---Solved!!!!! Thanks to Ann and Andy!!!

LyricalLettersLyricalLetters Posts: 190Member
edited May 2012 in Resolved Issues
I just got my Cameo this week and was so happy to know that it cuts up to 10 ft. I had a very nice order from someone for a decal for a trailer that was right at about 5 feet long. However, when I went to cut it tonight, it won't cut past about 40". It's in there right and everything looks right on the screen but it won't cut the last half of the image. Do I HAVE to use the studio software for it to cut 10'? I am WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too busy with orders right now to stop and learn a new software so I had intended on just using MTC. I am so disappointed!!! Can anyone help??

Post edited by iggylover on

Comments

• KarenPKarenP Posts: 4,028Member
    I assume you aren't using a mat based on length but is your virtual mat set longer than you need to cut? I just woke up so hope that is right.
    Missouri
  • LyricalLettersLyricalLetters Posts: 190Member
    lol... Yeah, that is right. I am not using an actual mat. I have the virtual mat set about 6 inches longer than my actual decal. It appears that everything is right but for some reason when it gets to about the 40" point it stops cutting. I did one side of his trailer for him (in two sections) but would love to get this fixed before I do the other side so that it can be in one piece. Thanks!
    Is it very detailed? How many nodes? Seems like there were some posts about large jobs causing memory problems and stopping.
    Missouri
    Hmmm..... I'm not sure. It's a VERY simple font. I have not done the boy scout emblem part yet and it's the most complicated part. It was messing up on the word parts. I'm attaching the file so you can look at it and see if I'm doing something wrong. I REALLLLLLLY appreciate your help. I got my Cameo on Thursday and I am so CRAZZZZZZY busy with orders right now that I literally took it out of the box, unplugged my Expression and set it to the side and started cutting again. I really don't have time to read the owner's manual (although I did glance through it with no luck) or do a lot of research on the problem so this is VERY helpful to me. I don't usually do big stuff like this. I do tumblers--TONS and TONS of tumblers so this is a whole new animal for me. lol... Thanks!
    mtc
    mtc
    Bob Schell- Boy Scout Trailer.mtc
    OK... update.... I went and found the post you were talking about and I went back in and copy and pasted just one page into a new file and closed the other file to see if that would help..... NOPE! Still stopped at the same point, about 40 inches of it cut. sighhhhhhh.... back to the drawing board!
  • SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 4,678Administrator
    @LyricalLetters - What settings are you using in the Silhouette plug-in. Can you take a screen shot of that window right before you would hit the "Start" button to start cutting?
    I'm showing my ignorance here. How do I do a screen shot?? I've seen them done, but have no idea how. lol
    I found a post about it.. Here is the screen shot. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this forum?????image
    screen shot-boyscout decal.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 175K
    Anyone else have any ideas? Still won't cut past 40". Not sure if it is a Silhouette thing or a MTC thing. hmmmmmm
    You don't need "see margins" on and you have some empty layers you could delete. PNC doesn't like empty layers but this isn't PNC. Have you tried making your mat longer to see if it helps? I doubt any of that fixes your problem but...

I will try something in a bit.
    Missouri
    Oh, yeah! Sorry! The empty layers didn't change anything because they weren't there on the first cut I did and it still did the same thing. I forgot to delete them after I had to recut the last word that it cut off.

Where is "see margins" at. I'm not seeing it, but I know I just don't know where to look. lol.... Thanks so much for the help. I still have another section to cut. Thankfully this is for a friend of ours and he's willing to be my guinea pig!! I am waiting for another thing to try before I cut the last section to see if it works.
  • sandyhsandyh Posts: 617Member
    @LyricalLetters I had a thought that you might want to check your setting on the Cameo LCD screen and make sure it is set NOT to use the carrier. It might make a difference. Not sure though as I have never cut something that long. You can turn off the margins on your virtual mat in MTC under the Mat configuration box

Sandyimage
    mat margins.JPG
    365 x 351 - 33K
    Cutting with Zing, Cameo and Sizzix Eclips 2.
    http://sandysartspace.blogspot.com

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!!
    Thanks! I just looked and it wasn't checked, so no problem there. I'm still puzzled.....
    Any other ideas??? Am I gonna have to use the software that came with my Cameo? Wonder if that will make a difference?
  • MeFlickMeFlick Posts: 6,878Member
    Thanks! I just looked and it wasn't checked, so no problem there. I'm still puzzled.....
    . . .
    It was checked (the show margins box) in the screen capture that you posted above which is why Karen suggested you might turn those off. Sorry, no cameo so no help on your ?!

Go Vols!
    image Visit my Blog: http://melaniescrafting.blogspot.com/
    Cutting with 18" Cougar, Silhouette SD & Cameo and yes, I still have one of those "other" machines too!
    Sorry, I was not clear on that. I meant that the "Using Carrier Mat" wasn't checked. Show Margins was checked, but I have unchecked it and it still won't cut past 40". Didn't mean to confuse anyone. lol :)
    . . .

It was checked (the show margins box) in the screen capture that you posted above which is why Karen suggested you might turn those off. Sorry, no cameo so no help on your ?!

I just wanted to update this for anyone who comes after me trying to figure out the same problem cuz SURELY I'm not the ONLY one on here who cuts stuff longer than 40"... lol...

After several emails with the Silhouette customer service dept and several attempts at trying different suggestions I received on here and another forum that I'm on, I finally decided to ask Ann and Andy through the MTC site. Let me just say, they are AWESOME and I do wish I had done that to start with but I was thinking it was a problem with the Cameo. Apparently the Silhouette SD only cut to 40" and Andy didn't know the Cameo would cut to 10 feet, so when he created the Cameo plug in, he used the same settings for it which made it only cut to 40". Problem solved! He is now working on a fix for the plug in and hopefully once I get that on my computer, my troubles will be over.

So, if anyone else is having this problem-it's not your machine. Just hold out for a little while longer and the issue will be solved. Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Ann and Andy for all of your help! I greatly appreciate it!
    Guess that shows how many if us needed or used that feature (lol). Glad the mystery has been resolved.
    Missouri
    Guess that shows how many if us needed or used that feature (lol). Glad the mystery has been resolved.
    Yeah! I guess so! lol..... I'm feeling all alone out here :( But maybe this can help the next person who decides to tackle such a project! It was quite the project and now I have another one! :)
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,832Administrator
    Did you get my email? Let me know how it goes!
  • wdwannabewdwannabe Posts: 207Member
    Wow! This is what customer service is all about! Way to go! I for one, don't see that I would ever use this feature, but glad to know if I did, I would have the support that I need!
    Don't know how I ever used my c...t personal without my MTC! Oh, wait, I didn't.....

Now a PROUD new Cameo user!!
    Did you get my email? Let me know how it goes!
    I did get it and can't wait to try it on my project, but I have to order the vinyl first. I don't have enough HTV to cut out what I need to make. I will let you know as soon as I do it! I can't say thank you enough for your help!!! You guys are just plain awesome! :)

Let me know how it works! :)
  • DoctahDIVAHDoctahDIVAH Posts: 108Member
    I would love to know what the fix is as well. Is it something that will be available so we can update the plug-in if necessary? Thanks
    email me: clickncut@tds.net
    SHOP AT MY BLOG: Click It 'n' Cut! Click Blade Holders at http://clickbladeholders.blogspot.com/
    Proud owner of the Cameo Silhouette - C√ČLESTINE (because her performance is heavenly!)

Empress Etoile Eagle rules the RPS craft room!

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're not being stalked!"
    It will be a plug-in update. We're just testing it before we put it out into the world :)
    It will be a plug-in update. We're just testing it before we put it out into the world :)
    YEP! She is waiting on me!!! I'm her guinea pig.... uh..... beta tester??????? I may just have to try it out on some other vinyl first so that it can be released to the world sooner! Might try that tomorrow.

• chaniilovechaniilove Posts: 419Member
    I am so glad I checked the forum...I was having this same problem. Is the update available yet? I've got some banner projects coming up and it would be very helpful to be able to cut all in one :D I really don't want to have to learn to use the silhouette studio for it, I can't get their trace down pat and mtc is so much easier!
    Email me - support@make-the-cut.com - and I will send you a link to download it.
    Ann!!!!! It works!!!!!! I finally got around to testing it tonight! Yes, it took me forever and I apologize. But tonight I cut to 59" with no problem at all. Thanks so much for getting it to me and for all your help!
    sorry for the new thread! and thanks for your quick response @Ann ...emailing you now
    @Ann thanks for the plugin, cutting a 70 inch sheet right now, yay! it started at the far end so I know it's working this time. w00t!
  • MaxineMaxine Posts: 4,002Member
    Im excited about this too ! We have an order coming up that would have been a problem thanks chaniilove and lyrical letters for having it first and getting it fixed. Will keep an eye open for the plugin
    Im happiest when Im working
    Glad it's working!! @Maxine I'll send it to you if it doesn't get posted in time.
  • MaxineMaxine Posts: 4,002Member
    @ann Thanks! its not until the end of July . And just how cool is it that we have the type of support with this software that we do. Thanks again. :)
    Im happiest when Im working
  • JaneDough99_TanyaJaneDough99_Tanya Posts: 1,602Member
    @Ann is the plugin you sent them the one that is currently posted for download on the make-the-cut site? ...I am having issues with print n cut and the calibration being off...just wondered if that was fixed in the plugin or if mine is outdated etc t.i.a. :)
    edited September 2012
    This was a fix for the length limitation. The fixed version is the plug-in posted on our download page now. What problems are you having?

Edit: Found your original post and responded there.
    Post edited by Ann on
This discussion has been closed.