NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Using transfer tape as a mat

cleversomedaycleversomeday Posts: 1,169Member
edited January 2012 in Tips and Tricks
I haven't been happy with the Silhouette mats in my SD so I decided to try using transfer tape (R-Tape Clear Choice) instead. I have an 8-1/2 inch roll of tape so it fits 8-1/2 x 11 paper and I just trim the leading edge flush.
So far I am getting good results. I can cut through card stock cleanly without cutting through the tape. I can get the registration marks to read automatically. I can get the cut off of the tape without it curling. I can keep reloading the paper/tape combo until all of the paper is cut and I can reuse the tape at least once, maybe more. I can prepare as many pages as I want ahead of time and have them ready to load back to back. I'm thinking my tape mats would be really useful for some other things, too, like cutting from small scraps and cutting extra long paper.
If you have some of this tape you might want to give it a try and see if this will work with your cutter.image
tapematc.jpg
640 x 480 - 53K
Post edited by cleversomeday on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.