NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

My computer can't connect to my Cricut

shaundashaunda Posts: 2Member
edited January 2012 in Help for Make The Cut
I have a cricut expressions 2 and I can not for the life of me get my computer to connect. When I plug in my USB my computer automatically tries to install it saying, "Found new hardware". Then I get the error "The hardware was not installed because the computer can not find the necessary software." What do I do?!?!?!?! Please help :(

Comments

• BerryoneBerryone Posts: 4,884Member
    edited January 2012
    Expression 2 Is Not Compatable With MTC Software. Did You Install The Cd That Came With The Machine?
    Post edited by Berryone on
  • SBryanWSBryanW Posts: 4,410Administrator
    To further Dave's statement, the Expression 2 was never compatible with MTC (unlike the original expression which is no longer compatible with MTC) or other third party software - or, to my knowledge, even with pc's own design studio software.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Posts: 6,222Member
    Shaunda - welcome to the MTC forum. As Dave (Berryone) and SBryanW said MTC will not work with the Expression 2 nor will it work with the Imagine or the Cricut Mini. You don't say if that is what you are trying to do or not. If so, then you see it won't work. However, if that's not what you were trying to do then I would suggest that you contact PCs support or go to their forum for the best help with getting your computer to recognize and talk with that machine.

If you are wanting to work with MTC, then you will need to get a different machine. There are a large number of other cutters from a variety of sources that will. Good luck.
    Go Vols!
    image Visit my Blog: http://melaniescrafting.blogspot.com/
    Cutting with 18" Cougar, Silhouette SD & Cameo and yes, I still have one of those "other" machines too!
  • shaundashaunda Posts: 2Member
    I know it is not compatible, I simply can't get the Cricut machine to communicate with my PC. I didn't know if anyone here would be able to help or not, but I am desperate :( Do you know where I can find the help on setting it up. My machine did not come with an installation cd. Was is supposed to?
  • BerryoneBerryone Posts: 4,884Member
    edited January 2012
    @shaunda

Try Here:
    http://www.cricut.com/support/contact.aspx

I Hope They Can Help You, Let Us Know and Good Luck.
    Post edited by Berryone on
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    I simply can't get the Cricut machine to communicate with my PC. I didn't know if anyone here would be able to help or not, but I am desperate....Was is supposed to?
    If you read Bryan's reply the answer is no. None of the later cutting machines were ever intended to be connected to a computer, they are not even compatible with PC's own software.

But you can check about the installation CD on the cricut board. You are more likely to get a response there from the forum members than from customer service. Good luck with their customer service - expect a long phone wait and then questionable response. Their service is not always very knowledgeable or helpful. Just one of the (many) reasons I no longer buy their products.

In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Posts: 6,222Member
    I know it is not compatible, I simply can't get the Cricut machine to communicate with my PC. I didn't know if anyone here would be able to help or not, but I am desperate :( Do you know where I can find the help on setting it up. My machine did not come with an installation cd. Was is supposed to?
    So, as I understand it, you are not trying to get MTC to work with your Expression 2, as you know its not compatible - you were just looking for someone to help you get the Expression 2 to work with your computer - is that right? If so, what are you hoping to do with it and your computer?

The only reason you would need it to work with your computer that I am aware of is to have it work with their new online Cricut Craftroom. I don't believe it is compatible with their old Design Studio software that ran on a computer so you would only be able to use the Craftroom via your computer. Nor is it compatible with any 3rd party software. So, your best bet for help would be the Cricut forums or their support (I assume they are closed tomorrow for MLK day but not sure). I was not impressed with the Craftroom software when I tried it while it was in Beta so I never attempted to get it to work with my Cricut. I do not have an Expression 2 either. However, it seems i recall that you have to download the Craftroom information to your computer and then somehow Sync that with your machine to get them to talk. Was never worth my time and effort to do since I had MTC and seldom if ever use the cartridges I have plus I was not going to create something on their online site and let them lay claim to it as their own. Good luck. I am sure someone on their forums would be your best bet for help.

Go Vols!
    image Visit my Blog: http://melaniescrafting.blogspot.com/
    Cutting with 18" Cougar, Silhouette SD & Cameo and yes, I still have one of those "other" machines too!
  • AnikasattarAnikasattar Posts: 4Member
    edited February 2012
    CCR Build 132 is now balanced with all E2 models.
    Post edited by Anikasattar on
    one of the best Cricut Accessories
This discussion has been closed.