NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

Holy Moly: Make The Cut! 4.1.0, Zing Plug-In 1.1.0, Silhouette Plug-In 2.0.1, Mac version?

AndyAndy Posts: 4,449Administrator
edited December 2011 in MTC Updates
Been a tad busy here!

Mac Version is Coming Soon...

As most of you know I have been working on getting MTC to work on a Mac. The Mac version will initially work with the Zing... once us Zing Mac people work out the bugs, we will add in support for all the other COM cutters (KNK Maxx/Groove-E, Black Cat, USCutters MH/Laser, etc)... This initial Mac version won't work for Silhouette, Pazzles or eCraft for a bit of time because they use specialty drivers that don't conform to the norm -- we will continue to work on it though.

My Mac arrived today, so this is what we will be working on next. I have it working on Ann's mac, but now I need to finish it completely, which will take place on my new Mac. I have no idea how long this will take to get it to BETA, but, not too much longer.

New Software Versions/Upgrades

(All free, of course!)

Make The Cut 4.1.0

The main part of this update is compatibility with Mac. But, we added in other features to make it worth your while to upgrade.

Open Path Font Types: Otherwise known as OPF fonts, are a new type of font that allows for open paths in each glyph. These aren't popular mainly because Windows and Mac can't handle open paths in fonts, but, we aren't using these for printwork, we are using them for engraving, rhinestones, pen-drawing, etc with our cutters.

Since this is a new font type, there aren't many available. But, a little bird told me that Lettering Delights has some in the works. Until that happens, here are 5 you can play with:

Click here to download 5 OpenPath Type fonts.

These fonts are distributed freely by Feature Cam, and have been converted to OPF type for MTC.

These fonts can't be installed to your Windows or Mac system, obviously because open-path fonts do not work on those operating system, so, we introduced a new feature to MTC:

Permanent Font Install: When adding a font to MTC to the "Font/Text" tap, there is a new option:
If you check this option when importing a font, it will always be inside MTC every time you start it. These fonts will show up in your font list in the color green. If you want to remove it from the list, select it and hit the "Delete" key, or right-click on it.

Cancel Option when Breaking, Layering, Splitting, etc: Finally -- something I have wanted in MTC for months -- and I know a lot of you wanted it there too. If you break a super complicated shape, it sometimes can take a long time, and maybe you didn't want to do it. Well, now you can cancel the action:

Show Registration Marks On Virtual Mat: You can now view the registration marks on the virtual mat. This is great for being able to visualize how they will print without having to go to print preview. You can toggle this option from the File>>Print Options dialog:
Optimization and Bug fixes: Too many to list, but, this version of MTC should run a lot smoother. Your projects should cut better.

Make The Cut! Version 4.1.0: Download

Zing Plug-In 1.1.0

Presets:Once you get the plug-in all set up to cut some type of material, you can now save how it's set up. Just click on the settings button on the upper right:

To remove a preset, just open the same menu, find the preset and right-click on it.

Optimization and Bug fixes: Too many to list, but, this version of the Zing Plug-In should run a lot smoother. Your projects should cut better.

Zing Plug-In 1.1.0: Download

Silhouette Plug-In 2.0.1

Cameo™ Compatibility: 'nuff said.
UPDATED:: Fixed a bug where it wouldn't cut the whole 12 inches in height.

PLEASE NOTE: You need version 4.1.0 of Make The Cut (above) for this plug-in to work properly with Print-And-Cut.

Silhouette Plug-In 2.0.1: Download

And, more to come

We are constantly working on MTC -- so keep checking back. We have some great ideas in store for you!

You all rock and have a great day,
The MTC Team!

mtc_font_permanent.PNG
344 x 197 - 13K
mtc_cancel_break.PNG
382 x 103 - 16K
mtc_regmarks_mat.PNG
234 x 84 - 6K
mtc_zing_presets.png
426 x 187 - 13K
Post edited by Andy on
I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.

Comments

• Jeri_MJeri_M Posts: 358Member
    WOW! Awesome updates and plug ins! I don't use a MAC but I know everyone that does will be excited to hear the news. Thanks to everyone at MTC for all you do!! It may not be said enough, but I appreciate everything yall do!!
    ~Jeri~
    Personal Blog http://craftyjsplace.blogspot.com

Owner of a Pazzles & Silhouette Cameo, Vagabond and hopefully one day the Zing!
    "Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman's got to hold on to." — Stephen King (Dolores Claiborne)
  • KarenPKarenP Posts: 4,028Member
    So exciting. Thank you so much Andy.
    Missouri
  • AdonijahAdonijah Posts: 1,575Member
    You are one amazing family!!
  • KayHKayH Posts: 287Member
    Thank you, Andy! You made up my mind for me. :)
  • mustluvowlsmustluvowls Posts: 186Member
    Incredible. I don't know how you do it. Many many thanks!
  • ElleElle Posts: 262Member
    Oh my....I LOVE MTC!!! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!
  • PaperthreadsPaperthreads Posts: 748Member
    This is wonderful! I know my MAC customers will be thrilled to finally be able to use MTC directly on their MAC's!

Thanks Andy!
    www.paperthreadsblog.com
    Pre-Order the Silhouette Portrait Today!

If there are typing errors, blame it on my fat fingers on my mobile device....some days they seem fatter then others!
  • DukeFanDukeFan Posts: 1,575Member
    So Glad I didn't buy the Sil Designer software version.....I held out bc I had total faith in you, Andy!

Thank you so much!!!!

I'm giddy now that I can cut MTC to my Zing AND my Cameo.
  • cajuncajun Posts: 375Member
    WOW that was quick thank you so much for this update. You two are amazing!!!!!
  • KarenPKarenP Posts: 4,028Member
    @Ann do you get to play with the Cameo now?
    Missouri
  • PhyllisPhyllis Posts: 128Member
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, there is a Santa Claus. How wonderful Andy. I am a Mac user and to know its really close makes chills run down my spine. LOL, happy chills. And to get the Cameo plug in too, well doing the happy dance right now. Thank you for all your wonderful work.
    Post edited by Phyllis on
    Silhouette SD and Cameo
    Mac OS 10
    Southwest Ohio
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/OBannonCreekCrafts
  • DianaRDianaR Posts: 43Member
    Sexmilliaquingentsexagintillion Thanks!
  • dpmeydpmey Posts: 36Member
    As a Mac user I can hardly wait. What a great Christmas present. You rock!
  • hwganghwgang Posts: 2,337Member
    I dunno what DianaR said, but it seems vaguely inappropriate. =))

Moving on, you are one amazing couple! Can't wait to see what your offspring bring to you in, oh, 15-20 years from now. :D

This is an amazing accomplishment. I'm not a Mac user nor a Cameo owner, but I'm blown away.
    Lynne
    Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly

In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!
  • AngielAngiel Posts: 3Member
    Awesome!! Thanks so much!!
  • milliejsmilliejs Posts: 172Member
    Thank you so much for all of your work and for taking us seriously...
    Millie Speck
    Zing/KNK Dealer
    A Speck of Charm & Farm
    Love cutting up
  • debzdebz Posts: 3,304Member
    You rule. That is all.
    Deb
    http://krapikreate.wordpress.com/
    Cutting with 24" KNK Maxx, Silhouette SD, Expression, Cameo, and Zing
    Team KNK Designer
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Posts: 1,511Member
    Andy - question - should Silhouette SD users download and install the version 2 plug-in, even though it is targeted for the cameo? Will this 2d version also work for the SD??

Thanks.

Pat
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
  • lisa_anderson771lisa_anderson771 Posts: 323Member
    Thank you so much!!!!! I am MAC lover and the only thing I used windows for was MTC!

You and your family are amazing for taking the time to do this.

PS thanks for the Cameo plug in also, I have my zing and love it but also have a Cameo for all I had invested in my Silhouette designs.

Thanks again for all of your work and generosity in sharing with us.
  • pswamorrispswamorris Posts: 31Member
    thank you so much for your wonderful talent...and thanks Anne for sharing him with us. I just can't get over the skill and generousity.
  • ScottieScottie Posts: 281Member
    Thank you Andy! You and Anne deserve so much credit for all you do for us. No wonder we love you and MTC so! :)
  • TamTam Posts: 1,521Member
    I just received my Zing yesterday and am going to set it up tonight, so the announcement is just in time. Thanks Andy & Ann....off to play!
    Cheers...Tam
  • BethanyBethany Posts: 684Member
    Woo Hoo! You will love your Mac (come to the dark side, we have cookies) and this version will be one of the best Christmas presents ever.

Thank you!!
  • AndyAndy Posts: 4,449Administrator
    Andy - question - should Silhouette SD users download and install the version 2 plug-in, even though it is targeted for the cameo? Will this 2d version also work for the SD??
    The silhouette plug-in works for both the SD and the Cameo.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 4,449Administrator
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the nice words and am glad you are all happy.
  • Margaret WilburnMargaret Wilburn Posts: 105Member
    Wowee...I will be rearranging my room so my Zing leaves the side of the PC and comes to where it really should be...next to my Mac. I think this means yet another printer on the floor but I keep thinking bending over to get my stuff is the most exercise I get. Thank you so much...Mac people are all grateful!!!!

Margaret
  • Reba1Reba1 Posts: 3,366Member
    @Andy - I am blown away every time you come up with an update. No MAC and no Cameo here, but wow, oh wow! What a great surprise for loyal MTC users that are on MAC or have a Cameo!

I will update at home to 4.10, but I just got our school license updated to 4.0.6 and it takes a lot of hoop jumping to get software installs, so I will wait a while.

i don't think I will ever catch up on all the new features of MTC.

Thank you Ann and Andy for such a wonderful product and the fantastic customer support.
    ...Rebecca - "Zen D Zing" user (N. ILLINOIS)
    Public Flickr album (MTC): http://tinyurl.com/33cgstz Public Flickr album (cakes): http://tinyurl.com/y8d8ztl
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Posts: 2,814Member
    edited December 2011
    Andy - Amazing is all I can say! I can't believe how quickly you got all of this done. I can't wait for Christmas to come so I can order my Zing! (I am going to try and see if "Santa" will let me order early.

Will the MAC version work with the PCCPlugin if you already have it?

I was so surprised I forgot to say THANK YOU!
    Post edited by susan_ID2293 on
  • agcsmomagcsmom Posts: 207Member
    THANK YOU!
  • NonaNona Posts: 6Member
    Thank you Ann and Andy. although i don't know how to use the silhouette cameo yet, i purchased your software not even knowing it wouldn't work with my cameo. TOLD YA, real newbie in the crafting area. lol. as others i had hopes you would make this possible and so i waited and did not purchase the upgrade software to the cameo. THANK YOU!
    AND YES I AM SHOUTING WITH JOY!
    "It's Not Where You Live, But How You Live."

Gcc Expert 24 and Silhouette Cameo

Sheila
  • ssmithssmith Posts: 589Member
    Wow, I can not believe how responsive you are to MTC users. You listen and then do it. Just amazing, I don't know of any other company like yours. No MAC for me but I did order a Cameo last night. THANK YOU!!
    Sheila
    owns a Zing and Cameo
  • bluejeancreationsbluejeancreations Posts: 594Member
    Thanks for the update Andy, I don't have anything but the unmentionalbe... but I will someday soon be a Zing owner, and I am so happy to be part of this MTC family.....
  • HeyscrivHeyscriv Posts: 2Member
    Totally jazzed about the Mac version!! Right now am waiting for my Cameo to arrive. Thank you so much for all your hard work!
    ^:)^
  • Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Posts: 1,624Member
    Thank you for the Cameo plug in. I just sent in a donation but haven't downloaded the plugin yet...off to download now!
    Thank you again!
    Rhoda
  • mauimommamauimomma Posts: 45Member
    ANDY! You ROCK!!!!!! I'm a new Zing owner, Mac user, AND new to MTC and cutting. I LOVE MTC. It didn't take long for me to learn the basics of MTC and my only wish was that I could use it with my Mac to cut with my Zing. Contemplated purchasing a pc just for MTC but decided to get parallels and a new iMac to go with my Zing instead...and now you've made my Christmas complete by telling me I may not need parallels! WooHoo! I'm so glad I found this forum and all of the great people here!
    ~Cheryl

MTC newbie with a Zing!
  • daffeydildaffeydil Posts: 2,798Member
    Thanks, Andy and Ann. Once again you have amazed with your software updates....
    Sharon
  • YorkieMom21YorkieMom21 Posts: 352Member
    Thank you very much Andy!!!

I also think we need to say a very special thanks to Sue Reynolds (aka HotPaws), who provided Andy with a Cameo to help him write the Cameo Plug-In!!!!! Thank you Sue!!!
    Pam
    Member 2009 Pazzles™ Design Team
    My Blog: http://yorkiemomsblog.blogspot.com/
  • PhyllisPhyllis Posts: 128Member
    Yes, I agree, a big Thanks to Sue also, she certainly made a generous donation.
    Silhouette SD and Cameo
    Mac OS 10
    Southwest Ohio
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/OBannonCreekCrafts
  • KwiltKwilt Posts: 1,347Member
    edited December 2011
    You are just AMAZING! =D> =D> I sure love my MTC!!! :x
    Post edited by Kwilt on
    Proud MTC Member Since: 12/25/2009
    LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ LOVE MY 15" KNK MAXX!!!!
  • rose481rose481 Posts: 242Member
    Thanks so much Andy for the plug-in! I sure never expected it this soon! And a big thank you to Sue as well! I made a donation and hope others will as well!
  • ruthgillis_ID2936ruthgillis_ID2936 Posts: 5,768Member
    @Andy and @Ann you guys are ROCK STARS!! I do not have a Cameo or a Mac... but you again go ABOVE and BEYOND for us your customers.. I would never be able to do all you do, with such generosity, attention to detail, with such class and grace. I am in awe. You both are a GIFT to all of us!! Thank you for bring who you are and for all you do and for all you give DAILY to all of us!!
  • craftydayscraftydays Posts: 26Member
    Thank-you Ann and Andy! We all appreciate the hard work that you have put into this. Thank-you, Thank-you , Thank -you!!!!!!!
  • PaperGrandmaPaperGrandma Posts: 261Member
    OMG! So awesome, don't know what else to say except a humble Thank you!
    DeAnna
  • lynnscrapslynnscraps Posts: 639Member
    So totally awesome. Many, many thanks for all the work you do!
  • TammyJTammyJ Posts: 323Member
    Boy u sure have been busy. Thank u for taking time to make the plug in's and for upgrading the software. It is nice to see someone stick by their word for a change. I appreciate your time for I know it is precious. Merry Christmas to you, Ann and the boys.
  • TammyJTammyJ Posts: 323Member
    Thank u Sue. Such a generous gift you have provided Andy and his family with. May God richly bless you.
  • knittingfinnknittingfinn Posts: 3Member
    Thank you sooo much for the Cameo plugin! I am so used to MTC and this will allow me to craft my little heart out! You two are fabulous! Can't believe how you respond to customer requests. I am telling everyone how great MTC is and they should buy it. I
  • Yeah, what they said!
    I'm already set with a Zing and PC ...got my Zing yesterday and forgot to eat... it must be a Zing diet? Thanks so much!
    Cutting with a ZING !
    My Zing says, "Yes Master, Where? What force? How fast?"
    Zippidy do dah ZING
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    Thank you! Thank you!! Great work, don't have a Cameo yet but now I am wishing...!!!

And for those who have a hard time finding the donate link, here it is! We can all make this as great a Christmas for Ann, Andy, Jonas, and Eli as he had made it for us! Thanks again.
    http://www.make-the-cut.com/donate.aspx
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Posts: 5,327Member
    A&A, what great news for Mac users and Cameo owners...thanks for the updates and the new goodies...very clever to load fonts in MTC itself. You've outdone yourself, Andy.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.