NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

CRICUT FIRMWARE UPDATE

missysmummissysmum Posts: 5Member
edited December 2011 in Help for Make The Cut
Hi I have just bought a new expression machine as my bug broke and I have an older version of MTC with which I can cut out shapes on my new cricut.My question is if I upgrade my firmware which is V2.35 on my machine to the latest firmware will it prevent me from using MTC.
Thanks Jackie.

Comments

• kmmhugkmmhug Posts: 761Member
    If your firmware is 2.35 it will work on MTC, if you go different than that, it might not.
    Loving my Cougar and Cameo!
  • hwganghwgang Posts: 2,340Member
    I don't think there's anything higher than that. Some machines come with 2.35 and using Design Studio only nets you 2.34, but it must be (last I knew) one of those two versions of the firmware to work with MTC. I just updated a Cake model that arrived with 2.31
    Lynne
    Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly

In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!
  • PlumTuckeredPlumTuckered Posts: 5Member
    I just got a cake machine myself. I have the trial version of design studio on my system. Can you please tell me how to update my cake firmware so I can use it as an expression with MTC. Thanks so much!
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    I just got a cake machine myself. I have the trial version of design studio on my system. Can you please tell me how to update my cake firmware so I can use it as an expression with MTC. Thanks so much!
    Just use CDS to update the firmware, be sure to follow their instructions to a T and expect to have to do it several times.

In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    Open Design Studio, wait for it to load..., choose the "Continue Using Trial Mode" option (bottom right of screen--if you don't see it, adjust your screen settings on Windows), then choose the "Help" tab, and choose "Update Cricut Firmware". Read ALL the instructions and follow them...especially the part about holding down the power button until it beeps at you. You may or may not need to repeat the steps to get it updated all the way.

Good luck!

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

• MeFlickMeFlick Posts: 6,224Member
    If your firmware is 2.35 it will work on MTC, if you go different than that, it might not.
    Right now - higher versions of firmware then 2.35 do exist and will still work with MTC.
    I don't think there's anything higher than that. Some machines come with 2.35 and using Design Studio only nets you 2.34, but it must be (last I knew) one of those two versions of the firmware to work with MTC. I just updated a Cake model that arrived with 2.31
    If you use the Cricut Craftroom free online software, it will update your firmware up past 2.35 (but I forget what version number it gives you sorry!) I haven't done it as I don't plan to use the Craftroom software. However, several others have including Julie of MTC_Tuts. One thing to know if using the Craftroom software too according to Julie and others, is that you cannot have both Craftroom open at same time as MTC. If it is open and you try to cut with MTC you won't be able to. If you close down Craftroom though you can then cut with MTC (according to info. Julie and others have posted here!)

Go Vols!
    image Visit my Blog: http://melaniescrafting.blogspot.com/
    Cutting with 18" Cougar, Silhouette SD & Cameo and yes, I still have one of those "other" machines too!
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    Just be aware that the last version of MTC that worked with the Cricut (v3.2.1 prior to March 16, 2011) was designed to work with these Cricut firmware numbers:

Cricut Personal Cutter 1.34
    Cricut Expression 2.34 (or 2.35 on a colored E --DON'T update it!)
    Cricut Create 3.4

While some people have successfully updated higher and have it still work, there can't be ANY guarantees that it won't cause problems.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

This discussion has been closed.