NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

A question for Cameo owners...

DukeFanDukeFan Posts: 1,575Member
edited October 2011 in General
How is the blade holder?

Does it have the different caps like the Sil SD, or is it a twistable adjustment like the Gazelle?

Also, will it work with a click adjustable holder like the one you can get for the Gazelle?

I don't like having to manually adjust the blade, so that's a deterrent for the Zing for me.

Comments

• KarenPKarenP Posts: 4,028Member
    Go to Amy Chomas blog and she has pictures of the Cameo.
    Missouri
  • elliott37elliott37 Posts: 1,007Member
    How is the blade holder?

Does it have the different caps like the Sil SD, or is it a twistable adjustment like the Gazelle?

Also, will it work with a click adjustable holder like the one you can get for the Gazelle?

I don't like having to manually adjust the blade, so that's a deterrent for the Zing for me.
    The new blade is a ratchet type. It comes as one assembly (you don't replace a blade pin). It goes from level 1 to level 10 and it seems to be a big improvement over the Sil blade.

The click blade holder from thatsscrapinc.com for the Silhouette (the red blade holder) will fit in the Cameo and it works very well - at least for me. Everything that fit the Silhouette SD seems to fit the Cameo (blade assemblies, pen holders...). You can also use Gazelle & Cricut mats with the Cameo.
    In NC cutting with a Cameo & 18" BC Cougar
  • PaperthreadsPaperthreads Posts: 748Member
    How is the blade holder?
    But don't forget, if you don't like adjusting your blade, and prefer a click type, you can use nearly ANY blade holder in the Zing, so you aren't limited to the blade holder that comes with the machine.

www.paperthreadsblog.com
    Pre-Order the Silhouette Portrait Today!

If there are typing errors, blame it on my fat fingers on my mobile device....some days they seem fatter then others!
  • DaniaDania Posts: 65Member
    Good to know thank you for the information.
  • QuicklabsQuicklabs Posts: 558Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks!
    Post edited by Quicklabs on
  • DukeFanDukeFan Posts: 1,575Member
    So when you say it goes from 1-10, does that mean it is a dial adjustment, or is it like the Gazelle where you have to eye it up yourself?
  • elliott37elliott37 Posts: 1,007Member
    It is a dial adjustment. The dial is at the bottome of the blade assembly. It comes with a little device to turn it - kind of like a socket wrence - but there's also one attached to the front of the cameo (for people like me who lose small parts). You do have to take the blade assembly off of the cutter when you adjust it.

The click holder for the Sil SD that's sold by Sherri at thatsscrapinc.com fits the Cameo, too, and has worked well in test cuts I've done. It's the red/pink holder that uses the Roland/generic blades.
    In NC cutting with a Cameo & 18" BC Cougar
  • sandybbsandybb Posts: 6Member
    I just received my click holder for my Silhouette Cameo and cannot, for the life of me, get it fine tuned. The begining cuts are fine and then it drags on my paper. I have tried everything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • KarenPKarenP Posts: 4,028Member
    What machine are you using the Cameo holder in, a Cameo or something else?
    Missouri
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Posts: 2,814Member
    Has anyone found another click holder for the Cameo besides the one from myscraps? Have you tried the Cricut Deep Holder? I am looking to get 3-4 so I can keep them loaded with different blades for different materials, but the ones from myscraps are too expensive to do that with. (I really need to use my supply of Roland blades (about 50) before getting anything else...Can't have my Cameo until Christmas, but I wanted to order the holders now)
  • sandyjsandyj Posts: 628Member
    edited December 2011
    The only drawback I've been reading about the cameo, is apparently paper easily gets up into the blade holder and is difficult to get out and can ruin the holder (stopping the blade from rotating and making it drag), although I don't know if that's a problem with the click holder.

As a machine junkie, I have been fighting the urge to get a cameo, especially now that oh my crafts has them for just over $200 (see Jins blog). But the last thing I want is another goofy blade holder, so it has helped me resist!
    Post edited by sandyj on
    Just MY opinion, your milage will vary.
    Like "Andy" but with an "S"
This discussion has been closed.