NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

New Silhouette Cameo

deseretdesignsdeseretdesigns Posts: 60Member
edited October 2011 in General
I just got the new Silhouette Cameo in. So far I find it works just like my Silhouette SD. I tried to get it to work with MTC, but the MTC program would not recognize it. I did try to select it as a printer, but no luck. iIt comes with a different blade now that can be adjusted for length and will work great for paper, but we will include our blade for gum paste.

Post edited by deseretdesigns on

Comments

• iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    Did you go to the main MTC page and download the plug-in for the machine?

http://www.make-the-cut.com/Download.aspx

Oops... just realized you already have the Sil SD, you're talking about the new Cameo not working...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

• debzdebz Posts: 3,310Member
    I'll bet if Andy had one he could make it work. How do you like it?
    Deb
    http://krapikreate.wordpress.com/
    Cutting with 24" KNK Maxx, Silhouette SD, Expression, Cameo, and Zing
    Team KNK Designer
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Posts: 1,512Member
    Linda - thanks for trying! At least we know....trying playing a little more to see what happens.......

Pat
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
  • agcsmomagcsmom Posts: 207Member
    edited October 2011
    I also wanted to say thank you for trying!

edited for spelling....
    Post edited by agcsmom on
  • cleversomedaycleversomeday Posts: 1,153Member
    Did you already have a Silh SD working with MTC? Maybe you do need a plug-in. Thank you for trying. We appreciate any info you can give us on this machine.
  • deseretdesignsdeseretdesigns Posts: 60Member
    I have been working with the Silhouette SD and Silhouette Cameo all day. The Silhouette Cameo works just like the Silhouette SD. The only real difference is being able to cut a 12" area. I did try to get MTC to work with it, but no luck. I don't know enough about the process to make the Silhouette Cameo be selected as a printer, the way we used to before the Silhouette SD
    was added as a native cutter.
    If you like your Silhouette SD, you will like the new Silhouette Cameo. There is no real new things to learn to use it. We opened the box, took the machine out, loaded the new software and went to work.
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    If you like your Silhouette SD, you will like the new Silhouette Cameo.
    Except it won't work with MTC. That's a big difference. And unfortunate one as well. Thanks you so much for your feedback. Good to know.

In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • K_leeK_lee Posts: 6,415Member
    Yep big difference, maybe Andy can get ahold of one and do his magic........then we will be good to go.........
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
  • Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Posts: 1,624Member
    Linda,
    Did you try opening any MTC created svgs in the designer edition? I know they did an update to both the Silhouette free and designer edition this weekend.
    The Silhouette Cameo video shows that the Cameo uses a different type of reg mark in the upper left corner of the virtual mat, a small solid rectangle. You can see it on the video at about 7:48. You can also see the new blade holder with click setting (it looks like it is still made of plastic) at about 3:27.
    I've said this before, I'm not against anyone making money - clearly - Silhouette America has alot invested in its store and wants users to see the store to make purchases. I've told them that if they want to see big sales of the "designer software" to bundle it with an open driver so that .mtc users can use the machine however they want. I believe it should be illegal to hardware encrypt anything, because once an end user pays good money for a machine, that machine should be open to use to the end user however he or she wants. In fact Apple tried to slam lawsuits against hackers and lost. It is too bad, because the machine is very nice for print & cut. Perhaps after time and they see sales stagnate, they will open the driver. There's no difference between what they are doing now with the cameo and what PC did with the expression, with the difference that they haven't sued Andy and they are not trying to offload very expensive cartridges on users. These are, of course, two pluses. But, the end result is the same, they are trying to control what the user does with the machine by controlling the software the machine recognizes. It will take time for the manufacturers to understand that, but those days are OVER, and the market will respond accordingly - - eventually........
  • GabeGabe Posts: 2,999Moderator
    It will take time for the manufacturers to understand that, but those days are OVER, and the market will respond accordingly - - eventually........
    I don't want to be disagreeable, but...

I started in computers back in the early 80's. At that time, Texas Instruments had an entry level system called the TI 99/4A. It was pretty good for the time, except that every bit of software for it came on proprietary cartridges. When other machines came out that let users load software from tapes and floppy discs, the 99/4A became obsolete and TI got out of the end-user computer biz.

So, that was 30 years ago and the various companies still have not learned the lesson. They believe that the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is a user base that buys proprietary products because they have to. No worries about competition because no one else is allowed to produce software, or whatever, for their system.

You and I know that the only intelligent response to this marketing ploy is to avoid that product and find more user-friendly products to meet our needs. But will the companies who are trying to beat us all into submission with their "only our stuff" mindset ever wake up?

I don't think so. They will go out of business, eventually, but other companies will come along with the same old tired ideas and make our lives harder and more expensive than they need to be.

It is nice to think they will change their ways, but history hasn't borne that out so far.

Cheers,

Gabe

edited October 2011
    >:-)
    ...devil's advocate here... (forgive me) O:)

The Cameo is Silhouette's newest re-designed cutter made specifically to work with their software. That is their right, even if it might lose them some customers who would like the right to choose what software to run with their machine.

...here's the part that might get me jumped on, but it's just an observation, not a complaint, criticism, or in any way meant to be taken badly...

KNK is coming out with the brand new Zing that is also made to run with only one software (to my understanding*** I AM WRONG)... just because that software happens to be MTC (the best program out there for cutting machines IMHO) doesn't mean that the machine that is currently being 'oohed' and 'ahhhed' over doesn't set a very similar limitation.

I'm just saying, it's kind of funny to complain about it on one machine/company, but be OK with it as long as it's 'our' software. ;)

...gonna go hide now... ;)

***edited to correct my misunderstanding. I wan't sure, and Ann gave the correct information lower in this thread:
    I just want to chime in here. Zing is being bundled with MTC, HOWEVER, we have NOT done anything to block other software. So there are actually no similarities here. If some other software company wants to buy the Zing (as we have bought many machines!) they are more than welcome to do so and make their software cut to this machine. I want this to be known BEFORE the rumors start!
    Post edited by iggylover on
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

• PaperthreadsPaperthreads Posts: 748Member
    I believe there is a marked difference between the two.

Yes, the KNK Zing is coming out with one software program to be used on it, but they have stated there are open to other software companies building their software to work with the machine. So they aren't "closing" off the machine to other software.

The reason for distributing with one software is that they had to decide which they felt would meet the customer needs the best and keep the price of the machine in line. They also need to build a user manual for the machine and software that is being distributed with it. They will be doing it based on the software that is being distributed with the machine.

They have not at any time told other software developers that they can't make a program to cut with their machine. They have been very open with saying that other software companies will be welcome to do so once it's released to the general public.

I am also a dealer with Silhouette, and they still haven't been able to say if it would be open to other companies using their driver and open to working with them, if so asked. So far, they have skirted around it, and instead are highlighting their upgrade software. I think that is what everyone is referring to. One is open to other software developers opening their programs to cut to the Zing, the other hasn't stated if they are open for that.
    www.paperthreadsblog.com
    Pre-Order the Silhouette Portrait Today!

If there are typing errors, blame it on my fat fingers on my mobile device....some days they seem fatter then others!
    edited October 2011
    I'm just saying, it's kind of funny to complain about it on one machine/company, but be OK with it as long as it's 'our' software. ;)...gonna go hide now... ;)
    I agree....to a point. Although the Zing does have proprietary software, one difference with MTC is that the format is open and allows the use of other file formats and does not lock us into only one format. All designs can be exported to other formats (like svg). As I understand it, even though you are able to open svgs in Silhouette Studio, I don't think you can save to anything other than studio.

And iggy, I think you need a few more angels to protect you! :-D O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) :-D
    Post edited by nelda on
  • KimKim Posts: 2,465Member
    That really is too bad. The Cameo could have been a really great machine to have as one of our options. Unfortunately, it sounds like they will kick themselves in the rear by limiting the users to using only their software.
    Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews
    http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/

Tigger the Black Cat Cougar 24" - the cat with attitudeTM
    As Yet Un-named Silhouette Cameo
    Hot Stuff the Foil Master
  • elliott37elliott37 Posts: 1,023Member

@Nelda - You can save studio files in svg format and they import into MTC. I've done that with many of the files that I've wanted to cut with my Gazelle. You can also save them in gsd format.

@iggylover - :) You took the words right out of my mouth. Before I got to your comment I logged on because I was going to say the same thing.

@Gabe - OMG, I had a 99/4A. If you used one - do you remember they had their own form of BASIC where commands were preceded by CALL (CALLCHARACTER, CALLCOLOR, etc, etc.) I wrote a program for one to calibrate a clinical chemistry instrument. The section that merely drew a line drawing of the instrument was probably over 600 lines long because I had to define all of the characters.
    Thank you for the "blast from the past" - it gave me a smile.

In NC cutting with a Cameo & 18" BC Cougar
    edited October 2011

@Gabe - OMG, I had a 99/4A. If you used one - do you remember they had their own form of BASIC where commands were preceded by CALL (CALLCHARACTER, CALLCOLOR, etc, etc.) I wrote a program for one to calibrate a clinical chemistry instrument. The section that merely drew a line drawing of the instrument was probably over 600 lines long because I had to define all of the characters.
    Thank you for the "blast from the past" - it gave me a smile.
    Nope, I never owned one. My buddy bought one as they were being discontinued and I liked it enough to try and buy one. But they were heavily discounted and all the stores sold out before I could get one. I do remember the cartridge Basic though. Wrote my first programming lines on a 99/4A. It was a delay loop to slow down a little animated figure so it didn't flash across the screen in 1 second. Little did I know that I would go on to a lifetime career in computers.

Since I couldn't get a TI, I wound up getting a Timex TS1000, then an Atari 800XL and finally a C64. After that it was PC systems exclusively. Did you know that if you had any of those systems, except the C64, you could sell it for big bucks today? Amazing.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled transmission. :-)

Gabe
    Post edited by Gabe on
  • CarmenOCarmenO Posts: 1,109Member
    Elliott37.how do you save a studio file as a svg Do you have to have the pro software? The free version I have won't let me save it in anything but studio.
    Carmen
    Gazelle, Cameo

@Nelda - You can save studio files in svg format and they import into MTC. I've done that with many of the files that I've wanted to cut with my Gazelle. You can also save them in gsd format.
    @elliott37 is this only with the premium software? I tried this with the regular software and while it did save to that file name, "there was problem with the file you tried to import" and it was not use-able.

Carmen - you do have to have the designer edition to save as svg format. When saving it (or saving the selection) you have to type the file name plus the extension.
    @Nelda - yes, with the design edition (not with the regular edition). Because you'd said in your post that "even though you can open svg files in Silhouette Studio" I thought you were referring to the designer edition.
  • KimKim Posts: 2,465Member
    OMG, I think I (or rather DH) had one of those old jalopy computers forever and I finally made him get rid of it. I kept having to pack it and move it everytime we moved somewhere and I got tired of lugging it around. I remember his first word procosser also. Commodore 64 I think. It went in the trash also. And for those that don't remember, the first "laptops" were very heavy and bulky. It had a very little screen and mine was amber.
    Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews
    http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/

Tigger the Black Cat Cougar 24" - the cat with attitudeTM
    As Yet Un-named Silhouette Cameo
    Hot Stuff the Foil Master
  • GardendogGardendog Posts: 281Member
    I got all excited and tried to save my new silhouette designs as svg, but alas, I could only save as Sil studio. I bought some cut out card files since I had $10 in my account and they were $.75 a piece. I don't want to take the time to learn another software program, so I pretty much have to cut it out the way it is. :(
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,832Administrator
    I just want to chime in here. Zing is being bundled with MTC, HOWEVER, we have NOT done anything to block other software. So there are actually no similarities here. If some other software company wants to buy the Zing (as we have bought many machines!) they are more than welcome to do so and make their software cut to this machine. I want this to be known BEFORE the rumors start!
  • lisa_anderson771lisa_anderson771 Posts: 323Member
    Thanks Ann!

For those that are saving the studio files as svg files can you give us the step by step please. I have the designer edition, and it forces me to do both file extensions if I try to type the .svg. I can not open it in mtc with the svg import button.
    Thanks Ann!

I've already corrected my previous post.

I do love how you guys aren't threatened by competition... no one else can come close to your customer service and willingness to improve your product.
    :-D

• GardendogGardendog Posts: 281Member
    I love my MTC and don't want to learn another program. I am not too happy that I can only use the files I have purchased through Silhouette, with their Silhouette software. I am not interested in buying their upgraded version for lots of money, just so I can move my few Sil files to MTC. I have $10 to burn with Sil., when that's gone, I will not buy anything else from them (came with the Silhouette SD).

I like my SD, it's an improvement over the Expression in how it cuts. BUT and that is a big BUT for me, it cannot cut thick card stock, at least mine can't. I also want a bigger surface, I am tired of wasting so much paper every time, having to cut off 3 1/2 inches from the 12 inch paper.

Since the Cameo will not work with MTC, there is NO way I will put my money there. I will wait on the Zing.

Iggy -

I love you but respectfully disagree - because I do believe that when I pay money to own a machine, I have the right to use whatever software I want to control the machine. This is why the government went after MS on the browser issue - they have no right to tell end users which software you're going to use to look at the internet through your computer. It is exactly the same issue. I don't expect SA to provide the software, but to hardware encrypt the machine and close it off so no one else can step in and provide a better link is WRONG. Andy is not doing that with the Zing, which shows what kind of an honorable person he is.

I agree SA must make money, and I certainly have no quibble with that - after all - if they make money they can provide me with products. I would even be willing to pay for the right to have an open driver to the machine as a premium. I think that is fair. But to totally encrypt the machine, giving me no options (except not to buy the machine), is wrong and foolish on their part - because I am willing to pay for the right to have an open driver - and hence - they are losing money by not providing me - the end user - with options. Market penetration with market share is the goal of any company with a product to sell.

While it is true that I could still use .mtc to design - export to .svg and then import into SS (via the "upgrade" designer software), there will still be sizing issues to go over, importing issues, and it is plain inconvenient. I want to design and cut in one place because it will be more accurate and easier that way.

With best warm wishes and hopefully someday SA will wake up -

Pat

Thanks for the love Pat! :)

I did already admit I was wrong in my original post as well as a few posts below Ann's clarification that the Zing is not closed to other software.

I'm always willing to admit it when I inadvertently give out misinformation and to try to clear it up... so once again, I was wrong.

The Zing comes packaged with MTC but is open to any other software that wants to write the code to communicate with it, therefore, my original 'devil's advocate' stance is off-base.

I'm really glad that Iggy brought this up. I didn't know that people were under the impression that the Zing was being limited to working with MTC. I'm happy that we were able to clear the air. I think we are different because we started MTC as a consumer - none of us would have been here if I hadn't been up watching infomercials :) Andy wrote this program so that I could have non- cartridge (cheaper) options. We are always able to look at things from the user standpoint, which helps a great deal.
    And I truly believe that if it weren't for the PC lawsuits I would have never found that there were better machine options out there - in my opinion. So I would like to take this time to thank you Provo Craft. Without you I'd still be using an inferior machine - again - just my opinion. :)
    edited October 2011
    Well said Ann......and I'd like to know is this a for sure with the cameo or speculation....I won one and if it doesn't work with MTC it is going down the road!!!!!!!
    Post edited by K_lee on
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
    And I truly believe that if it weren't for the PC lawsuits I would have never found that there were better machine options out there - in my opinion. So I would like to take this time to thank you Provo Craft. Without you I'd still be using an inferior machine - again - just my opinion. :)
    Yes!! I concur with you. They really showed their colors - and instead of hurting us it actually turned out making things better for us! So glad that you guys are around and offering a quality product. I hope they still feel the bite in the butts hard - and deep, for a long time, lol!

Well siad Ann......and I'd like to know is this a for sure with the cameo or speculation....I won one and if it doesn't work with MTC it is going down the road!!!!!!!
    Linda has one and has not been able to get it to work. (you could always send your to Andy to do if is just a setting or something and not a deliberate means of locking out other software). Linda is not a die-hard MTC user - I know she used MTC when she used the cr***t, but from her reply to me, it sounds like she is using the Silhouette Studio as well (I would imagine that she uses SS more since it does much of what she would probably need).

So I would like to take this time to thank you Provo Craft. Without you I'd still be using an inferior machine - again - just my opinion. :)
    Now that's funny, right there! I'm glad to have the chance to buy a superior machine. Zing me, baby!

Gabe

Nelda, I won't even get it till end of October or Nov...maybe Andy will have one too. Here's hoping, shamelessly saying :">
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
  • lisa_anderson771lisa_anderson771 Posts: 323Member
    Ann I am right there with you! I was ok with the cricut, and didn't purchase any of my other machines until after the lawsuit. So here is my THANK YOU PC! I now have 4 cutting machines and the cricut collects dust because the cutting with that doesn't even compare to the others.
    Speaking of cutting machines, did I read that the Sizzix eclips was going to be compatible with SCAL? Does that mean it will be open or closed to MTC?
  • ChadatKNKChadatKNK Posts: 337Member
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to verify that we definitely didn't lock the Zing. We just wanted to be sure we had an awesome software package that was feature rich, easy to use, and work with us to create an awesome bundle. Andy has been awesome to work with, and really had a lot of input on the Zing.

Vice President - Accugraphic Sales, Inc.
    Need support for your KNK product? contact us here:
    http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Chad, Ann, and Sandy - This is great information, thank you so much for being open about it and not obfuscating like so many companies do.
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to verify that we definitely didn't lock the Zing. We just wanted to be sure we had an awesome software package that was feature rich, easy to use, and work with us to create an awesome bundle. Andy has been awesome to work with, and really had a lot of input on the Zing.

• tlgtlg Posts: 38Member
    I just wanted to chime in here. Before I bought my Pazzles I did alot of research online for cutters. I was down to Pazzles and Black Cat after deciding I didn't want to be hamstrung to cartilages with cartoon people and things. This was in Feb of 2011. I finally decided on Pazzles because I didn't even know if I would like paper crafting and didn't want to spend over a thousand dollars on a machine I might never use after a month. While I don't regret the Pazzles it is just not as precise as I would wish (I bought the Pro version of the software but it's just not up to MTC even after it's update). Hense my purchase of the Zing. I have great hopes for this machine in the PNC and intricate cutting i've been wishing for. The Pazzles got me started but I hope the zing can take me to the next level. I've showed my DD the pluses of the Pazzles and can give it a new home where it can be used and appreciated. Meanwhile the Zing will be here with me zinging me along as I learn so much more. I guess what I'm trying to say is crafting is like a journey and as all journey's there are bumps in the road.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Posts: 4,781Member
    I'm currently doing some test cutting of a very intricate frame on the Zing. I'll post the results once I get them completed today. I'm very impressed with what I'm seeing!
    Sandy McCauley
    Retired but still cutting with KNK’s forever!!!
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • paupau04paupau04 Posts: 4,809Member
    I think it may be a bit to earlier to rule out the Cameo, I'm thinking that as long as it shows as a printer, it may work, it just may take some time to get the process down. I am thinking way, way back when I was surprise to see my Sil listed in the MTC printer list, when I first tried it wouldn't cut. But by following tut, and not specific to MTC, we found the Shil could cut from other programs. Just as the Shil can cut from Craft Artist.
    Where there's a will, there's a way. I know my crafting family and they are willing to do anything, so I'm saying just give it some time.
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!!

http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
    Yay for being optimistic, Paupau! ;-) I've been wondering about the Craft Artist compatibility also. Since I'm a digital scrapper I'm excited about the 12x12 ability to p&c. I don't want to give up the optical doohickey. :-D
    I think it may be a bit to earlier to rule out the Cameo, I'm thinking that as long as it shows as a printer, it may work, it just may take some time to get the process down. I am thinking way, way back when I was surprise to see my Sil listed in the MTC printer list, when I first tried it wouldn't cut. But by following tut, and not specific to MTC, we found the Shil could cut from other programs. Just as the Shil can cut from Craft Artist.
    Where there's a will, there's a way. I know my crafting family and they are willing to do anything, so I'm saying just give it some time.
    :-D
  • debzdebz Posts: 3,310Member
    I'm really glad that Iggy brought this up. I didn't know that people were under the impression that the Zing was being limited to working with MTC. I'm happy that we were able to clear the air. I think we are different because we started MTC as a consumer - none of us would have been here if I hadn't been up watching infomercials :) Andy wrote this program so that I could have non- cartridge (cheaper) options. We are always able to look at things from the user standpoint, which helps a great deal.
    This.

Though I sort of did it backwards. I had the KNK first and I bought MTC before there was a driver for it so I bought an Expression... If it weren't for the lawsuit, I'd still be wasting my money on cartridges (some of them were cute, but now I'm on a self-imposed boycott).
    Deb
    http://krapikreate.wordpress.com/
    Cutting with 24" KNK Maxx, Silhouette SD, Expression, Cameo, and Zing
    Team KNK Designer
  • YorkieMom21YorkieMom21 Posts: 374Member
    edited October 2011

@Nelda - You can save studio files in svg format and they import into MTC. I've done that with many of the files that I've wanted to cut with my Gazelle. You can also save them in gsd format

Elliot, I just purchased the Designer version of the Silhouette software and I am NOT able to save as an SVG or I should say that it shows up on my desktop but I cannot open it and I cannot bring it into MTC. Could you tell me how you are able to?

Thanks in advance!
    Post edited by YorkieMom21 on
    Pam
    Member 2009 Pazzles™ Design Team
    My Blog: http://yorkiemomsblog.blogspot.com/
    I think they disabled that in the last version (2.2). I found that problem today, too. It would save, but the file won't open in any program I've got (MTC, Corel Draw, Inkscape). I went back to version 1.9 and saving as svg worked fine. That's pretty disappointing - the ability to save as svg in 1.9 must have been a glitch. Or - the inability to save them in the latest update could be a glitch (better scenario in my opinion).
    I'm keeping version 1.9 on one computer & updating the other one. Bummer.
  • twiggoddesstwiggoddess Posts: 453Member
    reading all this makes me soooo glad I bought a zing!!! I love MTC and will never stop using it so zing made total sense to me. Ahhhhhhh-no worries that mtc will work down the road!
  • YorkieMom21YorkieMom21 Posts: 374Member
    I think they disabled that in the last version (2.2). I found that problem today, too. It would save, but the file won't open in any program I've got (MTC, Corel Draw, Inkscape). I went back to version 1.9 and saving as svg worked fine. That's pretty disappointing - the ability to save as svg in 1.9 must have been a glitch. Or - the inability to save them in the latest update could be a glitch (better scenario in my opinion).
    I'm keeping version 1.9 on one computer & updating the other one. Bummer.
    OK Elliot, let me ask you this....since I have the Silhouette Designer version of the software, could I also install version 1.9 (the free one) and use both versions on the same computer???

By the way, my Mother was from Sampson County, NC and I lived in NC on three occasions in my life!

TIA!

Pam
    Member 2009 Pazzles™ Design Team
    My Blog: http://yorkiemomsblog.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.