NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

Papilio Inkjet Printable Vinyl rolls on sale this week

PapilioPapilio Posts: 63Member
edited August 2011 in General
Hey ya'll,

Over at texascraft.com we've got our 12" x 30' White Waterproof Vinyl on sale for $29.50, ready for printing on with your inkjet and cutting with your cutter. As always, we offer any member of the MTC Forums 10% off, which would help reduce that price even more. Great for all kinds of vinyl projects, if you're looking to pick some up!

Thought I might pass the word for those interested.

Anthony King
http://www.texascraft.com
anthony@papilio.com
Specialty Inkjet and Laser printer media - http://www.texascraft.com

Happily supporting the genius of Make-The-Cut's outstanding Print and Cut features!
Personal favorites: Canon Pixma ip2600 Inkjet Printer, CraftROBO Pro CE5000-40, MTC 3.3.3

Comments

• SydneysMomSydneysMom Posts: 1,860Member
    Thanks Anthony. Heading over to your website now!
    *** 24 Inch Black Cat Cougar For Sale – SOLD
    *** Silhouette SD For Sale - Please PM me if interested ***
  • nubiancrafterncnubiancrafternc Posts: 212Member
    Papilio, how would we receive the 10% off discount and can you recommend a laminate to use with this? TIA
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    Papilio, how would we receive the 10% off discount and can you recommend a laminate to use with this? TIA
    There used to be a code, maybe he will re-instate the code.

I believe he has recommended Krylon in the past. Anything that has UV protection in it to prevent fading and color-loss. They also sell a spray.

I have some of this and have used it, it works well. Here's a direct link to the vinyl and the spray. http://www.texascraft.com/hps/home.php?cat=275 If you buy it in sheets (12'x12') it is $1.80, so this is a good price.

In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • bossie1bossie1 Posts: 499Member
    Has anyone tried this on tumblers? I have a logo that has many very small letter in it, I was thinking about using printable vinyl, but wonder how it would wash. Thank you, Valerie
  • JensMomJensMom Posts: 1,137Member
    We need a discount code to order to get the percent off.
  • WandaNana6WandaNana6 Posts: 201Member
    Hi Valerie i have put this on tumblers. I did one for my daughters sis in law with the auburn BCSchamps on it and she has been using it in for about 6 mths now and has had no problems with it. She also washes it in the dishwasher still looks good as new. Also i did not put anything over the top of the ink jet vinyl either. I love the stuff but it is not shiny at all. They also make a clear sheet to put over the top of the ink jet vinyl i have it to but never did use it. (I forgot about it LOL ole age thing). Soto answer your questions yes it does hold up good.
    Wanda
  • bossie1bossie1 Posts: 499Member
    Wanda thank you. I can't wait to try it! Valerie
  • HelenHelen Posts: 1,787Member
    I would love to have some of this, BUT...the shipping costs more than the 10 pk. of vinyl I was going to order. Wish they sold this stuff in brick and mortar stores.
    Hellie0h-Central Ohio Gallery # 9914
    What Will YOU Do, With Your One And Only Life
  • BoogieBoogie Posts: 243Member
    HellieOh,
    I "gasped" when I saw the shipping price..... BUT then I clicked on "Other Carriers" under the "Select a Carrier" option for shipping. I was pleasantly surprised to see a Priority Mail option available. For me, an entire roll of vinyl will ship for $6.70. Or, if I decide to buy the 10 - 12x12 inch sheets, the shipping is only $5.95. I think that is very reasonable for an odd size like 12x12!!
    I'm waiting to find out how we get our 10% discount and then I'm givin' this stuff a try!!!!!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Susan Chong
    Cuttin' and Printin' with the Cameo!! WooHoo!!
    Thanks for that info Susan, going to revisit texascraft and check it out.
  • DukeFanDukeFan Posts: 1,575Member
    Do you get an additional 20% off with that code posted on the website today?
  • PapilioPapilio Posts: 63Member
    The sale price of the Vinyl Roll is $29.50 and I'll give each MTC member requesting it a 10% discount after that. Unfortunately, there's a bug in our Cart that won't let me use Coupon Codes for the life of me, so I'll have to do each discount manually. Just let me know in the "Customer Notes" section that you are an MTC member and I'll get you taken care of.

Thanks all,

Anthony King
    HPS LLC
    http://www.texascraft.com
    (940) 627-0112

Happily supporting the genius of Make-The-Cut's outstanding Print and Cut features!
    Personal favorites: Canon Pixma ip2600 Inkjet Printer, CraftROBO Pro CE5000-40, MTC 3.3.3
    edited August 2011
    I don't see any code, I don't see what to put in for MTC user discount, anyone know?
    oops, was typing when you posted, thanks for the info
    Post edited by Helen on
    Just ordered a roll, and put in the membership info in customer notes.
    I did the same.........
    Anthony, I also sent you a note about the shipping of my order. Not sure if you can see the entire message or not........
    Let me know!
    Thanks!!
    Susan Chong
  • tlgtlg Posts: 38Member
    I ordered a roll and the spray but the conformation emails don't show the discount, only full price.
    I got my confirmation today that mine has shipped, I just looked at my bank statement, NO DISCOUNT. I was charged $41.96. I put in customer notes that I was a MTC member. Guess I need to write an email.
    I did not get confirmation of the discount either. I did already send an email...... I'm sure it will be corrected! :)
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Susan
  • AndyAndy Posts: 4,450Administrator
    Thanks, Anthony for offering us this deal... Very thoughtful!

-andy.
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
    Having a problem with my order. I chose the option to ship and the cost was 6.70 then when I got to check out it was almost 13.00????? Anyone know why?
    JensMom........
    Same thing happened to me. My guess is that it defaults to the local location. When we order, it is updated to our current location.
    I emailed Anthony about it.......... I ordered anyway, but I would have liked to have know the FULL shipping price before I ordered!!!
    xoxoooxo
    Susan
    Thanks so much.
    The shipping is really high for 2 rolls of this stuff, like $18.00 I might wait and see if they offer any discounts. I tried to use the coupon but it's expired. That is me, always a day late and a dollar short. LOL
    Yeppers!!!! I got my 10% discount refunded back to my account! Thanks, Anthony!! I appreciate the follow up and I'm sure the extra work for you!!
    I'm very excited to get my vinyl as I already have a project in mind!!!!
    xoxooxo
    Susan Chong
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Posts: 1,511Member
    Anthony - when I did a recent order of foil, I put in that I was a .mtc forum member, but I did not get any discount (mentioned on my notes). Is this discount only on vinyl or store wide? I'm not going to insist on the discount for my order, but I would like to know for future reference, because I would like to order again and would like to know where I stand in the future as an .mtc forum member.

Pat
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
    Pat,

I don't handle much of the actual order processing and packaging myself, so to be honest, if I didn't lay my hands on it, it likely did not get done. Also, the discount is supposed to be specifically for our White Waterproof Vinyl, but the more I've hung out here, the more I've discovered that ya'll have plenty of uses for our entire product line (which never ceases to amaze me by the way) so I think we could extend it to all products. Unfortunately though, our Fulfillment staff didn't know that, so likely did not act on the message.

Going forward, the 10% discount will apply to any Papilio NON-BULK (100 sheets or above) item and I'll make sure our staff gets the word. I'll go find your order and make sure you get your discount too Pat.

Thanks Anthony!
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Posts: 1,511Member
    Anthony - that is really cool news, because I am dying to try many things from papilo's site. Thanks for helping me out. There's so much of your material that can be used by the crafters here using .mtc besides the actual vinyl. Eventually, when I am ready, I will start a thread in masterpieces showing items made with materials purchased from papilo. I am still finishing projects in progress from other materials.

Pat
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
  • CarmenOCarmenO Posts: 1,109Member
    If we used the printable vinyl on the acrylic tumblers would we want the permanent or the regular?
    Gazelle, Cameo
    Permanent. Although the repositionable could be removed for cleaning. But I don't think it is water-proof like the permanent one is.
    If we used the printable vinyl on the acrylic tumblers would we want the permanent or the regular?
  • CarmenOCarmenO Posts: 1,109Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Nelda!!
    Post edited by CarmenO on
    Gazelle, Cameo
    Thanks Anthony for crediting my bank account with the 10% discount. I received my vinyl yesterday, looking forward to doing some print and cut on vinyl.
    You are absolutely welcome! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Is the sale still on?
    It is indeed, it was slated to end today, but will be extended for 1 week, until next Thursday.

My vinyl should be here todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..... hurry Mr. UPS man!!!!
    xoxoxoxox
    Susan Chong
    I can't find the roll on the website, just the sheets.

Can someone provide a link?
    Nevermind - found it.

There was a second page - lol
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Y'know something? I think the title of the thread may be wrong...

I always figured if it was printable vinyl, it would HAVE to come in sheets to feed into the printer, and not in rolls... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone, I'm guessing here. :)

*Edited to say, "Oops, my mistake, there most certainly do seem to be rolls there..." :))
    Post edited by iggylover on
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

I actually need 8.5X11, so I'm gonna get the sheets, I think.
This discussion has been closed.