We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!
Don't Forget! There is a LIVE Webinar going on TODAY at 7:30 PM CDT!
Please click here to sign up if you haven't already.
Guarantee your question will be answered by posting it here.
Remember: These Webinars work on your iPad and iPhone!

TYPEABLE RHINESTONE FONTS

cjbearcjbear Posts: 78Member
edited July 2011 in General
I know that doing rhinestone fonts is a real pain, and a lot of work. So i will be using typeable fonts from.

http://customrhinestonedesign.com/index.php?route=common/home

http://www.rhinestonealphabets.com/how-to
3 Row Alphabet Capital letters.jpg
617 x 346 - 38K
RA Single Line font.jpg
863 x 437 - 79K
Post edited by cjbear on

Comments

• SarahbellumSarahbellum Posts: 379Member
    If you go to the first one..customrhinestonedesign, she has a tester file....I think you need to send her an email....I think she is on this forum sometimes as well...Sandy Jo are you here?

She gives directions here...be sure to have your caps lock on when using the test file:

http://customrhinestonedesign.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=81&product_id=385
    HTH

Sarah
  • AndyAndy Posts: 4,481Administrator
    edited July 2011
    I have polygon thinning going in to the next version that makes regular fonts into single stroked fonts... it works pretty well on most fonts including script. Thinning fonts works great for rhinestones.
    polythin.PNG
    790 x 330 - 55K
    polythin2.PNG
    818 x 367 - 54K
    Post edited by Andy on
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • deonj_21deonj_21 Posts: 126Member
    ok and that will be availabe when???? ;-)
  • NicholeNichole Posts: 458Member
    I have polygon thinning going in to the next version that makes regular fonts into single stroked fonts... it works pretty well on most fonts including script. Thinning fonts works great for rhinestones.
    Another carrot!!! I just wonder if you're dropping all these tidbits because you like to see us suffer til it gets here.lol
    Cuttin' with Camilla (KNK Groove-E) & Gidget (Silhouette)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SarahbellumSarahbellum Posts: 379Member
    edited July 2011
    Andy----- >:-)

Us------- :-(( :-(( :-(( :-?? :-?? :-((

Sarah

Edit: the Andy one is supposed to be the devil smiley....but that's not what it shows on my iPad
    Post edited by Sarahbellum on
  • gramof8gramof8 Posts: 1,266Member

Andy, that will be just great. I have "labored" (well not the kind Ann will be doing soon" LOL over getting single line fonts. So happy to see this will be added. Thanks
  • DukeFanDukeFan Posts: 1,599Member
    Awesome, Andy - but that will just make me stalk the forum even more!
  • cleversomedaycleversomeday Posts: 1,179Member
    Just remember that any typable rhinestone fonts have to be resized according to the size of your stone. You can't use one at any other size or it won't work. This is going to end up being pretty limiting if you only stock a few stone sizes.
  • deonj_21deonj_21 Posts: 126Member
    i have been using LD teacher's pet and with a little manipulating it looks pretty good
    Just remember that any typable rhinestone fonts have to be resized according to the size of your stone. You can't use one at any other size or it won't work. This is going to end up being pretty limiting if you only stock a few stone sizes.
    I'm confused. Wouldn't you just type your word and use the MTC rhinestone feature and select your size of stone?
    No, DukeFan, the typable rhinestone fonts in the original post are already made up of circles, which is why I mentioned it as these are very different from what we are used to.
  • debzdebz Posts: 3,310Member
    Duuuuuuddddddeeeeeee.

Just keep throwing us these bones. I see how you are.
    Deb
    http://krapikreate.wordpress.com/
    Cutting with 24" KNK Maxx, Silhouette SD, Expression, Cameo, and Zing
    Team KNK Designer
    No, DukeFan, the typable rhinestone fonts in the original post are already made up of circles, which is why I mentioned it as these are very different from what we are used to.
    Gotcha...I didn't look at the ones in the original post, so I thought they were just single stroke fonts. That's why I was confused.

Unfortunately, you can't make a true single line True Type Font. By definition TTfs have to be closed path. That's why all these workarounds are necessary. Can't wait to see how Andy's new trace will work!
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    MTC handles OTF too... it used to be limited to TTFs only... but not for a while...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

Hmm, haven't found any single line OTFs either (I'm on a Mac so I use them interchangeably). Don't think they can handle open paths either but will definitely check it out.
This discussion has been closed.