We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Klic-N-Kut™ Plug-In Available! **UPDATED**

AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
edited May 2011 in MTC Updates
Hello All!

UPDATED TO ANNOUNCE: The KNK plug-in has been updated to 1.2.0. This version supports a new cutting method called "Knife Point". This will allow you to cut your design wherever the knife is placed on your material.

ORIGINAL POST:
We are proud to present a plug-in that makes cutting to the Klic-N-Kut series of cutters more powerful and fun than ever!

We are supporting every KNK machine ever created... even the Yellow ones from back in the day!

Which include:
KNK MAXX
KNK Groove-E
KNK Element
KNK XL
KNK Grand
and the Original Yellow KNK

This plug-in employs a couple of new features which include, but not limited to:

1) Resolution Calibration and Calculator. If your machine isn't cutting perfectly, you can correct the issues easily with an included Resolution Calibration Calculator (say that 3 times fast!). This plug-in also includes tools to adjust the Laser offset of the MAXX machines as well as the Pin offset for the Groove-E machine.

2) Preview Cut You can preview the exact placement of your design before you cut it. This way you will know EXACTLY how it's going to look before it cuts. No more guess work! There is also an option if you are cutting from a roll of material. The plug-in will adjust and optimize your design and show you the changes before you cut.

3) Print And Cut -- Done Right. We took a lot of time and mastered the Print And Cut experience. We use the 3 point registration system (you can use your arrow keys as well), and at the same time we employed an algorithm which will guess exactly where the registration points are based on the previous points -- making it super simple and fast to get a Print and Cut running perfectly in absolutly no time. You can even put the paper on the mat completly crooked, scaled wrong, etc and it will cut perfectly each time. Amazing!

Obviously there are tons more cool features built in to this Plug-In... I will leave it up to you all to find the neat stuff.

I gave an intro about the KNK Plug-In in the webinar from 5/3/2011.

Here is a link to the webinar video file. I start talking about it at 35 minutes and 30 seconds into the webinar.

Special thanks to Sandy and the rest of the KNK folks who went through all the trouble of BETA testing this thing and offering suggestions to make this the greatest MTC plug-in ever!

You can download the Plug-In installer by clicking here.

Just close down MTC, then run the file above and then start MTC back up and you will be set! Simple!

Thanks, all!
Ann and Andy
I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
Post edited by Andy on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.