We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Pazzles Inspiration Plug-In Available!

AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
edited May 2011 in MTC Updates
Hi everyone...

I have the BETA of the Pazzles Inspiration plug-in ready for testing. Here is a link to install the plug-in:

http://www.make-the-cut.com/Download.aspx

(Scroll down to the Plug-Ins section)

Directions:
1) Make sure you have the latest version of MTC installed (3.2.1)
2) Make sure MTC is not running (i.e. close it down)
3) Download/run the file above.
4) Start MTC back up. You will see a new cutting option in the "Cut project with..." menu item.

Good luck!

-andy.
I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
Post edited by Andy on

Comments

• KarenPKarenP Member Posts: 4,028
    Woohoo.
    Missouri
  • pamelaj55pamelaj55 Member Posts: 888
    Woo Hoo! I'm so excited! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)
  • paperkutzpaperkutz Member Posts: 142
    This is awesome!! I am so trying this out tomorrow after work.
    www.facebook.com/papergizmo
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    Thank you ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,871
    Andy, thanks so much! MTC is cutting to the Inspiration much more accurately than ever before! We really appreciate all of your work to make this happen!!!!
  • cpycpy Member Posts: 15
    Wow that was fast .. thank you andy , just got my machine today .. can't wait too play
  • CharleneCharlene Member Posts: 4
    Andy, Thank you for adding the Pazzles drivers to MTC.

I downloaded the beta patch tonight ..... and used MTC to cut with my new cutter!!!! It worked beautifully. Thank you ever so much!!! I am a happy camper tonight. I no longer have the E and I love my new cutter!!!!
    Charlene
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    edited April 2011
    Whew... glad the initial reviews are positive. It's always a nail-biter when I push something out that only I have tested.

I am glad the accuracy is good. The resolution I was told to use wasn't working out too well so I adjusted it and it was cutting pretty accurately for me. Please keep me posted!

Out of curiosity... What Blade Depth/Speed and Force settings to you use to cut regular cardstock?
  • CharleneCharlene Member Posts: 4
    I only cut paper tonight. Tomorrow I will play more and cut some cardstock.
    Charlene
    what do you use for paper? I am trying to get mine dialed in perfectly
    I had to reduce blade depth to 2, as the usual 3 caused growling - too much pressure. I am cutting 80 lb cardstock (heavy) and used a medium pressure - 31, and speed 3 -5. I used 5 to cut a scalloped circle, then slowed to 3, hoping for better results. Scallops are not cutting correctly on my Inspiration either from MTC or Inspiration Studio. I am convinced now that this is a firmware issue. I have reported it again to Pazzles. Circles are still cutting as ovals in both software programs as well. This may be a problem unique to my Inspiration - not sure. The same file cuts fine to other cutters (eCraft, Gazelle, Craft Robo).

Cutting speed is excellent, and the cuts are very clean. I still have to do a print and cut project. I don't do many of these, but will try, since others are very interested in this.
  • craftluv45craftluv45 Member Posts: 210
    Andy, thank you sooo much.. I posted the news to my Pazzles Yahoo group and loads should be coming here to get the driver... will ask them to come here and give you feedback!

If we have 3.2.1, is that install of the driver just adding it on only? Will it change anything else?

You are so kind to do this! Just got my machine, also and can't wait to test it out! I didn't even hook it up with the software it came with, I was waiting for MTC and had faith you would do it as I heard that MTC cuts MUCH better. God bless you, I'm so glad I got my Pazzles! Trina M.
    I am using Worldwin ribbon. Too much pressure tears normally. I didn't get any tears. Too little pressure won't cut through normally.
  • craftluv45craftluv45 Member Posts: 210
    Julie, what is Worldwin ribbon? You are saying that normal cutting on the ribbon usually tears, but it is not now with MTC? And what do you mean by too little pressure won't cut through normally? It is now cutting when it would not prior? How do we set our blades for MTC?

• lyndniclyndnic Member Posts: 88
    Thank you so much Andy! I cut with my new Inspiration for the first time tonight. As I wasn't sure what to expect, I thought something was wrong when it took a few seconds for MTC to send the information to my cutter. But it cut so fast from there on. Still playing with the pressure and blade depths, as per paper types. Didn't help that the first paper I tried was 110 lb. LOL Got it to cut at 23-25 pressure, blade at 3, speed at 3. ( I set the blade depth on the machine, should I set it somewhere else?)

Cut My Mind's Eye paper at 19 pressure, Blade @3, speed @ 3. I was cutting Nelda's (yes) buttons. circles, hearts, & rounded squares.

Will try again tomorrow. Back to the tutorials. Again, sending big hugs your way Andy & Ann!
    Pazzles Inspiration & Cricut Expression owner http://lyndnicscraftroom.blogspot.com
  • olalladiolalladi Member Posts: 5
    I am so excited!!! Thanks Andy, can't wait to play!
    Glad to have pazzles on board...
    The paper I used is heavy, and normally requires either greater blade depth or greater pressure to cut cleanly. I chose to reduce the blade depth, and kept the pressure the same as usual, and got good, clean cuts. It is important to do test cuts with every machine and every paper that you use, to find the optimal settings for your cutter, paper, and environment.

I think MTC requires less pressure or blade depth than when cutting from Inspiration studio. I cut the same design tonight with the same pressure and blade depth, and same paper. Inspiration Studio did not cut through cleanly, while MTC did. I would need to either increase cutting pressure or extend the blade a bit more to get the same quality cut from Inspiration Studio.
  • NevaNeva Member Posts: 402
    WOW!!! This is what I have been waiting for!! Thank you with all my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Neva
  • ezmats77ezmats77 Member Posts: 109
    Thank You, Andy. Just yesterday, I pulled out my pazzles machine to cut vinyl and was trying to remember various "how to" in the pazzles program, now I can relax and continue to use a program I love. Thanks.
  • NevaNeva Member Posts: 402
    I just cut with it & it cuts like a dream, cut cleanly on just a piece of old scrap I grabbed from my scrap box & really is wonderful!!!!!!!!
  • craftyblondecraftyblonde Member Posts: 889
    I was holding off on buying a pazzles because I wanted to wait and see if you could get the drivers working for it. I didn't want yet another machine that was going to have problems working with my favorite cutting software. Thank you Andy your the best! Now to place my order. Then when the pazzles arrives I have an E that will be up for sale :D
    Proud owner of a pazzles
  • daffeydildaffeydil Member Posts: 3,003
    Thanks, Andy!
    This was the announcement I have been waiting to receive before I purchased a Pazzle cutter.
    I have one new cutter to learn (a Gazelle) and will soon add a Pazzle to the 'new cutter to learn' list.
    BTW, I am loving how the Gazelle works with MTC .
    Sharon
  • hdulakhdulak Member Posts: 1
    Hi Andy... and thanks for the Pazzles driver for MTC! I just cut the bell from the WINGDINGS font and found that "35" for the offset was way too much and the cut didn't finish completely. I changed that to "10" and it cut just fine at the end. The AMAZING thing is that the ENDING POINT MATCHED UP PERFECTLY WITH THE STARTING POINT on the outside of that bell shape!!! (...something which didn't happen with the Pazzles software!) The paper I cut was Bazzil Basics and I used a speed of "5" and a pressure of "16" and had my cutter depth set at "2". TWO THUMBS UP!

Henry in Mesa, AZ
  • lisa_anderson771lisa_anderson771 Member Posts: 323
    I just downloaded and did the update, it worked fine on my end. I cut Bazzil paper at speed 3 pressure 23, and left the offset where it was at .33 and got a nice clean cut.

My only hang up was I am on a Mac, and when I did the download the first time I did it from the Mac side, the opened up windows through VMware Fusion, and drug the file over to the windows desktop. It all looked like it went well but when I would click the icon and hit run, nothing would happen. I then just went to the website and download from the windows side. Saved to the desktop in windows and clicked run, and it went really fast but did update and work properly.

So anyone with a Mac may want to use windows for this download.

Thanks Andy for getting this working for us!
    Andy, I was able to do some experimenting with the Inspiration and your new Plugin for it from MTC, doing print and cut projects. I think having the callibration option to use with the plugin would be very helpful. Since the machine automatically loads the mat, the blade pretty much ends up in the same position each time. In doing my test print and cuts, I found that my machine cuts about 2mm too far to the left and 1.5mm too high. If I were able to adjust for that in the cutting window, I think I could get some very precise print and cut projects. Using the Inspiration Studio those measurements were off by up to 1/2", so this is a great improvement.

When I checked my printer, I found that it is printing on the paper exactly where I had the shape positioned on the screen. So If I am careful with placing the paper on the mat, and can make the minute adjustment in where the cut starts, I will have better success with cutting precisely around shapes.

Cutting printer paper on the Inspiration has always given me problems. Today was no exception. I was cutting printer paper with a blade depth of 1.5, and pressure of 8, and getting tearing or inconsistent cuts. I decided to switch out the blade, and used the Gazelle blade. Since this blade is shorter, I had to extend it to 3, and a pressure of 11 to get a nice clean cut. Cutting glossy photo paper, I kept the blade at 3, and increased the pressure to 23, and still got a nice clean cut. The Pazzles blade works fine for cardstock, but the Gazelle blade works better for all purposes, including cheap printer paper.
  • pegbat_gmail.compegbat_gmail.com Member Posts: 454
    Thank you so much! I do not have a Pazzle yet because I was waiting for this day to come. Now I can order with knowledge that it will work with MTC. I did however, download the plug-in and was a little bit worried that my Cricut would not work. But it still worked. Now when I go up to the cut menu it says both Pazzle and Cricut. So I can continue to use my Cricut until I get my Pazzle. Then my Expression will go to my daughter and I will have my baby bug back. What a wonderful world!
    Andy, you make it so easy to download stuff with clear directions--almost like holding my hand :) Thanks for knowing that some of us are not as tech savy as you. Thanks for the love and care you put into this program.
  • CutterCrafterCutterCrafter Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the Pazzles driver! I did an install & run as instructed (machine unplugged from PC and MTC closed); however when I select cut after making speed/depth adjustments, I get an error "unable to load FTDI drivers. Please update your FTDI drivers."
    I did update/install the FTDI drivers from the MTC menu as instructed, but I still get the same error.
    I have the Pazzles Creative Cutter Pro, not the Inspiration... do you think that's the reason?
    Andy has not yet posted the drivers for the Pazzles Pro. He mentioned last night that he will be posting the plugin for this cutter when he gets it finished. He is currently working on plugins for many different cutters. We look forward to getting those! I have a Pazzles Pro cutter as well, and look forward to using it with MTC. The plugin for this cutter will be the DGI Omega 40. So watch for that one to be posted.
    the drivers are FTDI for the Pazzles...
    Unplug your cutter from your computer
    install the FTDI drivers from the menu
    Reboot your computer
    Before starting MTC, plug your Pazzles back into your computer and turn the pazzles machine ON
    you will see some activity on your computer that says "installing new hardware"
    now start MTC and trying cutting.
  • craftyblondecraftyblonde Member Posts: 889
    I'm so excited! I ordered my Pazzles the other day. So tired of the E not cutting intricate cuts, missing cutting parts of the design, and cutting ovals instead of circles 9x's out of 10. Thank you so much Andy! You've made a lot of people very happy. Thinking of driving over my E once my pazzles gets here lol.
    Proud owner of a pazzles
    Made my first cut with MTC and Pazzles last night.....love it! It took a while to load the file, but I am very pleased with the results and the cutting speed.
  • Margaret WilburnMargaret Wilburn Member Posts: 105
    Wow...I can't believe there is actually going to be a plugin for the Pazzles Pro. I quit using it because I hated the software so much and it sits like a huge looming battleship on a table making me feel guilty for the money I spent on it. I will say that I just got yet another cutter, a Silhouette, and love the print and cut with it...and also love that I can do it all from my Mac....but being able to use the Pazzles with MTC would be the ultimate!!!
    I have had some reports of the job spooling is taking too long for some people. I will work on speeding that up. The reason it is so slow is because I pace the data rate to the machine. When I didn't do that, it would cause the machine to freeze up. I think I may have paced it a tad too slow though.
    Yes, particularly if the file has a lot of points. I have other questions/problems. What/where is the preferred way to ask questions?
    Missouri
  • PatriciaStampsPatriciaStamps Member Posts: 29
    EXCELLENT. Thanks so much! I updated my software and it is working just fine.

Here are the settings I am using...in case anyone else has a running list like I do.
    This is scrapbooking paper, nothing heavy. On my Cricut I used to cut it at blade 3, pressure 3.

On the Pazzles I am cutting it with the Cricut housing blade and blade, set at 3. I am using pressure of 32. I also am using a cricut mat (because I have so many). I have it set as far left as it can go in the Pazzles machine.

I am only a tiny bit off, maybe 1/16", on my measurement with the offset set to 0.

Off to play! I'm so glad I don't have to learn the Pazzles software...no offense to whomever designed it, but MTC is so much more intuitive, to me.
    Patricia Weitzel www.iLoveToCut.com
  • pmamaweavpmamaweav Member Posts: 84
    Andy,
    I just got the chance to use the Pazzles, I use light printed paper.
    Blade depth: 2
    Speed: 3
    Pressure: 13
    I cut 5 perfect circles, 2 @1 inch, [email protected] inches, [email protected] inches,1 @2 inches.
    I cut a scalloped spiral. Everything cut perfect. My mat was well used.
    Positioning was spot on.
    Loading was slow, i was able to clean some of my craft room. Maybe, that is a good idea:<)
    I will use card stock nexted.
    Thank you so much, I am glad that you were able to work things out with Pazzles.
    Sincerely, Phyllis
  • SweetAlineSweetAline Member Posts: 11
    This is what I wanted to know before I jumped in and bought the Pazzles Inspiration! ^:)^
  • jmmladybugjmmladybug Member Posts: 13
    I finally got a chance to test the plug-in and I have good news & bad news. I have a file I made that is similar to the initial monograms, but I used a frame with their initials inside. Anyway, it took "40" minutes to spool. When it finally cut, it took under 2 minutes and the cut was wonderful. But before I reported, I wanted to see how long it would take on the E. I didn't even bother because I noticed the problem as soon as I started. Using the Pazzles, it had 25,025 points (even though I had tried every simplify, etc. that I could - and I far from an expert user). However, when I tried it with the E, the exact file only had 1424. Any idea why the size would be so different between the two?
  • YorkieMom21YorkieMom21 Member Posts: 413
    I'm curious about this too!

Pam
    Pam Member 2009 Pazzles™ Design Team My Blog: http://yorkiemomsblog.blogspot.com/
  • lisa_anderson771lisa_anderson771 Member Posts: 323
    I also have huge sizes when sending to the pazzles. I hope it's an easy fix for you Andy. You have already worked really hard on this for us.
    The reason why the point count is so much larger is because all the Bezier Curves have to be removed and replaced with lines. The Cricut has a Bezier Curve command which simplifies the data being sent to the machine. I requested that the Pazzels Inspiration include such a command in the next Firmware they release, but no promises if that will happen.

I will get the data to send faster to the machine... Should be an update out soon
  • jmmladybugjmmladybug Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the info and all the hard work. For me, it's not a big deal, as I wasn't even going to buy a new machine until I heard about the great deal and it can do things my E can't. However, I must have been one of the lucky ones as my E cuts great (even round circles), so I feel I have the best of both worlds and can patiently wait for updates.
  • PatriciaStampsPatriciaStamps Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2011
    Ran all the updates and now it is working great..... so happy :)
    Post edited by PatriciaStamps on
    Patricia Weitzel www.iLoveToCut.com
  • Annie_in_FranceAnnie_in_France Member Posts: 51
    Apart from the delay, I am delighted with the way you can cut to the PI. It cuts cleanly at a lower pressure and depth of blade. I have also done some very successful Print and Cuts without having to do any guess work. I just print the image and then move the Y axis by a 16th of an inch and hey presto, perfect alignment every time.

Not sure why MTC cuts better than the PI software but I found the same when I had a Craft Robo, it cut much better from within Illustrator.

Thank you, I just love the versatility of your cutting programme, life is so much less complicated now! :-))
  • HotPawsHotPaws Member Posts: 42
    Hi Andy,
    I was wondering if you have a Plug In/Driver to run the Pazzles Pro Machine (aka DGI OM40) I have that machine and use it the most. Also where on this site do you have a listing of all the machines you support with the links of their proper drivers. I do not see a page for that on the website or the forum. Thank you!
    Sue Reynolds
  • HotPawsHotPaws Member Posts: 42
    Andy,
    Do you have a driver for the Pazzles Pro aka DGI OM40. I use that machine the most.
    SueR
    I don't have the DGI model done yet -- It is on the ToDo list, though. Just the Inspiration for right now.
    My husband purchased one of these cutters. One of the reasons to use MTC over their software is so you can design and save without being hooked to the Pazzles. That is a crazy setup that you must be connected to the Pazzles to save your design.
    Missouri
    Sue, try the new KNK Element plugin with the Pazzles Pro. It works!
This discussion has been closed.