NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

fairy cut software for cricut

craftymorcraftymor Posts: 2Member
edited March 2011 in General
Hi everyone, I`m new to forums so hope this is the right place to ask questions.
Has anyone heard of fairy cut software for cricut, my sister and I downloaded the trial version
and it was fine,so she went online and bought it, they sent her the download link to use until the cd arrived
but it never has and the link did`nt work either.
What you have to do is connect your cricut to your pc with a usb cable, open the fairy cut software which has lots of different images, when your happy with the image you click cut and it sends it to the cricut, it does work and you dont have to buy cartridges, but because I was using the trial version the image was cut through the middle.
craftymor

Comments

• luvdababsehluvdababseh Posts: 107Member
    I tried it but wasnt impressed with what it had to offer, its newness, all for the expensive price. Coupled with the fact I have seen many complain about the same thing- they bought it and never rcvd the full version. I am happy with my decision on MTC only.
  • mtcfanmtcfan Posts: 70Member
    I don't know anything about Fairycut but you might have better luck posting to their forum http://fairycut.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=9a888a8977c3af6833325fea475c6e76

It looks like it is monitored and they do respond.

Hope that helps
    Chris
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Posts: 10,251Banned
    edited March 2011
    try the faircut forum for information regarding their product and MTC is a nice group here there are many cutters that work with MTC but the Cricut is on that is not supported as one of them. you are welcome to read all the information here and ask any questions. it is just that there is little or no information on fairy cut here.
    Corrected for spelling and adding a couple of things.
    Post edited by rachellann_ID714 on

image image
    Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter

http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp

http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/

My Blog is:
    http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/

• paupau04paupau04 Posts: 4,823Member
    edited March 2011
    Craftymor, first let me welcome you to the make the cut forum. Can't help you with information on the Fairy cut software, but I will tell you MTC is awesome and with some format conversion files made with MTC could work with that software. So if you want to converse with a very creative group of friendly and helpful crafters, you're in the right place, but for Fairy Cut support and info, I too suggust trying the Fairy Cut and Funtime forums. ;-)
    Post edited by paupau04 on
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!!

http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
  • PaperthreadsPaperthreads Posts: 748Member
    Contact your retailer about the code, as they will be the one that can help you. Also, as a retailer of the software, we only have it available as a download with a code license sent to our customers, no disks sent. So I think there may be a communication problem with you and your retailer, as I don't think they would be sending a disk.

If you can't get help from your retailer on your code working, please feel free to email me, let me know who the retailer is, date you purchased, and your code, and I will contact the company on your behalf. My email is support@paperthreads.com
    www.paperthreadsblog.com
    Pre-Order the Silhouette Portrait Today!

If there are typing errors, blame it on my fat fingers on my mobile device....some days they seem fatter then others!
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Posts: 14,967Member
    It's a knock off of MTC. We've heard of it but prefer MTC much more.

I hope you get what you are looking for.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/
    Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • karen3912karen3912 Posts: 3,182Banned
    I read somewhere that Provo Craft is going after Fairy Cut next. Be careful.
  • TerriMTerriM Posts: 254Member
    Fairycut is based on Funtime, Which is based on Winpcsign.
    Winpcsign has been on the market since wy back in the 80's.
    Fairycut works/looks just like Funtime, but with a few tools removed, and works only with cricuts.
  • corwinscorwins Posts: 1,838Member
    This is a forum for MTC, not Fairycut. Please move to their forum!
  • BerryoneBerryone Posts: 5,334Member
    I disagree this is a forum for knowledge, and I hope all questions will be welcome.
    I'm just sayin'

• rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Posts: 10,251Banned
    I disagree this is a forum for knowledge, and I hope all questions will be welcome.
    I'm just sayin'

My opinion

sorry but this forum is for MTC and the cutter it uses and programs that work with it like inkscape Fairycut has their own forum and that is where questions regarding that software should be. My opinion

TerriM yes funtime has been around a while. but the fairy cut is new they did not even admitt where they came from until many thought the were a scam company .but really many can see they tookfrom MTC and Scal and CDS to create their program for the cricut.

image image
    Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter

http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp

http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/

My Blog is:
    http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/

Where do we draw the line? Many cutters have forums also. Without questions, we stagnate. I use Scal also, but wouldn't hesitate to ask a question about it here on this forum. I believe we seek knowledge where we are the most comfortable and most welcome. This forum is is good, but it is Great, because it doesn't limit questions to a specific Program, cutter or even embellishments. My opinion.
  • ConiCutsConiCuts Posts: 1,657Member
    I have to agree with Rachellann. This program has nothing to do with MTC! Yes, we do help anyone with questions (regarding using MTC) however, we can't help with something we know nothing about and this is why they said to visit the forum for that product. As for SCAL, MTC will import those files, so yes asking about that here would be fine. I don't think we are limiting information or help, but as for this fairycut program it does NOT apply here as for anything to do with MTC. We are a Make the Cut forum!
  • grandmamichelfgrandmamichelf Posts: 372Member
    Goodness! Seriously. What's the difference? If someone asks a question here, we can politely direct them to the place where they can probably find the answer to their question. Or you never know...maybe someone has an answer here. No big deal! Just because we are a MTC forum doesn't mean we can't try and help someone. It almost makes it sounds like we are "exclusive" instead of "inclusive". And frankly, that bothers me.
    I always feel like somebody's watching me. Is it YOU?
  • janettevorsterjanettevorster Posts: 52Member
    edited March 2011
    I agree with you grandmamichelf
    Post edited by janettevorster on
  • paupau04paupau04 Posts: 4,823Member
    Grandma, I agree with you. Goodness knows I've asked many non MTC questions here. Also the businesses that I have the most respect for fare the ones who aren't afraid to step up to the competition. US Cutter for example has dedicated threads for discussion/support of their competitors cutters. I appreciate that. I think if you're good, you're good, so no one else will rain on your parade.
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!!

http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
    That's what I am saying. It bothers me when someone says this is a MTC forum. It is, but it isn't. It's so much more.
  • YorkieMomYorkieMom Posts: 589Member
    My goodness! I didn't read anything that "makes it sound like we are 'exclusive' instead of 'inclusive'." I interpreted the OP to be questioning why she didn't receive a cd and why her link didn't work for the FC software. Several posters very nicely directed her to the FC forum as that is where she can get the answers to her questions. Would you ask in the FC forum why you didn't get a registration code for MTC? The members of this forum have always been more than helpful in answering any and all questions asked to the best of their knowledge. I really don't like controversy and avoid it most of the time, but I think it's very unfair to insinuate that the OP was not given the appropriate answers to her questions. My apologies if I have offended anyone. I just love this forum and appreciate all the help that has been so freely given.
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Posts: 14,967Member
    I agree with Yorkiemom and I am going to ask that everyone drop this subject please and get back to what we are here for , crafting and creating with our MTC!!!!!

Thanks,
    Christy
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/
    Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KarenPKarenP Posts: 4,028Member
    I own both MTC and FairyCut software and totally agree this is not the place for F/C questions. Different cutters to use with MTC is totally different. F/C forum is awful but still this isn't the place for F/C questions.
    Missouri
  • GIJaneDoeGIJaneDoe Posts: 200Member
    edited March 2011
    I don't know how I feel about someone asking questions about other programs here. After all, I "heard" about SCAL and MTC on the cricut forum.

Maybe there should be a section just for questions like this. I think if we find out other programs can do something MTC can't, then it's good to find out so Andy can make it where MTC can be better.
    Post edited by GIJaneDoe on
    Pazzles Inspiration Xyron Wishblade Silhouette Cameo

• HelenHelen Posts: 1,787Member
    Got to agree with grandma, when I was just a SCAL2 user, I asked on their forum if anyone used MTC because I had come over here to check out all the good things I was hearing. I was amazed at this forum, so "full of life" and helpful. I posted on craftedge my thoughts on this forum, well you would have thought I committed a first degree felony, one of the regulars told me, if I didn't like it there maybe I should just hang out over there. I responded that I meant no disregard to craftedge, it is just not a very active forum in my opinion, that is all I meant and apologized if I stepped on any toes. I was scathed again by this particular one. The thread was deleted, I came to MTC, bought it. You never know who will be the next MTC user,
    Hellie0h-Central Ohio Gallery # 9914
    What Will YOU Do, With Your One And Only Life
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    We do have freedom here to discuss other programs here - no concerns with that. It's wonderful that we can talk and compare.

But if she is asking for *help* with another program, she is more likely to get the answer on the forum dedicated to her software program. That is probably the better place to find the answer. I would not go to the SCAL forum and ask questions about how to use MTC. If I had questions about SCAL - yes, or even asking about a comparison between SCAL and MTC, yes. But not just for info on MTC. That is just common (or uncommon?) sense.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • HelenHelen Posts: 1,787Member
    I agree, the best place for her particular problem is her forum, no question about that. My only point was direct her there as others did, but make her welcome here to ask questions, which some did. My other point was that a couple people over at the other place, which I still go to....made me feel like the red-headed stepchild for asking a simple question.... IF ANY SCAL FORUM MEMBERS ALSO USE OTHER SOFTWARE LIKE MTC. Now, if in your opinion I have no common sense, I guess I should return to lurking as I would not want to known as the MTC village idiot.
    Hellie0h-Central Ohio Gallery # 9914
    What Will YOU Do, With Your One And Only Life
  • Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Posts: 1,627Member
    Try talking about MTC on the Silhouette yahoo group and see what kind of response you get! It ain't pretty! I see a Sil SD in my future so I joined that group. Another new member posted that she'd bought had a Cricut, MTC & wanted to use the Sil with MTC. She got chewed out over mentioning MTC by a few. A few did support her right to have different software other than the Sil Studio.
    Now I will give you the link to the nice forum- http://z15.invisionfree.com/Silhouette_Plus/index.php?act=idx Our own Lylacfey (Deanne) helps on one of the forums. I saw Amy Chomas there too. I received a warm welcome even if I did mention MTC!
    Rhoda
    I think she got the best advice right HERE with Paperthreads Post. That's what we all should do. I applaud Paperthreads.
  • noonenoone Posts: 274Member
    edited March 2011
    Goodness! Seriously. What's the difference? If someone asks a question here, we can politely direct them to the place where they can probably find the answer to their question. Or you never know...maybe someone has an answer here. No big deal! Just because we are a MTC forum doesn't mean we can't try and help someone. It almost makes it sounds like we are "exclusive" instead of "inclusive". And frankly, that bothers me.
    I agree. I usually don't post in this forum, I am really a "lurker" but I think we can direct the OP to the correct forum without anyone getting "grouchy". As I read this topic, I started to feel like I was on the "other" message board. What ever happened to " no question is a stupid question?" I think it is time for me to take a break from the board. Good night. :)
    Post edited by noone on
  • DarleneIDarleneI Posts: 2,490Member
    I have several different softwares that I've used over the years for different reasons. I watch and read lots of info on any subject on any program that interest me. I learn things that are alike in different programs because one article or video may explain things in a way that makes more sense to me. Andy and Bryan have opened my mind up to so many things and made them understandable...and so have other tutorials. I am afraid my brain is getting overloaded. They say (who is they?) that your brain is continuously emptying out things to store other things. Boy..am I in trouble. I am addicted to MTC but not because it is my favorite program (it is) but mainly from all I have learned on this forum and and in the webinars on so many subjects. I like it that people feel comfortable asking questions here. It only takes a couple minutes to answer a question nicely and you feel good about it. You answer it not so nicely and you make lots of people feel bad..some for you and some for the person asking the question. Lets just all play nice on this list. Please! Darlene
  • lylacfeylylacfey Posts: 138Member
    edited March 2011
    Try talking about MTC on the Silhouette yahoo group and see what kind of response you get! It ain't pretty! I see a Sil SD in my future so I joined that group. Another new member posted that she'd bought had a Cricut, MTC & wanted to use the Sil with MTC. She got chewed out over mentioning MTC by a few. A few did support her right to have different software other than the Sil Studio.
    Now I will give you the link to the nice forum- http://z15.invisionfree.com/Silhouette_Plus/index.php?act=idx Our own Lylacfey (Deanne) helps on one of the forums. I saw Amy Chomas there too. I received a warm welcome even if I did mention MTC!
    Rhoda
    Rhoda! Thank you for the sweet plug.

One of the reasons I highly recommend MTC is because of Andy. Andy believes you should be able to use the software that you need too and that is right for you. I really love that he has that attitude. It shows me the kind of person he is.

I use a variety of software for my graphic and cutting design needs. If you saw all my graphic programs on my computer your eyes would probably bug out of your head. My cutting design programs number in that many too. I prefer SCAL over MTC. There I said it, ROFL! I do recommend MTC consistently and will always do so. SCAL is better for me but another person it just might be the suckiest hardest program they ever used. I prefer Inkscape over Silhouette Studio. I luuuv Funtime for my Gazelle.

What I like best about MTC and SCAL. They both do different things. It's like using PaintShop Pro and Photoshop. I prefer brushes in Photoshop, filters in PaintShop Pro. I prefer Print & Cut in MTC. I prefer tracing in SCAL. I prefer layers in SCAL. I prefer the layout in MTC.

When you don't feel welcome in a forum you don't buy that product and you give that product a bad review. It hurts to be chastised. A few of us have been through it. I know I have been on this board. I still bought MTC and I still post here. I have seen where a few of you have been chastised on the SCAL forum and that made me mad too. I know who your talking about. I am sorry she did that to you.

I hope this didn't mean to sound flaming. It was not meant to be at all.

Post edited by lylacfey on
  • corwinscorwins Posts: 1,838Member
    All I can say is OMG! I think this thread got out of hand. She was directed to the proper place to ask her question to get the proper answer. Enough, done. If I, or anyone made her feel bad, I sincerely apologize.
  • TAMinatorTAMinator Posts: 2,893Member
    So, it's not the best forum for the type of question she asked. Maybe she thought someone here had also bought the other program and might know? Maybe she thought she'd get an 'honest answer' from a board that's not affiliated instead of a run around? Does it really matter?? How many people (and there were many!) posted about MTC and SCAL on the cricut forums though they were told time and again it wasn't allowed? They just didn't care and kept posting anyway, even if it meant saying '3rd party' instead of the actual names.

Really, not need to make it a big deal over a little question. 8-|
    Kaleidoscope Creations
    Born a Rambling Tam
    Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself, she said, but someone has got to be the voice of reason.
    ~ Brian Andreas
  • ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Posts: 5,797Member
    I agree LCCrafts, Lylacfey, Darlenel, Taminator and Granmamichelf... being polite and providing proper direction is a great way to make friends and influence people positively... never know how that positive interaction can have an impact ...same with a negative one. Unfortunately with all the stress over the PC thing I have seen more touchiness or snippiness lately - maybe when things calm down and people are feeling more welcoming and less suspicious or cautious things will return to total niceness. I do not think "ordering" someone to go somewhere else - they only posted the question once and yes many nicely provided direction or welcomed - but they may not have been back on to see the responses... I only saw the one OP... not like she kept at it... Hopefully she was not offended and she or her friend could still end up with MTC someday. Overall I think most were kind and informative in responding to her question.
This discussion has been closed.