NEW VERSION OF PCS RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.1.0
Click here to learn more!

We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 25% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Effective immediately...

Comments

• Angel135612Angel135612 Posts: 4,246Member
    Also what is the last version of make the cut that will work with the cricut?
    The last version that will work with the Cricut is 3.2.1, BUT it had to be downloaded before March 16. The latest version that is available for download is still 3.2.1 BUT if you download it now, it will NOT have the drivers for the Cricut.
    Diane in Colorado Springs
    Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews
    http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/
    http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • llurgyllurgy Posts: 1Member
    I have a previous version that I downloaded. The driver is there (i think).
    This is only a trial version and I really want the software but I dont know whether I can put my money into something that is no longer supported by its creators. What if it updates and the software no longer works?

Is there any advice out there for people like me who came to the MTC table just a tiny bit too late?

New member......
    Mandy
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Posts: 14,967Member
    Mandy,

I sent you a PM honey.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/
    Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • scrapgal123scrapgal123 Posts: 7Member
    I am so upset with this whole situation. I have the updated version of MTC on one laptop but didn't update to the new version on my netbook, which I use for weekend crops. Is there a way to copy the updated version from one computer to another?
  • texican3ktexican3k Posts: 3Member
    Sad to hear about the mess with PC. I'm like many users here who have hard-earned money invested into PC products, so may be a good while before I buy a new cutter & can update my version that still works with my Cricut. I was glad to find an old copy of MTC (version 3.2.0) on a backup CD that I had tucked away, so I could install MTC on my new computer. It will be a while before I update, though.
    I've always felt PC products were ridiculously overpriced, notoriously under-supported, and now with their decision to slam MTC like this, I've been proven correct. While I still only have a Cricut & about a dozen cartridges, I'm working on getting rid of them and getting a new cutter that will work with MTC. My skinny wallet and I have no patience or tolerance for blatant greed such as that shown by ProvoCraft.
    I have recommended MTC to half a dozen coworkers. One of them plans to buy it this weekend because she has a Cricut. Would she be able to use my version I have saved to CD (version 3.2.0) and use her purchased registration code to activate it so she can still use her Cricut???
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Posts: 10,251Banned
    I have recommended MTC to half a dozen coworkers. One of them plans to buy it this weekend because she has a Cricut. Would she be able to use my version I have saved to CD (version 3.2.0) and use her purchased registration code to activate it so she can still use her Cricut???

well that is not something i would ask so openingly on a forum and by rights is wrong but you do what you want only you are the one who is encouraging something that is no longer supported by the makers of the software and that she would not be able to use the new updates that are comming .

image image
    Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter

http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp

http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/

My Blog is:
    http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/

• Reba1Reba1 Posts: 3,443Member
    First - I fully support Andy and Ann.
    Second - several friends have asked me about cutters, and I have strongly suggested they look anywhere but PC.

Third - WHY do people continue to buy MTC when they are ONLY cutting with PC products? Then they post here to ask if it will work? UHHH, NO! It won't. It clearly states that on the purchase site, and the very first post of this thread.

Sorry if I sound snarky, but we just can't change the answer, offer a work around (don't even know if there is one) or share old install files.
    ...Rebecca - "Zen D Zing" user (N. ILLINOIS)
    Public Flickr album (MTC): http://tinyurl.com/33cgstz Public Flickr album (cakes): http://tinyurl.com/y8d8ztl
  • kriskutskriskuts Posts: 10Member
    First - I fully support Andy and Ann.
    Second - several friends have asked me about cutters, and I have strongly suggested they look anywhere but PC.

Third - WHY do people continue to buy MTC when they are ONLY cutting with PC products? Then they post here to ask if it will work? UHHH, NO! It won't. It clearly states that on the purchase site, and the very first post of this thread.

Sorry if I sound snarky, but we just can't change the answer, offer a work around (don't even know if there is one) or share old install files.
    Thank you so much for saying what I have been wondering. Before my friend and I purchased MTC, we read everything on the site that we could find. We wanted to make sure the program was compatible with our cutters. If prospective customers would just take a moment to read the information on the purchasing page and this discussion thread, they would know MTC does not support the PC cutters. It makes me wonder if it is a PC person trying to cause problems.
  • inkaleinkale Posts: 7Member

Thank you so much for saying what I have been wondering. Before my friend and I purchased MTC, we read everything on the site that we could find. We wanted to make sure the program was compatible with our cutters.
    How smart of you.
    Guess, others were as smart and are now stuck with a cutter which they can't use with the software if they updated without knowing about all this fuss.
    Or they bought the software thinking that they will be able to go with further updates which they are not able to anymore.

So be happy that you were lucky no being in such a situation and don't wonder so much about others who weren't because they have for whatever reason only a PC at home and no option to just buy another cutter.
  • Card DivaCard Diva Posts: 27Member
    I've been looking at the wide variety and range of other cutters out there. OMW, so many DIVINE choices! I 'm going to start saving for a new cutter today,as MTC is the best software on the market. 1000% MTC supporter. :)
  • fergilanfergilan Posts: 28Member
    MTC is the best piece of software I have come across. PC are mad not to have taken it up. As a cougar owner I can only say how sorry I feel for the insect owners but if anyone is busy researching to buy a replacement I can highly recommend the cougar machines
    2 cats and a cougar for companionship - but the cougar is the only one that purrrrrrrrrs
  • JanMcc0422JanMcc0422 Posts: 3Member
    Oh man, I missed something here! What happened? I love MTC but I love my Cricut Expression too and I can't afford to get a different cutter. I know that the version I have now will continue to work, and I love the features, but now I see updates will no longer be compatible!? That really sucks!
  • BerryoneBerryone Posts: 5,120Member
    Why are people still posting to this? @-)
  • KrissyKraftsKrissyKrafts Posts: 3Member
    Sorry this has happened to you Andy. I have version 3.2.1, build was Jan 18, 2011. Is it ok to use MTC? Is it legal for me to use MTC with Cricut? I know alot of people are not happy with PC, I paid for this machine and I should be able to do what I want with it! I have also purchased many products from PC to use with my machine, it's not like I didn't support them either!
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Posts: 4,246Member
    You are able to still use MTC with your Cricut, and the version you have does still work with it. As long as the program was downloaded before March 16th, it will work with the Cricuts.
    Diane in Colorado Springs
    Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews
    http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/
    http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    Why are people still posting to this? @-)
    Because it is a sticky announcement at the top and they see it there when they log in.

In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • BobkatBobkat Posts: 753Member
    Have some empathy guys. I bought my Cricut Create in January 2011 from HSN on a whim. I am retired as is my husband. I just wanted to make a few cards for family members. I don't do scrapbooking. I was not planning on it to supplement my income. I found MTC and purchased it about week before the Andy settled the lawsuit. I had no idea the advertised promise of the free updates would become meaningless. Why not agree to let the current MTC owners get updates but sell only new copies that are no longer PC compatible. Remember, this was a settlement not a court's decision.

The tone of this forum has changed since I joined and Cricut owners no longer seem welcome.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 4,473Administrator
    No, they are welcome... it's just most of who hangs around here have ditched their Cricut machines and upgraded to a more versitile machine.

If you have been feeling rejected, I apologize, it's not what we are trying to do.
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • pegbat_gmail.compegbat_gmail.com Posts: 446Member
    Bobkat- I am a Cricut owner and user and I have not been made to feel unwelcome. There are a lot of us who still use their cricuts and will continue to do so until they no longer work. Just because it was a settlement not a court decision, a party has to abide by the settlement. I, for myself, would not want Andy or any other person to go against a settlement because that would bring on more trouble. Are we all upset with this? Yes we are. Do we find a way to deal with it, yes we do. But maybe the request to change their mind should be directed at PC instead of MTC. I have been shopping for a new cutter because there is no guarantee that my Cricut will even work when an upgrade comes out. So, my decision is to purchase a machine that will work with MTC. PC does not want their machines used with any 3rd party software period. As far as I am concern this only has hurt PC because they lost thousands of customers who still purchased carts and used MTC, and even would have purchased another Cricut. Since this settlement, thousands of potential PC customers have found that there are very attractive alternatives to PC, and most of us did not know this before. But Cricut users are still very welcome on this MB, we are still invited to post or share our projects.
  • kymommy72kymommy72 Posts: 17Member
    I'm a bit confused...does this mean MTC will no longer work with my cricut cutter?
  • kymommy72kymommy72 Posts: 17Member
    Nevermind just read the answer--duh! As long as you downloaded it before march 16th, which I did
  • surrysignssurrysigns Posts: 2Member
    I LOVE LOVE MTC and I sell the Silhouette SD Cutter @surrysigns.com along with vinyl supplies and such. I fully support MTC and will never buy anything Cricut. Kev
    http://www.surrysigns.com
  • jerzgirljerzgirl Posts: 742Member
    Wow, so sorry to read about this Andy and Ann. I am praying mine still works with MTC. I also cant afford a new cutter at this time or for a while, but dont want to give up on the best program I have ever used for fun and crafts. Will have to check mine tomorrow. . . and may have to save, save save. . . .dont want to give this up.
    Lori
    New owner of a Silhouette Cameo
  • kbear222_Michigankbear222_Michigan Posts: 175Member
    how do I prevent my mtc from automatic updating when I open it?
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,832Administrator
    The program will not auto update. You would have to go to our site and specifically choose to download the update.
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,832Administrator
  • scraphappy7scraphappy7 Posts: 7Member
    The question I have is: Will future updates to MTC cause current Cricut users to lose the ability to run their machines? I mean, we have the driver for the Cricut and MTC works for us now. Will MTC be forced to make the driver not work any longer? Or, since MTC was sold to customers before the settlement, with free life-time upgrades, is Andy allowed to continue upgrading without blocking the Cricut users?
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    scraphappy,

Andy took ALL the different plug-ins for the different cutting machines from MTC and people need to download the plug-ins separately. The plug-in for the Cricut machines is no longer available from Andy / MTC.

Those who have MTC prior to March 16th have the plug-in inside their MTC program, but it will be lost if you upgrade. That is why it has been stated several time on this forum that you should save, backup, burn to a disk, email to yourself, whatever the version of MTC that still works with your Cricut.

I hope this helps answer your question.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

• suelovessueloves Posts: 1Member
    edited June 2011
    Please dont think i dont support you i do, but i had MTC bought me by my daughter i have cricut expression and create i cannot afford another cutter ive asked my daughter to buy this for me but now i cannot use it she brought it in January ouch and i still havnt really used it
    Post edited by sueloves on
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Posts: 2,836Member
    The version she bought in January will still work with both of your Cricuts. You just cannot download a newer copy.
  • craftyblondecraftyblonde Posts: 889Member
    Please dont think i dont support you i do, but i had MTC bought me by my daughter i have cricut expression and create i cannot afford another cutter ive asked my daughter to buy this for me but now i cannot use it she brought it in January ouch and i still havnt really used it
    It will still work. That version you got in January had the cricut plugins. Go to your programs... click on start, then programs, then open the "make the cut" folder. Look for the folder that says "drivers" the cricut driver should be in there since you got it in january. its called PCCplugin.dll Copy and paste that to another folder, email it to yourself, save it to a disc etc. etc. If you update your MTC or loose that file in particular you will need it again. email me privately if you have problems and I can walk you through it veronicaslavishlathers@hotmail.com It can be overwhelming at first but once you realize what it takes to get MTC running and working for you it becomes second nature.

Proud owner of a pazzles
  • charmingcharming Posts: 7Member
    I wish I could have found this Forum before this settlement so I could use MTC with my cricut. Anyway, I am never buying from Provocraft again-period!
  • DaniBeegleDaniBeegle Posts: 94Member
    This is the message that I just sent ProvoCraft when I went to 'unsubscribe'

Just wanted you to know that I will be selling my Expression since I will not be able to use my Make The Cut program with it. I will also be selling the 13 Cartridges that I bought this last year (I've had it less than a year) and I will sell the 2 Jukeboxes and Design Studio also. I'll go back to using my Wishblade. Too bad ProvoCraft cut off their nose to spite their face.

Maybe if we all sent them messages they would appreciate the significance of what they have done.

I also sold my cricut expression along with the ds and the 12 carts I had. I've had my machine since Feb 2010. I kept it long enough til I was able to figure out what I wanted but I also knew whatever I bought it had to be compatible with my MTC. I purchased the Craftwell Ecraft a few days ago. It was what would do what I wanted, endless width in cutting abilities which is awesome for my wall borders that some wives has asked me to cut. I am so excited.
  • kinderdesignkinderdesign Posts: 2Member
    Does anyone have the old version? I'd be willing to buy the software if it could be used with Cricut. I am looking to use a software similar to this one and stumbled on this forum. Sounds like this is exactly the software I want but PC is a bunch of jerks and forced MTC to drop their product drivers. If you have the old drivers will it work with the new software? We just bought the cricut and can return it if there's another cutter that is similar. We bought a bunch of cartriges that are not returnable though :(. We would prefer to find a software that can work with it. Anyone? PM me please! I have until the end of the week to return the Cricut, but we'd still be out the money from the cartriges!
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    Return it while you can. The old version is no longer able to be distributed per Federal court mandate. Any one who distributes it is legally accountable for their actions, and knowing Provo Craft, they might end up in court as well. Get a better cutter, the cricut is not known to be the best quality either. There are much better cutters on the market. Sell the carts on ebay. Even in taking a loss you come out ahead with the better cutter.
    Does anyone have the old version? I'd be willing to buy the software if it could be used with Cricut. I have until the end of the week to return the Cricut, but we'd still be out the money from the cartriges!
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • Calgalcr8sCalgalcr8s Posts: 2,647Member

I agree with what Nelda has said. Read up on the new Zing cutter out this fall. From what has been presented to us so far, this is an amazing cutter.

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/17406/pre-order-available-now-the-klic-n-kut-zing#Item_657
  • Liz_ALiz_A Posts: 5,854Member
    The folder you need to look for is called Plugins NOT drivers, so the path is C:\Program Files\Make The Cut!\Plugins (or if Win 7 it may be - C:\Program Files (x86)\Make The Cut!\Plugins).

"It will still work. That version you got in January had the cricut plugins. Go to your programs... click on start, then programs, then open the "make the cut" folder. Look for the folder that says "drivers" the cricut driver should be in there since you got it in january. its called PCCplugin.dll"
  • kinderdesignkinderdesign Posts: 2Member
    Thanks everyone. Looking for a new machine. Won't be PC next time!
  • tracylitsingertracylitsinger Posts: 12Member
    edited September 2011
    where can i get a copy of 3.2.1 version of MTC i came back today to buy the program to do some things for my school, and just found out about all of this, sorry to bring up a bad subject 6 months after the fact, i am sososo sorry andy and ann, i have atteneded a couple of the webinars to learn about the program, but like most others can not afford a new cutter at the moment, and i am in a pinch to get these decals done, if anyone knows of where to get the older version until i can get a new cutter, please let me know, i do not want to get anyone in trouble or anything just really wanted to buy the real version. please please help
    Post edited by tracylitsinger on
    edited September 2011
    @tracylitsinger

I'm sorry, 3.2.1 is no longer available. See this thread: http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/19127/cricut-question/pg1

*edited to take the link to the first post of the thread, not the last :)
    Post edited by iggylover on
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

thank you iggy i geuss i should of done more reading before asking that kind of question, i am sorry about that, and very very sorry to andy and ann, and everyone for what happened i have the trial version of 3.2, but with my father passing away on march 15 and all thats going on with that and probate and family fighting over what they get, i had just forgot to buy it, and now i geuss i am out of luck, until i get a new cutter or ask around to the srapbooking people around here and see if they have a way to cut my decals for me thank you all so much and again i am sorry
    tracy
    edited September 2011

@tracylitsinger
    If you have the trial version, you may buy MTC, get the activation code, and activate that version... that is allowable as you already had that version. :)

*edited to add tracy's name in so she would know that I responded...

PS Sorry to hear about your dad.
    Post edited by iggylover on

@tracylitsinger

After You Install MTC 3.2 On Your Computer, You Will Want to Copy And Save the PCCPlugin.dll File That's In the Plugin Folder of MTC's File Folder in The Programs Folder on your Computer and Save It to A Pen Drive or E-Mail It to Yourself.
    thank you all so much for all the help!!!!! :-j
    @tracylitsinger

As Long as You Have That PCCPlugin Saved In A Safe Place You Can Upgrade to 3.3.3
    thank you, i have saved it, and bought the full version, now i dont have to sit and watch it and push stop before it cuts through the whole thing. saves alot of frustration. i would like to thank andy and everyone who is involved with this program, so far with what i have done so far it is awsome, and really allows you to be creative, still have alot to learn, so i am sure you all will be tired of hearing from me. :-))
    thank you all again so much
    tracylitsinger
  • FancynancykayFancynancykay Posts: 1Member
    I've tried so many kinds of software for my Gazelle - and LOVE MTC!!!!!! I was considering getting a Cricut because i love some of the things on some of the cartridges, but not any longer since they no longer allow you to Make the Choice of how you Make the Cut!!!!!!!

YAY for MTC! I really appreciate the user-friendliness of this program! (not to mention the reasonable price and great support!)
This discussion has been closed.