We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Affiliate Questions

glm77glm77 Member Posts: 20
edited February 2010 in Affiliates
Hello Andy, and all,

I recently was approved as an affiliate for MTC, and am extremely excited to spread the word - even created a new blog! Before I officially start posting on my blog I want to have the affiliate link set up, but I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

I have the links provided by iPortis, and want to put them on my blog. I was noticing that some other affiliates have a discount code on their site links, and I would like to offer the discount too, if I can. So, my questions are:

1. How do I add the discount/coupon code to my order form?

2. In the future, how will I know about discounts/coupon codes offered? Start and end dates? Maybe there's a secret Affiliate forum I don't know about? ;-)

3. Are discounts/coupon codes authorized by Andy, or are they simply left up to each affiliate?

My apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere on the forum - I couldn't find them.

Thanks so much!
Ginger

Comments

• glm77glm77 Member Posts: 20
    Thank you Connie! I will do that from now on...I had read it through, and thought it was just about Andy announcing the change in companies.

However, I still don't see where the instructions are...I must be blind! I did notice that at the end of your link it references item 28 - is that the post number on that thread? When I go to that thread, the last post I see is #24, and only one page. Hmmmm....that brings me back to my question #2...a secret forum? :-)

No emails from Andy, and none in my junk folder either...maybe I should write to him directly.

Again, thank you so much for responding! I am anxious to get my blog going - I've been designing like a fool, and want to share my files there!

Ginger
    That's really weird...when I came here earlier this morning, I didn't see Connie's answer either, but now I do! So, I'll copy and paste it here:
    Start********

Ginger,
    At the top of the forum there is a sticky thread for affiliates...always post questions there, that way they won't get lost in the other stuff at the fourm. You can also edit your first post and move it there. You don't have too, just wanted you to know how.

http://make-the-cut.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1085&page=1#Item_28

If you go there at the bottom are instructions to add the discount code. That info came in an email from Andy. Be sure he has your correct email and that those emails from him aren't going to your spam folder.

Hope that helps!
    Connie

*****End

I did write to Andy, and he was very quick to respond. However, I still haven't figured out exactly HOW to enter the coupon code in the order form. But, I'm not giving up! I'll do more digging today!

Hope this helps you...maybe we can figure this out!

Ginger
  • ConiCutsConiCuts Member Posts: 1,673
    edited February 2010
    Hey Ginger when you are at IPortis you copy your link that has your affiliate code and then put this &cc=MTC216 at the end. That will automatically add the code for you so that if someone purchases from your site you'll get credit.

iportis.com/orderform.php?pid=5g7b5s8w3myn3v0p9qyl&affid=4003 <-----&cc=mtc216 see how I added it to the end of my affiliate purchase link? I removed the https:// at the beginning so you could see the link and code. When you add your code don't add the <---

Connie
    Awesome, Connie! That helps a TON! Thanks so much!
  • BugeyesBugeyes Member Posts: 98
    I know its only a couple of days and this offer will be over with, I still want offer it, so the coupon is MTC216, what is the % off and the sale price, I've searched and couldn't find the message Andy put up

TIA(Thanks In Advance)
    so you are saying you don't have a trial version for the 2.2.1 version and that there is no trial version available for MTC
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    You just go to the main mtc webpage and download without registering for the trial version...found here:

http://www.make-the-cut.com/Download.aspx

Hope this helps,

Jeanette
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    Asking again... Has the St. Patricks Day coupon been extended?
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    yes -- it was supposed to shut off at midnight last night, but it didn't... It will shut off tonight though!
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Member Posts: 559
    Do we have any idea when the next coupon will be out?
    Thanks! Sheri Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00. (The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    Soon -- I am trying to get another version out first
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Member Posts: 559
    No problem. The old coupon for Easter seems to still be active. Thanks Andy!
    Thanks! Sheri Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00. (The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
  • Nancy_Cre8iveCutzNancy_Cre8iveCutz Member Posts: 1,535
    Any updates on the current coupon? Is it going to be active for a while yet?
    Nancy image image   image   image
  • ohscrapohscrap Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Anyone know when the November Affiliate check will be released?
  • Beanie_ID62Beanie_ID62 Member Posts: 3,820
    they are 30 days back to cover the 30 guarantee
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • anaana Member Posts: 769
    can someone please tell me how to add the coupon code to my to get the better price.

Thank you
    Ana - check out my blog...
    http://scraphappyana.blogspot.com/
    cutting with black cat cougar
    edited December 2010
    Add this to the end of your iPortis affiliate code...
    &cc=MTC327

Just checked your blog and it looks like your button is adding the discount.
  • anaana Member Posts: 769
    Thank you, I wasnt sure if it was, but the I would like it to show. Appreciate your help. Now to see if I can actually add it.lol
    Ana - check out my blog...
    http://scraphappyana.blogspot.com/
    cutting with black cat cougar
  • JegaJega Member Posts: 323
    Help. I am a new affiliate and would apprciate if someone could check my blog to make sure I did all OK. I do not think so.
    Is there a step by step somewhere. I saw lots of pieces of info. but as I am visual, I would really apprciate a step by step
    Thank you so much.
    Love make the cut and all the help one gets from this forum.
    Jega www.carterieplus.com
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    It took me to the order page, seems to be working. No discount shows up now but that is probably because the sale is off.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
    I still see it on some sites but still have no idea how to put it up on my blog :(
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    Jega, I would check with Andy about that.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,280
    Jega, add the following to the end of your buy url:
    &cc=MTC327
    That will add the current coupon code automatically to the order page.
    I have a question about what I can do to populate the owners of MTC.
    Is it ok if I do a demonstration of MTC at a local crop ? I know it is a silly questions but better safe than sorry. So IF (and that is a big if) I can get permission from the local crop can I give a demonstration of the functionalities and mayb a couple of Julie's tuts. It is a completely french community and they would need this in French. Would Julie or anybody out there with tuts mind if I translated some of the prints and videos? That is .... when I have time. TIA I will wait for an answer before approching the owner of the store. I think she will be a harder sell than you guys LOL
  • afriedellafriedell Member Posts: 37
    I am still waiting for my code...people must be really busy!
    Create Something Every Day!
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Most people don't realize MTC is a true 'Mom & Pop' type business... Andy is the programmer/designer/troubleshooter, while Ann is the main email and help desk. They have two young children that help to keep Ann extra busy too.

SBryanW, who helps run the webinars, has a full-time job and then helps answer questions here when he can.

Nelda, Gabe and myself as mods volunteer our time here, as do all the wonderful people on this forum who help answer questions.

You should get an answer eventually, but sometimes it takes time. :)
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,057
    I am still waiting for my code...people must be really busy!
    When did you request it? You just joined the forum yesterday so I assume that it was within the past 24 hours? They will get to you as quickly as possible. Welcome.
    :)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • jim1209halljim1209hall Member Posts: 379
    I know this is going to be a really stupid question but,where can I buy new blades and springs? I'd like to buy directly from Andy to show as much support of him that I can.I bought my Zing from him.But I don't know how to get back to his store or whatever you call it.Or may-be he has affiliates that do it for him now. But I'm bladeless now so I really need to know.
    @jim1209hall - The store can be found at: http://store.make-the-cut.com/

The blades are on this page:
    http://store.make-the-cut.com/machine-cutting-blades.html

Hope that helps.

Bryan
  • Chinook203Chinook203 Member Posts: 254
    I just finally put my link up. I plan on putting it on another page and mentioning more about it, but wanted to be sure I have it in there right. Can someone good at this check for me?? I used the link that I got from either iportis or mtc. lOL www.northstarcrarftsupply.com
    @Chinook203 - There doesn't appear to be a link - I sent you a PM
  • Chinook203Chinook203 Member Posts: 254
    Thanks Bryan! The picture is the link for right now until I can do some writing and "promoting"
This discussion has been closed.