We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

**Attention Affiliates**

AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
edited February 2010 in Affiliates
Hello all...

We are getting ready to switch to a new affiliate system! This change will happen on 2/16/2010.

This system is a newer and has a much cleaner interface -- there are no "review periods" where you have to wait 3 months for your check. Their affiliate support is top-notch -- No more of this "send an email and let's pray we get a response within 7 days if anything at all."

Click this link to sign up, but don't activate your links until 2/16/2010 -- continue to use regnow until then.

They have a nice link program where you can link directly to the billing page as well as any page on the MTC website... even forum posts.

The new affiliate links operate more solidly than the last system. There was a lot of controversy with the old system where some affiliates were concerned about not getting commission when they swore they generated the sale (and honestly, they may have been right. I don't know -- there was no rhyme or reason to how RegNow decided which affiliate got the sale.) That won't happen with this system.

No more undercutting will happen. There will be no way one affiliate can undercut another affiliate. This is extremely important to us. This makes it fair for all the affiliates -- so the ones that do the most work get the most commission -- which is the way it should be.

The affiliate change will be on 2/16/2010 after the Valentines Day coupon expires. On 2/16/2010 I am withdrawing MTC from the RegNow affiliate program... so make sure you update your links otherwise you will miss commissions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone... We jumped the gun by not researching affiliate programs properly before setting one up.

I have talked to the owners of iPortis directly on the phone and have had extensive conversations in email with them. This team of individuals are on our side -- they aren't out to get us. They want to see all of us succeed... which is a big breath of fresh air.

If you have any concerns, you can post them in this thread... If you have concerns, but do not want to publicly display them, just shoot us an e-mail.

Thanks everyone for understanding... It will all be worth it!

Sincerely,
The Make The Cut! Team
I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.

Comments

• SuperJoySuperJoy Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    So does that mean that if we haven't quite reached the $100 sales mark yet we lose all the money we have made in commission so far? TIA!
    Joy
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    The minimum payout is 25$ for regnow... If you have made more than 25$, then you can get the money out. If not, you can ask them to close your account and tell them to send you your money.

If they don't pay you out, let me know. That isn't regnow's money, although they treat it like it is -- Which is horribly wrong.
    Also, iPortis also just opened up a new payment type for affiliates. Here is more information on it: https://www.iportis.com/payoneer.php
  • BugeyesBugeyes Member Posts: 98
    so after we switch links over, we can delete regnow account, we won't be dealing with them correct
    yes -- you no longer need your regnow account if MTC was the only thing you were selling through them.

Just let them know that you no longer need your account and you would like the remainder of your payments sent asap.
  • iPortisiPortis Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

My name is Charles with iPortis.com, and I wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone who reads and/or participates in this forum discussion thread.

I speak on behalf of everyone at iPortis.com when I say we are very excited about our partnership with Make The Cut, LLC, and we look forward to working with them, and with you!

Please let us know if you have any questions about our services via email at [email protected], and we will be happy to help. We are also very open to suggestions on how we can improve our services, so please do not hesitate to provide feedback on what features and functionality you'd like to see as part of your affiliate partnership with us and MTC.

Wishing you continued success,

Charles

iPortis.com : e-commerce made easy
    http://www.iportis.com
  • commandyourcricutcommandyourcricut Member Posts: 13
    That iPortis credit card looks AWESOME! It will be a great way to itemize your affiliate spending. If you own an affiliate LLC, or likewise, this will be a great way to keep all of your business spending in one place. Use it for advertising or if you take Andy out to dinner (business dinner) you will have a record for deductions. By the way, Andy, we should go out to dinner and you can try it with your credit card then you can let me know how it works.

Matt
  • KwiteKreativeKwiteKreative Member Posts: 2
    I'm a brand new affiliate today. Having never used regnow, can I go ahead and post my iPortis link, or should I also wait until Feb. 16? Thanks!
    Lisa H.
    if you want to be 100% positive you get your commission, I would wait until the 16th!
  • KwiteKreativeKwiteKreative Member Posts: 2
    Will do...thanks!
  • TamieCTamieC Member Posts: 110
    edited February 2010
    This is the best news ever. I only sold 4 packages thru regnow, and got commission for one. What a struggle dealing with that company.
  • Beanie_ID62Beanie_ID62 Member Posts: 3,820
    I have sold 4 and have not gotten anything
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
    off the old system, right?
  • KwiltKwilt Member Posts: 1,360
    How can one become an affiliate? What are the requirements?
    Huggs...Kathy
    Proud MTC Member Since: 12/25/2009

LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ LOVE MY 15" KNK MAXX!!!!
    MY BLOG: CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND COFFEE
    All you have to do is sign up and then add the links to your website -- it's that easy!
  • VisualDesignsbyChrisVisualDesignsbyChris Member Posts: 179
    edited February 2010
    Because I think this is fantastic news... FANTASTIC..
    I have created a database at the MTC yahoo group that all affiliates are welcome to list themselves in and their site and affiliate link. For anyone interested. Here is the direct link... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/makethecut/database?method=reportRows&tbl=4

Enjoy!
    Chris
    www.visualdesignsbychris.com
    Post edited by Andy on
    Happilly cutting since 2004.. Owner of too many digital cutters to list, Make the Cut Yahoo Group & Visual Designs by Chris. .. I design node by node, test cut by test cut with addicted passion. ~~~~~~ I can be found in the VDBC forum, Cutting away in my studio, On horse back, with my son & hubby, or even on facebook. Enjoy!
    "We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
    Updates have taken place... if you are still using regnow, you should switch to ensure you get the correct commission
  • Beanie_ID62Beanie_ID62 Member Posts: 3,820
    Thank You just made the switch!... Will we still get what Regnow owes us? I have almost $100. in there but don't know how I get it????
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
    just keep writing them -- at least once a week. They are stubborn.

This is exactly why we dumped them.
    woo hoo...I'm In!!! Thanks for the opportunity Andy!

• Do we know how this tracks our customers, yet? I couldn't find info on the iPortis page. It helps to know how it works so we can help our customers if they have issues. For instance if someone downloads the program using our link, will we eventually get credit for that sale if they end up purchasing? Or, do they need to clear cookies like the "other place" if they want to purchase through us yet have visited elsewhere first?

Darcy
    Check out the "reseller links"
    How do I link the coupon code to my ad on my blog? I saw something when I first linked it to my blog when I signed up, but now I don't see where I can add the $10 coupon...sigh...I'll catch on soon...I promise!
    Huggs...Kathy

• snojunkiesnojunkie Member Posts: 157
    Kwilt I'm with you? I am also wondering how do you get one of those super cute buttons for them to click on that goes to your purchase page???
  • ConiCutsConiCuts Member Posts: 1,673
    edited February 2010
    You just save the little picture to your pc and then upload it to your blog. Depending on what blog you use the html may be different. I'm on Blogger and so this is what my code looks like:

This html tells the web where to find my picture and then where to go when someone clicks on it. You have to put your picture that is saved on your pc to your own picture hosting place. You can't use other peoples image links as that is stealing bandwidth and not good. You can use Flickr or Photobucket and there are other places too.
    Just use the above code as a guide, replace the first part with your own selling link and the second part with where you have your picture uploaded too. At that picture place once you've uploaded it, you can get the image location (url).
    Hope that helps. Below is the picture I use but there are others as well. You can use any you find on the web, just be sure to save them to your pc and upload them to your own picture hosting site.

Connie
    http://www.cutbyconnie.blogspot.com
    connie did you put this in a gadget on blogger or in a post? I am using blogger>
    oh my gosh Connie I did it!!!!!!!!!! HUGEHUGGS!!
    edited February 2010
    I saw! You did great! Now, just add that
    &cc=MTC216
    to the very end of your sell link and people won't have to add the discount code. It will already be added for them.

Oh and yes you did it right, I added it as a gadget html/java script
    howdy all! Just wonderin'...I haven't received an email as of yet from Andy...do we take off the feb. coupon code from the MTC order form...and is there another one we are using.
    How do I subscribe for the affiliate emails?
    huggs...Kathy

I didn't know that there was an email... I'm interested also.
    i am keeping the coupon going for a bit longer... For now it will be going until the 7th.

I will be sending out another email soon!
  • iPortisiPortis Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Hello from Charles at iPortis.com!

We hope you have enjoyed using our affiliate tracking service thus far, and please let us know if there are any features you'd like to see added to make your experience even more enjoyable.

The reason I am posting this message is to let you know about a great new benefit for all of our affiliates on iPortis.com.

Effective immediately, we are accepting applications for an iPortis.com branded Prepaid MasterCard, and we are waiving the one-time sign-up fee of $19.95 USD, as well as the monthly maintenance fee of $10.00 for all new and current affiliate card holders! If you don't already have your iPortis.com Prepaid MasterCard, now is a great opportunity to save $120.00 annually by applying for your card today.

The iPortis.com Prepaid MasterCard is a fast, secure and cost effective payment method with which you can receive your affiliate payments. Your MasterCard can be used online or in stores, or to withdraw cash in your local currency at an ATM! No bank account or credit checks are required.

Primary Benefits of the iPortis.com Prepaid MasterCard:

- Safe and secure mode of withdrawal
    - Faster access to your iPortis.com funds
    - No bank account required
    - Never overdraw your account; you can only spend money that has been loaded onto the card
    - Use the card anywhere a MasterCard is accepted - online and in stores
    - Withdraw cash in local currency at ATMs (where MasterCard logo appears) around the world
    - Online access to view your account, payments, balance and transaction history 24/7 accepted worldwide or online.

To receive your iPortis.com Prepaid MasterCard, just log in to your iPortis.com account at https://www.iportis.com/login.php and navigate to the "Account Information" section. At the bottom of the screen, click on the 'Apply for our FREE Prepaid MasterCard' link, and follow the instructions provided.

For more information, please visit https://www.iportis.com/payoneer.php or email us at [email protected]

Wishing you continued success,

Charles

iPortis.com : e-commerce made easy
    http://www.iportis.com
  • maliamalia Member Posts: 382
    I cannot got the link to copy and paste. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
  • Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Member Posts: 559
    edited March 2010
    I'm so excited to be an Affiliate! Thank you Connie. I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm! Now I'm trying to get it to let me post a slideshow from photobucket showing some of the things I've created with MTC. Still working the kinks out there.

Another question. When someone clicks on the link in my blog, it takes them straight to the ordering page. Is there a way to post a link with my Affiliate number that takes them to the main page so they can find out about the software first before buying it?

Does anyone know if there is a new coupon yet?
    ======================
    http://www.grapevinescrapper.blogspot.com
    Post edited by Sheri_in_TX on
    Thanks! Sheri Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00. (The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
    Hi Sheri,
    Glad you are up and running. Now what you can do is add a DEMO download link and that page will give them more info. At Iportis sign in and look under the products tab at top and there you'll see MTC and it will give you 2 links. A purchase link and a product link. Use that product link to send them to get more info or download the demo. Look at my blog to see how I added that in red.

Now when you click that at first you may think it's not working because when you get to that page it doesn't show your product link with your affiliate number at the end, but just shows the make the cut link. It does work but happens quickly because the link is redirected quickly or masked to only show the make the cut link. However, they still got there via your link and you'll get credit should they purchase at a later date.

Hope that helps, Connie
    http://www.cutbyconnie.blogspot.com
    Connie you are a gem! Thank you for your help. I found it last night and put it up. Today I've had 2 phone calls from friends who are wanting to buy. I've encouraged them to jump in with both feet.

I so appreciate this forum and everyone's willingness to help. <3
    Thanks! Sheri Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00. (The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
  • scrappinwithzscrappinwithz Member Posts: 2,717
    Someone HELP!! I had my blog fixed with the pic and everything set up but when you clicked on the pick it went to my photobucket page that had the pic. Here is what I have

<[IMG]http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo188/zenita1963/creative_125x125.jpg[/IMG]alt="Make the Cut" />

Please someone can you help me? I would really like to get this going.

TIA

Z
    My blog: http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com Zenita S.--Dexter, MO-- Cougar!!! affiliate for MTC affiliate for Lettering Delights
  • BasketsCLBasketsCL Member Posts: 9
    I have no idea how to add the link to my page - i'm signed up as an affiliate - and i have the code - but when I paste it in the box - all i get is the text - and it doesn't do anything ... and i know it's not right ??? HELP ???????????? sometimes I really hate this computer !!!

thanks.
    cindy
  • K_leeK_lee Member Posts: 6,416
    btt
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
    Z did you get it fixed? I'd be happy to help as I am using photobucket too. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want.

BasketsCL, what code are you using?
  • mrs.jbarbermrs.jbarber Member Posts: 116
    conicuts= thank you without your help above I would've never figured that out
    www.jodiscreativeside.blogspot.com
  • JenniferJennifer Member Posts: 14
    How long does it take to get approved as an affiliate? I signed up this morning

Thanks
    Jennifer
  • Nancy_Cre8iveCutzNancy_Cre8iveCutz Member Posts: 1,545
    From what I remember, it is only a day or so, not long at all. I was stalking my email the day I signed up, waiting for that approval email to arrive! :-)

Nancy
    Nancy image image   image   image
  • mfranklinmfranklin Member Posts: 1
    I am only just now getting around to changing from the RegNow to Iportis....guess it's a good thing I didn't have any commissions in that time

I emailed RegNow about closing my account and wanting my balance sent to me....they emailed me back within an hour and said that the money would be sent out tomorrow! I was surprised it was so fast.

Mary*MI
    http://crazy2scrap.blogspot.com
  • minawnaminawna Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,

I signed up to become an affiliate last night and received my activation email this am. Does anyone know how soon after I receive the activation email can I add the link to my blog. Do I need to wait for my account product to no longer say "pending?"

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Shona
  • K_leeK_lee Member Posts: 6,416
    btt
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
  • filekutzbylisajanefilekutzbylisajane Member Posts: 18
    Ok I have signed up to be an affiliate today, have been approved and have linked it on my blog.. I think.. can someone check for me to make sure I did it right? http://filekutz.blogspot.com/

Now I have a few questions.. are there instructions on where to go from here? Is there emails sent to affiliate's with update's ect? I used the code everyone else seems to be using to get the discount on the program.. when will I know this expires or a new code is given? Thank you everyone for any help!!
  • stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
    Hey there,

Looks like it is working, Andy does send periodic e-mails to us with updates and such, using the current coupon code is what we are all doing for now - he will let us know if it expires ;)

Welcome!
  • filekutzbylisajanefilekutzbylisajane Member Posts: 18
    Thank you Stackyscraps!! Glad to be here!!
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,288
    LisaJane - two things. You are using an expired coupon code. I believe the current one is MTC327, not MTC216. Also, you are using an old image for MTC (Andy does not use the "Unleash the power of your cricut" anymore. You can get new buttons/images at the bottom of this page: http://www.make-the-cut.com/Affiliates.aspx?ref=footer

Bryan
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!