We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Font sizes?

waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
edited December 2009 in Help for Make The Cut
This relates to the default of everything entering as whatever size the caret is set to. Here's the problem:

If I type in "Patty" "Patricia" or just an "a" - they'll all come out the same height (whatever that caret size is) - So the "font sizes" are all different. "Patty" is smaller than "Patricia" (because of the y) which is smaller than the "a" because of the P.

Is there a work around for this? I have a great font of Celtic borders that should all fit together when the same font size. Because the pieces of the individual "letters" don't overlap, splitting has the same result as breaking, which makes it a pain if I type it all in as one text object. But if I place each "letter" individually, they don't fit together.

And now I've probably just confused everyone...

Patty

Comments

• Scrapbooking_GrandmaScrapbooking_Grandma Member Posts: 284
    edited December 2009
    I see what is happening...When you type the word all at once your font will be in poportion. But when you add to what is already placed on the mat it will give you a true 1" Size.
    I would say it needs a fix but in the mean time you could try typing in the box everything at once and then enter it on your mat.

I was also looking for a feature for altering your true size, and ratio buttons.
    Post edited by Scrapbooking_Grandma on
  • TAMinatorTAMinator Member Posts: 2,902
    I think I get what you mean - it's like using the cricut on real dial size. There has to be some way to have your letter come out proportionately like they do when you type. <<<
    imageKaleidoscope Creations Stamps Made in USA photopolymer Kaleidoscope Creations Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself, she said, but someone has got to be the voice of reason. ~ Brian Andreas
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    Use the "Add Text" button... it's in the "Text And Fonts" tab -- the icon has a pencil on it. Type your text and hit the enter key... That should help!
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
    edited December 2009
    Andy
    Using the text box and entering the whole word at once you don't have that problem. Using the Text box and entering each letter one at a time you get a true 1" letter for each letter if your adding to the letters already placed on the mat.
    It is definetly irractic when adding to what you already have placed on your mat.
    edited December 2009
    Taminator
    Yes thats what I'm talking about. Having a real dial size and also a ratio aspect button that you can turn on and off as needed to edit your image. Even a check box would work.
    Post edited by Scrapbooking_Grandma on
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    Scrapbooking_Grandma and Taminator - you've gotten it exactly! It really is like using the real dial size. And with most actual TEXT things (words and such), it isn't an issue. The letters split just fine into individual objects. It is just on those few pain-in-the-butt dingbat or pictorial fonts that we all love so much that it presents a problem. With the Celtic border font I was using, it was really just a matter of a tiny difference, but that's a huge thing when trying to make a smooth overall design.
    Thanks for telling me how to do that. LOL

Now if I could only get my screen captures (shhh) to come out smooth! (Angled lines and some curves.)
    imageKaleidoscope Creations Stamps Made in USA photopolymer Kaleidoscope Creations Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself, she said, but someone has got to be the voice of reason. ~ Brian Andreas
    LOL - I won't tell if you won't. I was just using that idea to make digital shadows for a hybrid card.
    Some aren't too bad at all, some have more wobbly edges. This tends to happen where there's an angle and sometimes in curves. But I did get a scalloped circle that came out pretty good. None of my cartridges (I have 10) have one. Except the one on Storybook that for a flower, so the scallops are off. I did make one in DS some time ago, but it can't be resized as a whole group. Which is the biggest drawback to that program - no grouping to resize as a whole. I tried to do some old-fashioned streetlights ;) but the light part is not coming out well.
  • LOL...you guys are sneaky...I never thought of doing that.
    The font 09KutUps - I think from Clever Someday and there's a link here somewhere - has loads of beautiful scalloped shapes.

And Scrapbooking_Grandma - someone actually POSTED about this "trick" on the Cricut MB months ago - I was stunned!!!
This discussion has been closed.