NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

Do you have Questions about the Gazelle cutter or issues you want to ask?

Comments

• mommahobbitmommahobbit Posts: 3,022Member
    Thank you for the info I think I will try it today:)
  • Sandee_McIntyreSandee_McIntyre Posts: 8Member
    FYI... I asked in the webinar if we can cut on the 12X24 mat.. Andy said yes we can but if you use the Cricut mat then the cut may be off due to the Cricut mat is thiner than the Gazelle mat. :-)
  • lylacfeylylacfey Posts: 138Member
    I gave up on my Gazelle. Gasp, I know! :D! My DH took it for his garage. I have highly recommended them for two years but the noise is horrendous. It's getting worse. Machine cuts beautifully but I swear it gets nosier by month. My DH stole it to do his work. Real men craft in pink, ROFL!
    Wow lyl , you can sit it on a towel or such to dampen noise. I am so sorry.
    Wow lyl , you can sit it on a towel or such to dampen noise. I am so sorry.
    I tried the towel and it still was noisy. The Cricut can be noisy too but the Cricut sounds like a hum and the Gazelle sounds like a loud jackhammer. I just gave up.

• edieedie Posts: 52Member
    How do I get a file to print to my desktop printer. I have set this printer as default and it still will not print. When I set the DC330 or whatever the # is as default, it cuts the image on the mat. I am using the gazelle. I want to try to do a print and cut. I am just trying to print a basic shape from MTC and I don't know how to set it up to do this.
    I have not tried to PnC yet so I am not sure. Hopefully someone will jump in Please anyone?
  • uk-ladyuk-lady Posts: 112Member
    With mine I hit print and then a box appears with the gazelle printer as default, but I hit the drop down button at the side of the name and it shows a list of printers, then I hit my inkjet name and then print. It auto goes back to the gazelle one after but you can see that when you go to cut
    Take care cos I care
    Hugs
    Myra
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    edie, like what uk-lady says. Do File-Print, and then to be sure to choose your printer.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
    Thanks nelda and uk-lady. I am still working on this. Can't even get my computer to recognize the printer now. Am going to uninstall and reinstall the printer and see if that works.
    Thank you ladies for your help. I am now able to print. My next thing is to work on the alignment for the cut.
    edited January 2011
    Good news my DH fixed my Gazelle. Thank heavens for geeky DH's of the world. :)

There is nothing wrong with the machine. It's just all metal so it's reverberating. Some things were loose and he tightened it up. I moved it from my desk back to my die cutting shelf. She's quiet as can be now.

He also fixed my Cricut. My blade arm was loose and cracking. It was going to be bad. I am so happy I keep broken Cricut's around. That is a must if your a Cricut owner. Have my old Wishblade too. :) Now it's cutting almost as accurate as the Gazelle.

I am happy girl right now to have my babies back.

Edie- For PnC I used the registration marks. I have an Ott Lite over my desk. I moved my Ott-Lite right under the Gazelle registration mark. It highlighted like a Broadway sign. I got a perfect PnC.

I should note this was when my Gazelle was on my desk. I had to move it because of the Gazelle noise. I do have a Silhouette I use for PnC mainly because I really love the dot on laser registration with that machine.

Over at the BossKut forums there is a great PnC video that shows you how to use a flashlight. I think it was Jules or Terri who came up with that idea. It's a really good trick when aligning PnC with the Gazzy.

HTH!
    Post edited by lylacfey on
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Posts: 1,511Member
    Ly -

Just curious - can you bug hubby to give you details on what he did to your gazzy to quiet her? Due to my hearing, the noise doesn't bother me, but it bothers my menfolk who hang out where I use her.....
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
    Ly, do you have the link to the discussion on the BK forum? Their search feature is almost as bad as this one. I did a search for flash light but didn't find it. TIA!
  • kittskikittski Posts: 1,339Member
    Good news my DH fixed my Gazelle. Thank heavens for geeky DH's of the world. :)HTH!
    Yeah! God Bless geeky DH!
    Alicia "I'm old enough to know better, too young to give a rat's a**."
    Gazzy Gazelle & a baby Silhouette cutter too :-)
    http://3dogphotos.exposuremanager.com/ **http://sweetwateribizans.com ** http://www.cafepress.com/3dogphotos

• uk-ladyuk-lady Posts: 112Member
    This is the training vid by Terri where she mentions the flash light.

http://www.bosskuttraining.com/PrintAndCutAlignment_vertical/PrintAndCutAlignment_vertical.html
    Take care cos I care
    Hugs
    Myra
    pigtailpat- DH had to open my Gazzy. She is out of warranty. I know the risks. My DH fixes electronics as a side job.

He tightened the belt, glue the strip (it came loose) and tightened the housing itself. The housing was a little loose due to the vibrations. That was probably from my desk. I know he did something else but he's sleeping right now. I will ask when he gets up.

I have a rolling shelf she sets on now. It seems to cushion the noise. I notice the Gazzy really hates wooden desks. It makes the machine incredibly noisy. My desk is an antique kitchen table. The Gazzy would shake violently while it was cutting. Funny, my Cricut is also on my desk and does not shake at all.

Nelda- Here's the video: http://www.bosskuttraining.com/PrintAndCutAlignment_vertical/PrintAndCutAlignment_vertical.html

I just noticed UKLady beat me to it. :)
  • CarmenOCarmenO Posts: 1,109Member
    I have been using my gazelle a lot. I think I have watched most of the videos At the end of the video mentioned above it says to use this process for calibrating the machine also. I have never done this am I supposed to and is there information that I missed on this somewhere? Thanks
    Gazelle, Cameo
    Carmen- I have never calibrated my machine. The calibration info just confuses me. I think it's for the older software that was not updated. I am not quite sure. Terri would have the dot on answer. My machine seems fine and calibrated correctly.

PigTailPat- My DH said he did nothing else to the machine except tighten everything that came loose due to the noise and vibrations. My Cricut was also down at the same time and that's what most of the work into.
    Great mine seems to cut really well. So I'll just skip that part. Thanks
    Gazelle, Cameo
    Thanx for the GReat info!
    Just thought I would bumb this in case someone can use it. :X
    Update on the noise issue and some help for it. Half my craft room was destroyed this week. Not joking. My poor Gazelle was hurt. She is ok now. I have the wonderful DH who can fix anything. I swear on everything the Gazelle can take some hits. My DH went to Dollar Tree tonight and bought some floor stick protectors. They are just a simple little stick pad that protects your furniture. Raising the Gazelle up a little bit did help with the noise and shaking. Especially the shaking. She is rock solid now. I hope that helps all who are being blown out of their rooms from the Gazelle noise.
    Wow Lylacfey, what happened? Big hugs! Thank you for the noise info!
    Lylacfey, please explain about the stick pads. Were they the felt ones that you put on the bottom of chair legs? I have some of those (for my coaster tiles) but have not thought about putting them on my GZ.
    edited January 2011
    Wow Lylacfey, what happened? Big hugs! Thank you for the noise info!
    We have somebody who is in our family with impulse and anger issues. This person does not live in our home but needed our help. This person lost control and destroyed my craft room. None of it was directed toward me, about me or had anything to do with me. It was just one of those horrible moments. Some of my animals are in that room and they were my primary concern when it happened.
    Lylacfey, please explain about the stick pads. Were they the felt ones that you put on the bottom of chair legs? I have some of those (for my coaster tiles) but have not thought about putting them on my GZ.
    Those are the ones Nelda. They do work really well but I just had to take mine off the Gazelle because my desk made it slippery. I love my desk so much but it does not love my Gazelle, lol. I am still looking for a nice shelf. I have three die cutters and the shelf I currently use can only hold two. One always has to go on my desk. I prefer the Gazelle over the Expressions since the Expression is huge.

Anybody following this thread wanting to purchase a Gazelle. Make sure you have a decent set up for the Gazelle. It does help a lot. I had one before but needed to change it. That old setup is not an option again. :(

Post edited by lylacfey on
    lylacfey, power to you for you incredible strength. Please if you have any insight on patience please pass them on. I can relate , I have a bi polar/manic depressive aunt who is off her meds right now. She is leaving shrines, she has broken things and people so yes please realize you are amazing to have the patience to deal with this person. I realize she is sick , but it does not make it any easier.
    I put a piece or the rubbery shelf liner under mine and it doesn't move around.
    Gazelle, Cameo
    Good idea carmen!
    Has anyone taken their Gazzy on a crop or to a class? I have been asked to but am concerned about set up etc. when I get there. Besides the fact if anything ever happened to her I would never forgive myself!
    I think you could if you had it set up on your lap top
    Gazelle, Cameo
  • Here is my first design I made in MTC and then cut with my Gazelle. I am really enjoying my Gazelle. It has taken me sometime to learn how to use it but I think I am doing pretty good with it now. I hope you like what I have made..
    tux card.jpg
    422 x 384 - 20K
    imagesnbv.jpg
    230 x 219 - 12K
  • esnoveresnover Posts: 11Member
    Expression v. Gazelle
    If you have used both, which is better? Not cutting force, but ease of use, tutorials or user's groups, customer service, etc. etc.
    I had thought to get the Expression, but have read that many people have had problems with customer service and that the Expression will not cut many thicker materials, will not cut very intricate designs, will not cut a full 12 x 12 cut for borders, etc.
    However, I don't know as much about Bosskut and am concerned about their long term stability - a great cutter with a company that no longer supports it is useless.
    I do already own MTC, so I can use it with either machine.
    Your input is valued and appreciated.
    I think the E is a little easier, but the GZ is not hard (I still sometimes forget about pushing the button when I want to cut). Really it is what you get used to. The buttons are not marked on the GZ and each one has 2 functions depending if the red light is on or off. Also, the E feeds the mat in a certain amount while with the GZ you set how far it goes in. It does have a laser for alignment.

I have not found that the support with GZ and MTC is very good through the BK forum, although you can get help here. BK is all about using FunTime and help with that. At one time TeriM was active on here but she stopped that some time ago. I bought my GZ when she was active here, I was a little disappointed that she has not remained active.

The GZ is built solid - all working parts are metal (the end caps and drawer are plastic). It can use Cricut mats and cricut/Roland blades. It has it's own blade holder. Once nice thing, you can use pens and markers in it WITHOUT the need for an extra holder (no extra $$), the pen fits right in the screw adjustment thingie. All of the others cutters (that I am aware of) need an additional holder for pens or markers.

The GZ does not cut a full 12" with MTC, although it will in FunTime. It will cut much more intricate than the E (although not as intricate as the Cougar). But it is about half the cost of the cheapest (13") cougar. If you look for a sale or on ebay, you might be able to get a better deal. I think Andy bought his on ebay.

If I were to choose between the two, I would definitely get the GZ, it is the better machine. That being said, the colored Es are rather inexpensive right now, so if cost is a consideration, you might consider it since it is about half the cost of the GZ. If they would sell the GZ without Funtime you could save about $130-$150, which would make the GZ a steal! If only they would!

It all depends on what you need and what you can spend. Take a look carefully at your current and future needs and make your decision from there.
    I have the Gazelle and the E also. If I had to do it over again I would pass on the E. Even at the cheap price and save a little longer for the Gazelle I love my gazelle. I didn't have a hard time learning it but I did find it easier once I had purchased the adjustable cutter.
    Gazelle, Cameo
  • juliefesjuliefes Posts: 3,366Member
    I have both the Expression and Gazelle. I am very spoiled by the Gazelle, so I only use the E when necessary for testing purposes.
    Julie, craftymusician@comcast.net
    Free MTC Tutorials: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MTC_Tuts/
    Free PCS Tutorials: pcs_tuts-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Try Demo of Popup Card Studio: http://tinyurl.com/PCSDemo-FES
    Purchase Popup Card Studio: http://tinyurl.com/PCS-Fes
    Purchase Make The Cut: tinyurl.com/Purchase-MTC
    Purchase Pazzles: http://tinyurl.com/Pazzles-JF
    I have both the Expression and Gazelle. I am very spoiled by the Gazelle, so I only use the E when necessary for testing purposes.
    same here :)

• TerriMTerriM Posts: 254Member
    Nelda, i'm still around sweetie!
    it's just been a rough last couple months for me...
    1st i was down for a few weeks with terrible pnemonia...
    then that damned truck hit me... (literally, i was walking and got hit by a big truck!)
    and in between my kids are making me old and crazed!!
    then all of the sudden it was time for CHA...

give me a little time to re-coop...
    i'll get back in to swing of things eventually!!

(hugs)
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    Yikes Terri!

Glad you're ok. :-D

get-well-soon-flower in pot.gif
    315 x 317 - 49K
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

• paupau04paupau04 Posts: 4,771Member
    Terri. so sorry to hear this. You take time to take care of yourself!
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!!

http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
  • JeannetteCJeannetteC Posts: 3,200Member
    Sorry to hear that Terri! Hope you are doing better now.
    Jeannette C, Ontario, Canada
    http://houseofcards-jc.blogspot.com
    fghr.jpg
    203 x 183 - 13K
    Sending you hugs Terri!
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 40Member
    Terri: Hope you heal really well...best wishes to you!

Gazelle Dust Cover: I finally made a dust cover for my Gazelle. Used my fabric scraps; DH digitized the BossKut/Gazelle logo for my home embroidery machine. There’s a flap for the cords when they’re plugged in, which is most of the time.
    imageimage
    BK002.jpg
    576 x 252 - 56K
    BK004.jpg
    576 x 269 - 51K
    Nice cover!
    now i must make one!
    imageimage
    imagesfdsg.jpg
    268 x 188 - 17K
    imagesjuy.jpg
    354 x 142 - 10K
    I finally figured out how to use my Gazelle for 24 inch cricut mat with MTC. First I taped the edges of the mt with masking tape this gave the wheels a little more thickness to hold on too. Then I figured out you had to have a 12 X12 mat on your page in MTC start the design in the bottom right corner as usual and let the design extend over the mat on the top in Portrait mode it will tell you that you are things off the mat but tell it to cut anyway. Hope this helps someone else!
    Gazelle, Cameo
    Great idea! tytyty
    had an email question so bumping this up for her :)
This discussion has been closed.